Tricked

"Silence or I'll make your next utterance a plea for mercy," says the man that had my brother.

We were saving two new demigods from a military academy and my brother decided charge ahead without us.

Annabeth puts on her ball cap turning invisible. She rushes in pushing the three out of the way. I run in with grover and Thalia.

"For Zeus!" Yells Thalia.

She runs in stabbing the man in his arm. Grover starts playing his own flute while I pull out tidal waves  slicing him in the shin.

He shifts into his true form. He grows his lion limbs and scorpion tail.

"What is that?" Asks Percy.

"A manticore," says Annabeth.

"A manticore?" Says one of the kids we were suppose to retrieve, "those have three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws.

A thud comes from his direction as Grover and Thalia fly back hitting the ground.

"It's pointless to fight little heroes. Yield!" The manticore yells.

A few arrows come flying in hitting the manticore in the shoulder.

"No it can not be.. this is not fair. The ancient laws forbid it!" Yells the manticore.

I look to where the arrow was suppose to come from. I see a group of girls standing in a line with their bows.

"Not so. The hunting of wild beasts is within my sphere. And you foul creature, are a wild beast," says the woman.

"The godlings are mine!" Yells the manticore.

Another volley of arrows shoot at him. I move next to Annabeth at its left flank.

"Very well. If I cannot have the godlings alive, I shall have them dead," he says.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" I say look at Annabeth.

We both grab his at. And she climbs up onto its neck holding her knife ready to kill it. I clutch onto its arm stabbing it in the side. He begins to tip over the but Annabeth's and I hang on.

"Curse you!" The manticore yells as we keep falling.

A second later I feel a shift and I find myself alone with Annabeth in a large cave. We see a large light and Luke struggling to hold something up.

"Luke?" Asks Annabeth.

"Annabeth? They left me here. It killing me..." he says strainingly.

"I'll help you!" Annabeth yells running to him.

"Annabeth no!" Yell but it was too late.

She takes the weight and I rush to help her hold it. Luke stays lying on the ground.

"I knew I could count on you," says Luke.

I let out a small grunt. Annabeth follows with a groan. Luke gets up and begins to walk away. I wanted to chase him but I was t going to leave Annabeth to hold this alone.

"Don't worry. Help us on the way. It's all part of the plan," Luke says.

"No don't go!" I yell.

"Help us!" Yells Annabeth.

This book is going to seem short since Phoebe is here instead of on the quest and it's just a lot of holding up the sky. I will not be joining the hunter of Artemis. Thx for reading.