Sword of Hades: 8

We got an express ride back to the palace of Hades. Nico sent word ahead and within three furies had come to give us a ride.

They weren't thrilled to have to lug Bob the Titan too but Percy insisted he come. I guess after he healed Percy's shoulder he must have felt bad if he left him.

Anyways, we arrived at the palace of hades. Hades was sitting on his throne and stroking his beard. Persephone sat next to him just saying a word while Nico recounted our adventure.

Before we gave back the sword Percy made him take the oath not to use it against the gods. Hades eyes flared at Percy and through his clenched teeth he agreed.

Nico laid the sword at hades feet and bowed waiting for a reaction.

Hades looked at his wife, "You defied my direct orders."

I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about. Hades turns back to Nico. His gaze softens from steel to rock.

"You speak of this to no one," hades says.

"Yes lord," Nico says.

I don't think I've ever been so thankful for my dad. At least we don't have to call him lord. We get the pleasure of dad. Honestly Percy and my dad would probably be confused if we ever called him lord.

Hades glares at the rest of us, "and if your friends don't hold their tongues I will cut them off."

"Your welcome," I say.

Hades stared at his sword. His eyes were full of anger and what I think was hunger. There were ways around oaths and I was certain he was thinking of one.

He send the blade back to the forges with furies.

"You are wise my lord," says Persephone.

"If I were wise," Hades growls, "I would lock you in your chamber. If you ever disobey me again-"

He lets the threat hang in the air. He snaps his fingers and vanishes out if the room.

Persephone looks even paler than usual, "You have dove well demigods," she waved her hand and a rise appears at each of our feet, "crush these and you will go back to the world of the living. You have my lords thanks."

"I could tell," Thalia mutters.

"Making the sword was your idea," my brother says, "That's why hades wasn't there when you gave us the mission. Hades didn't know it was missing. He didn't even know it existed!"

"Nonsense," the goddess replies.

"Percy right. You wanted Hades to make a sword. He says no. He knew it was to dangerous and that the other gods would never trust him. It would undo the power balance," Nico says.

"Then it got stolen," says Thalia.

"You shut down the underworld. You couldn't tell him what happened," I says, "and you needed us to get it back before hades found out. You used us!"

Persephone moistened her lips, "The important thing is that hades has now accepted the sword. He will have as much power as Zeus or Poseidon. Our realm will be protected."

"And we're responsible," Percy says miserably.

"You've been very helpful," Persephone says, "Perhaps a reward for your silence-"

"Get lost," I say. The group looks at me like they didn't expect me from this group to have outburst. It's a much more Thalia or Percy thing to do, "before I carry you down to the river Lethe and throw you in! Bob will help me. Won't you Bob?"

"Bob will help you!" He says happily.

The group is still looking at me in shock. Persephone's eyes widen, and she disappears in a shower of daisies.

"And what was that new found confidence?" Asks Percy snuggly.

"I don't know," I say with a shrug.

Nico, Thalia, Percy, and I say our goodbyes. Bob sat on the ground building a toy house of bones.

"I'll watch him. He's harmless now. Maybe I can retrain him to do something good," says Nico.

"Are you sure you want to stay?" I ask, "Persephone will make your life a nightmare."

"One my life already is a nightmare and two I have to. I have to stay close to my dad. Plus he needs a better adviser," Nico says.

"Well, if you need anything-" I start.

"I'll call " he promised. He shakes had with all of us. He turns to my brother, "and Percy, don't forget my offer."

"I'm still thinking about it," Percy says.

I turn to him after Nico leaves.

"What offer?" I say concerned.

"Something he told me last summer," Percy says, "a possible way to fight Kronos. It's dangerous. And I've had enough danger for one day."

Thalia nods, "in that case, you guys up for dinner?"

I couldn't help but smile, "after all that your hungry?"

"Your not?" Says Percy, "after all the water you messed with today I'm surprised you haven't passed out yet. Normally just a little water work makes you drowsy."

"Don't think about it," I say, "anyhow back to dinner."

"I was think cheeseburger at McHale's," says Thalia.

Together we crush the rose that will bring us back to the mortal world.