DS Errorink - I Care for You

Requested by @Amirkhanamira123

Error POV:

I ran behind Night and Cross. We'd almost gotten caught by the Justice Reigns. Night wanted to find something that could help him stop Dream from killing him. We found nothing and almost ran smack into Blue, who was wandering the halls at 2 am. And guess who was the one who got seen? Me! Night and Cross are probably mad at me now.
Night burst the door to our house open. We all walked in and stood there for a moment.

"Alright, note to self, Blue wanders through halls at 2 am." Night said, flopping onto the couch.

"I'm sorry." I said, Cross and Night both looked at me.

"What're you sorry for?"

"Getting us caught. Blue saw me." I twiddled my thumbs nervously.

"It's all good." Cross said. "We all make mistakes sometimes." He smiled at me. I gave him a small one back.

"Heck, my brother's trying to murder me. Blame me for suggesting we go there." Night said. "I think I have brain damage."

"You've got more than that." Cross replied.

"Hey!"

I laughed as they bickered. They got along so well. I was just an extra. I walked off to my room as they kept play-fighting. I fell onto my bed. Maybe I should go for a walk. Cross and Night said it was okay, but it didn't feel okay. Maybe that will help me feel better.

I opened my window and jumped out. I walked away into the trees and lost track of things. The nature was nice and I started feeling better about what happened. I sighed and looked up at the trees. At least they don't judge-
Ow? I felt something hit me in the back of the head. I turned and got tackled down by something.

"Just stay still. It'll make all of this easier." I knew that voice. It was Ink. I started squirming and trying to get out. "I said stop!" He flipped me over onto my back and put a knife to to my neck. "Oh how I'd love to do this now." I noticed his voice was shaking.

"Would you though?" I asked, noticing his voice. Ink glared at me and doubled down.

"Yes! I really would." Ink pressed the knife to my neck more. I whimpered. He grumbled and got off of me and pulled my up. He held the back of my jacket and kept the knife pointed at me. "Now we're going straight back to the palace and giving you to Dream."

"You know he doesn't care for you right?" Ink looked at me.

"Yes he does. Why else would I be his right hand man?"

"To get you to trust him? He cares for others emotions. Why would he care for you? You can't give him any."

Ink stopped dead in his tracks. I think I may have accidentally struck a nerve. He threw me onto the ground.

"Don't ever talk to me again." Was all he said before running off.

"Oh wait! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to strike a nerve." I got back up quickly and tried to find the mercenary.

I stepped through the bushes where he went. It wasn't that hard to find since he wasn't careful going through them. I found him sitting on a log.

"Hey," As soon as I began, Ink turned to me and glared.

"What did I say less then 10 minutes ago?" He asked.

"I'm sorry. What I said was really rude." I walked up to him, he still had his knife in hand  and looked ready to strike. I ignored it and sat in the opposite side of the log.

"It's fine. It's probably true anyway. Just keeps me around to kill." Ink sighed. "I'm sorry too." I turned to him. "You seem to actually be cared for."

"Maybe. But sometimes I feel like I'm not. Night and Cross always try to make me feel better." Ink chuckled sadly.

"Yeah. Dream never did that. Nor Blue. Nor...anyone."

I scooted closer to Ink until I was right beside him.

"Then let me be the first." I hugged him, which startled him. "I care about you."

"Even though I just tried to get you turned in?"

"Yep." Ink laughed.

I leaned on Ink's shoulder. He didn't stop it. We just sat there in a blissful silence for...I don't really know. Minutes, hours, not long enough. It ended when we heard Night's voice screeching through the woods. Ink had to go. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and left. Now I had someone new to care for. One that wasn't a total idiot sometimes.

As I left I saw Ink smile. That was the first time I've ever seen his smile.

It was adorable.

————————————————————————

800 words