Of Course Its A Trap

"Guys?" Jason asks, "Do you know this individual?"

I shake my head, "You don't  look like our mom so I'm gonna guess your on the godly side. Your a daughter of Poseidon miss.... Uh?"

She wails like a dying whale, "Why would I assume my own sibling would recognize me? I am Kympoleia!"

"So...." Percy says, "We're going to call you kym. And you'd be a hmmm, nereid then? Minor goddess?"

"Minor?" She exclaims.

"By which," Jason says, " he means under the drinking age. Because obviously you're so young and beautiful."

It was a good save. The goddess turns her full attention to Jason.

"Jason Grace," she says, "Son of Jupiter."

"Yeah, I'm a friend of theirs," Jason says pointing to Percy and I.

Kym's eyes narrow, "so it's true... these times make for strange friends. The Roman's never worshiped me. To them I was a nameless fear. A sign of Neptune's wrath. They never worshipped me, the goddess of violent sea storms."

"Uh yeah. The Roman's weren't big on navies. They had like one life boat. Which I sank," says Percy. You wouldn't think a child of Poseidon would sink a ship but I guess I was wrong, "Speaking of violent storm your doing a first rate job upstairs."

"Thank you," says Kym.

"The thing is our ship is up there and it kind of being ripped apart. I'm sure you didn't mean to-"

"Oh yes, I did."

"You did," Percy grimaces, "well... that sucks. I don't suppose you'll stop if we asks politely?"

"No," says the goddess, " even now the ship is close to sinking. I'm surprised it's held this long. Excellent workmanship."

"So..." says Jason, "what could we do to make you let our ship go?"

Kym gives him a creepy alien smile, "son of Jupiter, do you know where you are?"

"You mean these ruins? An ancient place?" He guesses.

"Indeed," says Kym, "The original palace of my father."

Percy snaps his fingers, "That's it. Dads new crib in the Atlantic is kind of like this."

"That's what it is," I agree.

Jason gives us a look like: do you really want to talk about this right now?

"I wouldn't know," says Kym, "I am never invited. I can only wander the ruins of their old domains. They find my presence disruptive."

"Disruptive?" I say, "you?"

"My father does not welcome me in his court," Kym says, "he restricts my powers. This storm above? Haven't had this much fun in ages. This is only a small taste of what I can do."

"Anyways," says Percy, "back to Jason's question about changing your mind-"

"My father even married off!" Kym yells, "without my permission. He gave me away to the a hundred handed one, the Briares. Without my consent!"

"We know the briares!" Says Percy looking at me, "he's our friend. We broke him out of Alcatraz."

"Yes I know," says Kym coldly, " I hate my husband. I was not at all pleased to have him back."

"Is briares around?" I ask.

Kym laughs like a dolphin, "he's off at Mount Olympus. Shoring yo the gods defense. Not that it will matter. My point, dear sister, is that Poseidon never treated me fairly. I like to come here, to his old palace, because it pleases me to see his work in ruins. Someday soon, his new palace will look like this one."

I look at the boys, "and this is the part where she tells us she's working for Gaea."

"Yeah," Jason agrees, "And the earth mother promised her a better deal once the gods are destroyed. Blah blah blah."

"You understand Gaea won't keep her promises right?" Says Percy, "She's using you like she's using the giants."

"I'm touched by your concern," says the goddess, "but the Olympian gods never use me!"

Percy spreads his hands, "at least the olympians are trying! After the last Titan war they started paying more attention to the other gods. At lot even have cabins at camp half blood too. Hecate, hades, hebe, Hypnos.... Uh more that don't start with H. We give them offering, cool banners, special recognition at the end of the year summer program-"

"And have I gotten any such offer?" Asks Kym.

"Well no.." says Percy, "we didn't really know you existed. But-"

"Save your words brother!" She yells, "I've heard so much about the great Jackson's. The giants are quite obsessed with capturing you. I must say... I don't see what all the fuss is about."

"Thanks," I say waving.

"I have to warn you," Percy says, "I've faced a lot worse things lately. So you can try and kill me.  Also you laugh like dolphin."

"Oh I won't kill you," says Kym, "My part of the bargain was simply to get your attention. Someone else is here who very much wants to kill you."

Above us a figure appears. A figure taller than Kym.

"The children of Neptune!" Booms a deep voice.

Percy's face goes slack. I hadn't met Polybotes yet but Percy has had his fair share if encounters.

"Polybotes," says Jason, "the anti Poseidon"

"Indeed son of Rome," says Polybotes, "but if you'll excuse me my immediate business is with Perseus and Phoebe Jackson. I've yet to meet the girl but I tracked the boy all the way across Tartarus . Now, here in their fathers ruins, I mean to crush them once in for all."