Cream - Happy Pride Month!

Requested by @Ink_My_Beloved

Also, happy pride month to all of you!

Dream POV:

I sat on the couch, watching cartoons. It was the start of June, and I haven't seen Cross much today. I wonder where he went...

"DREAMMMM!" I turned and saw Cross jump over the back of the couch and land beside me. He seemed really excited.

"Hi Cross?" I said, quite confused.

"Happy Pride Month! I love you!" He hugged me as he said that. I returned the hug but...

"What's Pride Month, Crossy?" I asked. He pulled away and gave me a confused look.

"You don't know??" Cross seemed confused. I shook my head. "It's a month where anyone in the lgbtq+ community can be themselves! Like me, you, Nightmare, Ink, Blue, all of us! I can't believe you don't know!"

"Does my brother know?" I asked.

"I think so. Anyway, since you don't know, we need to celebrate together!" Cross stood up happily and clapped a little. He seemed very excited about this. "Why didn't you know?"

"I guess it's just not something we did in Dreamtale." I said with a shrug.

"Oh."

"What do you normally do?" I asked.

"Uhmmm...I don't do that much. I usually put up a flag in the front yard and maybe go to a couple parades..." Cross twiddled his thumbs nervously. "Want to come?"

"Of course!" I said. I stood up beside him.

Cross squeaked happily and ran upstairs. I waited for a couple minutes before he returned with a bi flag.

"Oh! You're bi!" I said.

"What did you think I was?" Cross asked with a laugh.

"Idk...I just assumed you were gay as well-" I said, getting flustered.

"It's all good! Now let's go put this outside!" Cross put the flag over his shoulders as a cape and ran out.

I think I'm gonna like this month.

...

I did.

Cross was super excited in telling me everything and it made it all the more better. He wanted to make me as comfortable with this as he could.

He taught me how he does things and let me do a few things of my own. I love him so much.

At then end of one of the parades, it was nighttime now. I was getting sleepy, so I rested my head on Cross's shoulder. He chuckled and offered to carry me. I accepted and Cross picked me up bridal style, much to my delight. I heard someone go 'Aww' as Cross walked us out and smiled internally. I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep quickly. He's fluffy. I love him.

Cross POV:

I smiled at Dream as I walked out. He was so beautiful. I'm glad I got to share this with him. I kissed his forehead as we left and kept walking back to our house.

'Happy Pride Month, Dream.'

———————————————————————

476 words

I'm sorry it's so short. I didn't really know what to do- but still. Happy pride month to all of you! Have a good month!