Not Your Type

I was walking with Percy and Annabeth. They had been telling me about how they're going to spend their senior year together in New York and college in new Rome afterwards.

Nico comes over to us. I see a determination in his eyes I have t seen in a long time.

Percy tells him about New Rome too. He's so excited.

"That's great. I'm staying here, at camp," Nico says.

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"I know what I said but... I'm needed here," Nico says.

"So," Nico says, "since we're going to be spending at least a year seeing each other at camp I think I should clear the air."

I try to walk away but Nico grabs my wrist. He looks at me like he needs me to stay.

"So fir a long time," Nico says, "so had a crush on you. I just wanted you to know."

Percy looks at Annabeth and then me. I look at the ground trying to contain my smile.

"You-" Percy stars.

"Yeah," Nico says, "Your a great person. But I'm over that. I'm happy for you guys."

"You... so you mean-"

"Right."

"Wait," Percy says, "so you mean-"

"Right," Nico says again, "but it's cool. We're cool. I mean, I see now... your cute but your not my type."

"I'm not you type? Wait so-"

"See you around Percy," Nico says, "Annabeth."
He gives her a high five, "And thanks Phoebe, for you know..."

He walks away with that. I smile broadly. I was proud of him.

"You knew he was..." Percy trails off.

"Yep and I didn't say anything!" I say proudly, "Just like I says I would."

"And um... about-"

"Yep," I say.

"And you didn't tell me!" Percy asks confused.

"Nope, because I didn't break my promise," I say.

Percy still looks confused. I smile and look at him.

"He told me while you guys were in Tartarus. I think he just needed to talk," I say.

"And I'm not his type?" Asks Percy even more confused.

"Not anymore," I say a little cocky.

Percy still looks confused. It felt good for him to finally know.