Fatal Flaw

I'm standing with my brother when our father walks up to us.

"You won't let me down, I hope?" He says to us.

"Thanks for sticking up for us dad. We won't let you down we promise," I say.

"Luke once promised his father that. He was Hermes pride and joy. Just bear that in mind. Even the bravest can fall," says Father.

"Luke fell pretty hard, alright. Right off the top of mount othrys. He's dead," says Percy.

"No, he is not. Luke sail with his ship from San Francisco even now. He will retreat and regroup before assaulting you again. I don't know how he survived, but he is more dangerous than ever. And the golden coffin is still with him, Kronos is still gaining strength," says Poseidon, "you did well my children, but your role in this is not yet resolved. Prepare yourselves. Continue your training, and I know you'll make me proud."

My father walks away and I stand alone with my brother for a minute. I decide to wander off and explore.

"Phoebe may I have a word?" Asks Hermes.

"Um, sure," I say.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on not dying. Conner and Travis wouldn't have been happy with me. Especially Travis," he says.

What the Hades is this conversation.

"Yah, I would hope they wouldn't have liked me dying," I say.

"Your father took a great gamble on you and your brother. Kronos knows how to study his enemy. He knows your fatal flaw when you don't," Hermes says.

"Do you know my fatal flaw?" I ask.

"Personal loyalty. You wouldn't leave someone's side even if it puts you in danger. And I know you won't want to hear this but you and your brother do seems to share a fatal flaw. But don't get me wrong you have qualities Percy would only wish to have. You aren't just like your brother. Keep that in mind," says Hermes right before walking away.

I look around and see my brother dancing with Annabeth. They are so going to date.