Fluffynight - Sad Be Gone

Requested by @Ink_My_Beloved

Also, I apologize for any incorrect details about/actions of depression.

Ccino POV:

I whistled as I made drinks for people in the morning. It's...repetitive. And that bores me. I don't get that many new customers. I finished the drink and turned to hand it to the customer. They were the last one in line for now. I sighed as they walked to a table. It's the same schedule day after day. Nothing new. The only thing that's kind of keeping me going is Night. He always has some interesting story about his friends or his brother.

Just as I was thinking about him, the small skeleton himself walked in. I smiled slightly and waited for him to come up.

"Hello, Night." I greeted.

"Hi..."

We talked as I made his coffee. I gave it to him and he left to a table with a little thank you. That was unusual. Night's usually more...happy. He's not the most happy person, that I know, but today...he just seemed really sad. I looked at him over at the table he'd gone to. The one in the farthest, darkest, lonely little corner of my cafe. My cats barely even go back there. He usually sits a bit closer to me. He opened his book and just began reading.

Maybe it's just today.

...

It was not just that day. It's making me more upset too, not from his aura, just that he's not doing well. But I think I know what's wrong. He used to come in everyday, which now slowed to once a week. I've also noticed his attitude go from quietly optimistic to snappy pessimist. I...I think he's falling into depression.

I would know. I already have. I sighed once more. I won't let him get to where I am. He doesn't deserve that.

I walked over to him in his corner and pulled a chair to the small table.

"Hey Night?" I asked

"Hmm?" Not even a hello.

"You doing okay?" He nodded but didn't look up from his book. "Are you sure, Night? I'm worried about you." He just nodded again, not even trying to look at me. "Can you look at me?" Night quickly glanced at me and went back to his book. "Night..."

"It's not important...I'm fine." He finally muttered.

"Night anything that upsets you is important."

"It's fine, Ccino." He said sternly.

"Did I do something? Why're you over here?" That was one of my worst fears. Night's my only good friend. I don't want to upset him.

"No." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well you can tell me anything, Night. I'm always here for you. And your friends are too."

"I'm okay, Ccino."

I could tell Night tensed up so I knew to back off. But I still wasn't satisfied.

"Wanna hang out tomorrow after I close?" I asked.

"I don't know..."

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

"No."

"Fine then."

I hugged Night, which he didn't accept nor deny. He just...sat there. I just wanted to hold him.

...

I closed the cafe the next day and was quite sad. I want to go check on Night. He didn't come in today, which wasn't unusual, but I was getting worried. I decided to text Night that I was coming over.