Finishing Them Off

Frank was a beast. He was literally glowing. Everything that was thrown at him was deflected.

I kept fighting monsters that charge at any of my friends. I see Frank cutting down Cyclopes like it was nothing.

The remaining monsters retreat but the legions cut them down first.

Frank gives more commands in Latin. Frank leads the legions across the bridge.

Nico keeps summoning legionaries. Jason, Piper, and I stay at Franks side. We all let out a battle cry or small encouragements ever once and a while.

Before I knew it Piper had cut down the last monster. The four of us look around surprised we had vanquished them all.

"Frank," Jason says, "Your on fire."

At first I though Jason was saying frank did good except when I look at Frank his pants that are literally on fire.

"Uh... you also have an arrow in your arm," Nico says.

I make Frank eat some ambrosia. As I bandage his wound, I say, "Frank, your were amazing. Terrifying, but amazing."

Nico held up his scepter, it's orb was dark and dormant, "The dead won't stay much longer now that the battle is over."

Frank faces his troops, "Legion! You fought well. Now you may rest. Dismissed."

The crumble into s pile of shields and.

"Hazel and Leo," Frank says, "We need to find them.

I peered across the chasm. At the other end, where Hazel and Leo had entered, was buried under tons of rubble.

"We can't go that way,"Nico says, "Maybe-"

Suddenly he staggers and his legs crumple out from h set him. I catch him to keep him from hitting the ground.

"Nico!" Piper says, "What is it?"

"The doors,"he says leaning on my shoulder, "So etchings happening. Percy and Annabeth..." he says. I grip his wrist a little harder. Whenever the child of the underworld senses your brother and one if your best friend you panic just slightly, "we need to go now," he says looking at me worried.

"But how?" Asks Jason, "The tunnel is gone."

"It won't be fun," Frank says, "but there's another way."