Shut out

I walk into my room and see Percy sitting on my bed.

"Hey," I say to Percy, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Percy mumbles.

"I think I know when my own twin needs to talk. Spill," I say.

"Ok, fine," he says, "I think I understand your feeling overshadowed thing now. It's bad enough that I'd been run out of Atlanta by evil we gods, I'd also failed to stop a giant shrimp from attacking. The itchthycentaurs didn't want to meet us. We get to the pillars of Hercules and I had to stay aboard while Jason took the lead. I mean Hercules is the most famous demigod if all time. I know now he's a jerk but still. I'm getting kind of tired of staying aboard the ship."

I let out a laugh. This is called irony. He looks up at me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed. I understand it's hard," I say

"And I guess to make matters worse Annabeth has been so distant lately. Ever since Charleston. She's been studying her stupid map- ok I guess not stupid- but she's been studying it with Daedalus's laptop. When we I stop to see her she's so lost in thought we can't even have a conversation," Percy says.

"Perc, I'm so sorry," I say sitting on my bed next to him.

"It's ok. I guess it just one of the problems with dating an Athena kid. And I'm just worried about her. After he spider incident I'm worried, but I can't help her if she shuts me out," Percy says.

That remind me vaguely of something Travis would say to me. 'I can't help if you shut me out' or 'don't shut everyone out'

"Just wait for her. Sometimes that's all you can do. Don't push her to much. I speak from experience," I say.

"I guess," Percy mumbles.

"Just for the record you can talk to me about anything. I'm always here for you," I say to him.

"I know. Talking is just hard," he says.

"I guess I understand," I say putting my arm around him.