They're back

Annabeth came in desperate to cheer Hazel and I up. I didn't leave but I didn't really want to talk. She was talking about some stupid things Percy's done. Although I knew a lot of them.

Frank stumbles down the hall and bust into Hazel's cabin.

"Where's Leo?" He grasps, "Take off! Take off!"

We all shoot to our feet.

"Where's Percy?" Annabeth demands, "and the goat?"

Frank breathes hard, "one deck. They're fine. We're being followed!"

Annabeth pushes frank out of the way and rushes up the stairs. Hazel and I rush up after her.

I get up the stairs and I see Percy. He was covered in nicks and scratch but he looked happy as could be.

Leo, Piper, and Jason came running up the stairs. After talking to Hazel we both decided as long as we saved Nico it's what mattered. Hazel is a good influence on me I guess.

"Followed Frank yelled.

"Followed by what?" Jason asks.

"I don't know! Whales? Sea monsters? Maybe Kate and Porky!" Frank tells.

"That makes absolutely no sense. Leo you just better get us out of here," Annabeth says.

Frank, Percy, and Coach hedge didn't seem to recover until we were above the clouds.

"Charleston," Percy says. He still looked pretty shaken up, "Set course for Charleston."

"Charleston? What exactly did you guys find in Atlanta?" I ask.

Percy looks at me. I guess he was surprised I was talking to him after I blew up earlier.

"Some peach preserves. A couple of t-shirts. A snow globe. And um, these not really Chinese handcuffs," franks say going through his backpack.

"How about a story and not what's in the backpack," annabeth says.

Percy and Frank took turns telling the story while coach added in some comments. Percy explained about the trapped sea creatures in the aquarium. He looked me in the eyes the whole time. I gave him a pleading I'm sorry look. Partially fir the sea creature and partially for blowing up on him earlier.

"That's terrible. We need to help them," I say.

"We will. In time. But I- I mean we," Percy says looking at me, "just need to figure out how. I wish.... Never mind. First we have to deal with this bounty on our head."

We continue to talk for a while just trying to figure out a plan.

"I-I'm close to an answer," Annabeth says, "I'll no more if we find this map. Jason, the way you reacted to the name Charleston. Have you been there before?"

"Yeah. Reyna and I did a quest there about a year ago. We salvaged some imperial gold weapons from the C.S.S Hunley," Jason says.

Leo talks about how cool that ship is and all the building techniques and stuff.

"It was designed by Roman demigods. It held a secret stash of Imperial Gold torpedoes. Until we rescued them back to camp Jupiter," Jason says.

Hazel crossed her arms, "So the Romans fought on the confederate side? Can I just say not cool."

"I personally wasn't alive then. And it wasn't all Greeks on one side and Roman's on another. But yes. Not cool. Sometimes demigods make bad choices," Jason says looking at Hazel and me, "like sometimes we're to suspicious. And we speak without thinking."

I didn't really need an apology but I was happy Hazel got one. Jason elbows Leo.

"Ow! I mean yeah... bad choices. Like not trust people my friends care about and need saving. Hypothetically speaking," Leo says.

I look to hazel. She could decide to accept or not.

"Fine. Let's get back to Charleston," hazel says.

In the end we settled on two groups going. Hazel, Annabeth and Piper were going to battery park while Jason, Frank, and Leo were going to a museum. It was weird that it lined us so Percy and I had to stay on the boat alone. I don't think it was planned but I didn't like it.

After a little talking and running from the Romans we finally could breath.

"Sorry you aren't coming with us but you know. No more than three," Piper tells me.

"It's ok. I guess I need to talk with Percy at some point," I say.

"Yah, that was some outburst," Piper says.

I nod. I feel kind of embarrassed about the yelling. It would have been better if I talked to Percy alone first but I also defended Nico so I guess it was ok.