Dream and Night - Memories

Requested be Rorochan_2004o

We made it to part 100! :)

Dream POV:

I yawned as I woke up. I rolled over and looked at my clock. I sighed, remembering what day it was.

The anniversary of losing my brother and being turned to stone.

I buried my face in my pillow, knowing I'm gonna have to get up. I have something important to do today. I slowly got up and changed.

I both love and hate today. Blue and Ink both know what today is and they leave me alone. I prefer not to talk to anyone today. I ate a protein bar for a quick breakfast and left for the day.

Where to? Dreamtale.

I arrived in the ruins of the village. I wasn't here to reminisce on that though. I walked through the ruins and towards where the tree once stood.

The stump was the only thing left. The upper trunk of the tree having long since rotted away as the years went by. I sighed as I arrived. The sun was still shining down as though this world is fine. I walked around the stump and sat on the far side, looking away from the ruins of the village and into the forest that stretched for miles beyond the former tree of feelings.

But I also wasn't here to reminisce about my mother.

"I'm here." I said quietly, not looking at the stump. One little spirit inhabited the stump.

"Do you need me to apologize again?" I asked.

The lack of presence confirmed it.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more observant back then. I miss you." I turned around, now sitting criss-cross on the stump. "Sure you don't want to see me? I only come once a year."

Then he poked his head out of the stump.

"There you are, brother." I said.

Night pulled himself all the way out and sat in front of me. I sighed looking at him. He looked so small now. Part of his right eye socket was gone along with a bit of his skull. He was also constantly crying. He can't talk, but he can wail. When I first came to visit that's all I could hear. Today though, he doesn't. He just silently cries. So I try to cheer him up.

"Did you miss me too?" He nodded. I smiled. "Remember before the villagers came? And we'd just ran through the forest trying to see who could find the prettiest flower?" Night nodded again. I placed a hand in front of me. "You always won, since you knew the best spots for flowers to grow." Night placed his on top of mine, or tried, it just went through mine. "Even now you guard the tree. Even when you don't have to." I looked at Night's remaining eye. "Remember that one night we sat in that clearing, stargazing? I would give anything to go back to that night."

I turned back to the forest. Night came and sat beside me.

"Why don't we do that again then?" He asked in sign language. "There's enough of a clearing here."

"Because it's not the same now."

Night got upset. He turned away and began crying harder.

"Then what's the point of coming here?"

"Because I miss you." I replied. "You were my everything. You still are. So until I am completely unable, I'm still going to come visit you on this day when you don't wail. Want to hear what I've been up to?" Night nodded, turning back. He tried to wipe the tears off his face just for more to fall in less than a second.

I told him what's been happening and silly things as well. He seems interested in what Blue does. I think he looks up to Blue. He always seems mesmerized by the fact Blue, just the Sans from Underswap, is fighting alongside the Protector of Aus and the Guardian of positivity.

...

Night had mostly stopped crying by the afternoon. And we talked for the rest of the day.

As the sun began to set though, Night's tears returned.

"I'll be back next year brother." I reassured. "I love you."

"I love you too." He signed.

He looked up at me and met my eyes. He smiled a tiny smile. Then he disappeared. Now he's back in the stump.

"Goodnight, Nighty. I'm glad I helped a little. I know it doesn't make up for before, but I'm trying.
See you next year."

———————————————————————

738 words

:)

Sanscest Oneshots जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें