Metting the Twins

We walk through the tunnel. Percy leans over to me.

"This is gonna sound crazy, but I'm getting tired of water," he says.

"Sane," I mumble.

We get to a small drainage pipe. Percy takes the lead and I follow. Piper and Jason are behind us.

After about thirty feet of crawling it opens into a wider tunnel. We crawled for a few moment long before coming to a turn. Percy signaled for us to stay while he checked it out.

He backs up.

"What is it?" I whisper.

Percy looks confused and like he doesn't know how to answer. He gestured for us to take a look for ourselves.

It was a vast room. Water flowed through open trenches. Other machines were connected to huge hampered wheel with hell hounds in them. Suspended from the ceiling were cages with live animals.

"What the heck?" Jason asks.

We all step in. I look around the room. It was hard to stop in one thing since their were so many things, but one good aspect of being an ADHD demigod was chaos was good.

A little ways away was two praetor chair with a bronze jar in between.

"Look," I say pointing at it.

Piper frowned, "that's to easy."

"Of course, but what choice do we have?" I say.

"Yeah," Percy says.

Percy starts his way across the room moving around conveyer belts and moving platforms. We followed him closely. This all reminded me of the labyrinth. A time I think was better to forget.

We continue moving until we'd made it about halfway to the bronze jar. The ceiling opens above us and a platform lowers. Standing on it like an actor was Ephialtes.

He was wearing a vulgar Hawaiian shirt. The giants hair was braided and he had a ten foot spear on its back. He wore bright white jeans and sandals on his... not feet. Snakes. He kind of looked like a giant knockoff of my dad.

He smiles at us, like he's really pleased we're here.

"At last!" He belowdecks, "So very happy! Honestly I didn't think you'd make it past the nymphs, but it much better you did. Much more entertaining. You're just in time for the main event!"

We all scoot in next to each other closing ranks.

"We're here! Now let out friend go!" Percy yells.

"Of course. Although I fear he very past his expiration date," Ephialtes says, "Otis where are you?"

The floor opened to reveal the other giant.

"Otis, finally!" The giants says with glee, "you're not dressed the same as me! You're... what are you wearing?"

Otis looked like the worlds grumpiest ballet dancer. He wire a skin tight baby blue leotard. The toes of his shoes were cut away to reveal the snakes. He had a diamond tiara that did complement his facial features.

"Gods and titans!" Ephialtes gasps, "it show time! What are you thinking?"

The two giants bicker for a moment. Otis even suggest putting us in costumes.

"Please excuse my brother. His stage presence is awe full. He had no sense of style," Ephialtes says.

"Ok," Percy says,"now about our friend..."

"Oh him," Ephialtes sneeres, " He's spent days curled up on there sleeping. What sort of spectacle is that? Otis tip the jar."

Otis walks over to the jar spilling out Nico. He very pale. I couldn't tell if he was dead or alive. I tried to run to him but Percy grabs my wrist. He looks at me. I know I couldn't get past the giants if I tried. My head feel light again but I need to stay strong.

I must have zoned out for a while worrying because when I realize people were talking I had no idea what about.

I see nico shutter under Otis's feet. At least I know he's alive. My brother gave me another: don't think about going over there right now looks.

"So stage directs?" Percy says.

I was so lost right now.

"Yes." Ephialtes says, "Now, I know the bounty stipulates that you and the girl Annabeth should kept alive," he says looking at Percy, "but honestly the girl is already doomed, so I hope you don't mind if we deviate from that plan."

"Already doomed. You don't mean she's-" Percy starts.

"Dead?" The giant asked, "no. Not yet. But don't worry. We've got your other friends locked up, you see."

I made a small strangling noise, "Leo, Hazel, and Frank?"

"Those are the ones. So we can use them for sacrifice. We can let the Athena girl die, which would please her ladyship. And we can use you four for the show. Gaea will be a little disappointed, but really, this is a win-win. Your deaths will be much more entertaining," Ephialtes says.

Ima do a time skip here. The next chapter will have skipped over escaping the giants. If you don't remember how it goes to sum up: the giants have wonder bread. Piper try's to charmspeak the giants into letting them go. Nico tries ti crawl away. And they end up charging at the giants and hoping for the best. I'll pick up around there next next chapter.