Killer x Mermaid Nightmare - The River

(Nightmare is in his passive form by the way.)

Fluff

Killer POV:

I stormed out of the house. Dust had gotten drunk again and was being a jerk! I walked out into the forest our village was in. I kicked small rocks, stabbed a tree, and threw a branch at another tree. I was upset. I kicked a log. I regretted it as pain stung through my foot. I sat down and held my foot. I focused on the sounds of the forest around me. There were bird tweeting, leaves swaying, and the sound of the river rushing. I took a few deep breaths and waited for the pain to fade. It eventually did. Then I started wandering farther into the forest, trying to calm all the way down. Dust had a stupid drinking problem. Horror always had to fix things between us. At least it only happened around once a month. I eventually stopped walking. I looked around. I took a deep breath. The forest was quiet and calm. I was snapped back to reality when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Horror texted me.

H - Hey Kills? I managed to get Dust to take a nap. Think you could come back?

K - Only if he apologizes.

H - I'll make sure he will. Just come back. It worries me when you leave like that.

K - Sorry Horror. I'll come back. :)

H - :)

I smiled. We were like a little family. Dust usually apologized even without Horror's influence. He just needed to stop drinking. That was his main issue right now. He's getting better though. I looked back around and realized I had no idea where I was. I heard the river rushing nearby. I began walking towards it. The river led far away out to the ocean. It came from there and led into our weird forest town. I arrived by the water. I saw a splash. I assumed it was a fish. I saw a rock that was in the riverbank. I walked over to it sat down. I texted Horror that I was lost by the river. I didn't know which way led to home. Horror said he'd come get me. I started playing games on my phone. The river rushed behind me, making a calming sound.

I hadn't been waiting for very long. I was focused on my game. Suddenly water was splashed all over my phone. I jumped up and wiped it off. Then I shoved it in my pocket. I looked at the river. This was a very wide river. It was easily much deeper than I was tall. Whatever splashed my phone was gone. Maybe it was just an annoying fish. I yawned and sat back on the rock. I was waiting peacefully when something splashed my back. I whipped around and nothing was there.

"Whatever splashed me, come out!" I shouted. "Face me like a warrior!" Nothing happened.

I glared at my blurry reflection, squeezed my eye sockets shut, and shoved my face into the water. I slowly opened my eye sockets. I saw two little lights staring back at me. They looked like eye lights. My eye sockets widened and I gasped, sending bubbles everywhere. When they faded, the lights were gone. Did I imagine it? No...maybe?

Suddenly, something grabbed my fluffy hood and yanked me out of the water. I looked around and saw Horror. He looked very confused.

"What the hell was so interesting in the water?" He asked.

"Something. I saw eye lights!" Horror had a disapproving look. "I'm telling the truth!"

"Are you sure you didn't drink too?" He asked.

"I didn't!" I retorted.

Horror didn't care and began dragging me home by the hood. I complained the whole way. Why didn't he believe me?

??? POV:

I watched them leave. I followed them as far as I could. Oil Tears kept trying to convince Broken Skull of something. I couldn't hear much. I blinked. I liked Oil Tears. I smiled.