The Fleece

"She needs a doctor fast!" Says Grover.

"How? We're in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle," says Percy.

"The fleece!" I say.

Travis puts his arm around my shoulders. We look grimly at Annabeth lying on the ground.

"Tyson hurry! Give me the fleece," says Percy.

Tyson rushes to the tree it was hanging on laying it in her forehead.

"Come on. Please," Percy mumbles.

A few seconds later Annabeth's eyes shoot open.

"What- what happened?" Annabeth asks.

She looks around distraught. We all just look at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that seaweed brain?" She asks again.

"I'm just glad your not dead. How do you feel? Can you move?" Asks my brother.

I hear a growl coming from behind me.

"Watch me," says Annabeth.

"Tyson, which way to the fish ponies?" Percy asks.

"Follow me," says Tyson.

We rush down to the water but the hippocampi are gone. I let out a long whistle drawing them back to us. They come rushing in at my call.

We all mount them and rush away from the island before Polyphemus can grab us.

My hippocampi are leading the rest. We reach mainland on Miami Florida.

"June 18th! We've been gone from camp for ten days," says Annabeth.

"Thalia's tree must be almost dead by now!" I say.

"We need to get the fleece back by tonight," says Grover.

"Yeah right. We're hundreds of miles away, and we don't have a ride," says Travis.

"This is just like the oracle said," says Clarisse.

"What exactly did the oracle say?" Asks my brother.

"You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone, you shall find what you seek and make it your own but despair for your life entombed within stone, and fall without friends, to fly home alone," says Clarisse.

"Ouch," says Travis.

"No wait... I think I've got it. Everybody pool their cash together," says Percy.

All of our hands come up empty.

"No cash. All I have is this green paper," says Tyson holding out a pile of money.

"Did you rob a bank when we weren't looking?" I ask.

"It was in my yellow duffle bag. I thought it was a treat for rainbow," says Tyson.

"Clarisse take the money and the fleece. Your going to the airport," says Percy.

He's trusting one of the people he hates the list with something this important.

"You'd let me-?" She asks.

"Yah you'd let her?" I ask.

"It's your quest, and we only have enough money for one flight. That's what the oracles prophecy meant: you had to have our help to get the fleece but you had to fly it back to camp alone," says Percy.

"You can count on me. I won't fail," she says.

She takes the fleece and runs away to get back to camp.

"Not failing would be good," says Percy.

"You realize your leaving the lives of everyone at camp in the hands of Clarisse," I say.

"How would you feel if a bunch of heroes butted into your quest and showed you off. She deserves a chance. Come on, let's find another way-" my brother is cut off.

We turn around to see Luke and two of his guards.

"Hey cuz. Welcome back to the states. Travis," says Luke nodding his head at Travis.

I can't believe Luke is still trying to play Travis into joining his side. Although this is different than last time, instead of Travis looking away he looks straight at Luke with pure anger.

His guards pull us aboard his ship.

"Welcome aboard twerps. The fleece? Where is it?" Asks Luke.

"You've been toying with us all along. You let us escape last time so we'd do all the hard work and get the fleece for you," Percy yells.

"I'm not all bad, Percy. I was going to let you have the fleece once I was done with it," says Luke.

"Done healing Kronos you mean? Too bad we already sent the fleece back to camp. Looks like you messed up. How's you boss gonna like that?" Says Percy.

Does he understand we're in Luke's costing right now and he might kill him?

"So, you sent Clarisse ahead with the fleece. I didn't expect that. It's true, the fleeces magic would speed up Kronos's healing by a tenfold. But make no mistake, he is returning. You haven't stopped it, just slowed it down," says Luke, "and now you've given me an excuse to kill you. You're an unreliable weapon, Percy, and you need to be replaced."

When Luke says that he turns in my direction.

"With your brother out of the way you will become the oldest. Join me. We can rebuild the world," he says to me.

"Never," I growl.

"Fine, you might as well die with your brother," Luke says.

The guards show me next to my twin.

"It's time I formally introduce backbiter. Half celestial bronze and half steel, the blade works on mortals and immortals. Since your a little of both, that means it'll kill you twice," says Luke

"You and me Luke, one on one. Leave my sister out of it," says Percy.

"You read my mind. I'll kill you then kill her then chase down Clarisse," he says.

My brother gets our riptide getting in his stance.

"What no shield?" Says Luke.

He takes a slice at Percy.

"You really should've come more prepared," says Luke.

My brother takes lunges at him but likes uses his shield pushing Percy to the ground.

"My, Percy. Your out of practice," says Luke.

Percy gets back up taking more lunges at Luke. Luke's blocks a lunge and then stabs Percy in the leg make him fall on the ground and his sword tumbled across the deck.

"Percy," I yell with a small tear.

I pull out Tidal Wave and take a lunge at Luke. He blocks it and I slide back about a foot. I run at him again clinking my sword against him. He takes a stab at me but I duck it cutting him in the hand.

He pulls his hand back before getting back in stance. He charges at me hitting me in the side. I fall on the ground watching my blood flow onto the ground.

"Nooooo!" Yells Travis.

He tries to run to me but the guards stop him. Luke gives him a devilish smile.

I take deep breaths trying to calm myself down. The blood keeps coming and my head starts to get dizzy. My eye lids droop a little before I find myself unconscious.