Insomnia - Ice Skating

Error x Dream

Thanks for the request!

Dream POV:

It was snowing outside. I watched it fall through the window. I began whistling as I watched. Ink was out with Blue somewhere, so I was home alone. There was a lake in this au that we live in. I smiled a little at the thought that the lake could freeze and I could ice skate. I haven't gone ice skating in years. 'It might take a few days though.' I remembered. I yawned as I kept watching. It was pretty.

~Two Days Later~

I walked down to the frozen lake. There snow had mostly melted away, but not the ice thankfully. I looked at the ice, it seemed thick enough for me to be able to skate. I quickly took my boots off and changed into the skates I had with me. I had a wide smile across my face as stepped onto the ice. I skated toward the middle. It felt nice to skate around again. I did a few simple tricks and just skated around on the big lake. It was nice. Nothing but the sound of me skating around.

Error POV:

I watched the Positive Guardian skate around a. He looked so excited to just skate around. I wish I could join him. He's so sweet and perfect to everyone. Even to me. A monster who doesn't deserve to even see him. I could watch him for hours. It's an understatement to say I like him. Dream slowed down to a stop. 'Why is he-?'

"I can feel you positivity Error." He said, looking around. I froze. "I know you're watching me." He giggled. "Care to join?" Dream skated back to where he got on the ice. "If you want to." Dream sat down on the ice next to the shore.

I opened a portal to the au and walked into it. I walked up to Dream. He noticed me and smiled. God, his adorable little smile.

"You came!" He stood back up and clapped happily. He bent down to the little duffel bag he brought as well and pulled out another pair of skates. "Ink made these ones but misinterpreted my shoe size." He explained. "Maybe they'll fit you."

"I never agreed." I said. "And I...don't know how to skate." I told him. Dream just smiled.

"It's okay. I can teach you." He said. Still holding the skates out to me. I hesitantly took them, being careful not to touch him.

I sat down in the edge of the ice, took off one of my slippers, and tried the skate on. It fit. I was a bit surprised by that. I put the other one on.

"Now." I asked Dream. "How do I ice skate?"

Dream POV:

"How do I ice skate?" I smiled, somehow more, when Error asked.

But wait...how do I just tell him how to ice skate? It's easier if I just show him. I held out my hand to the glitchy skeleton.

"It's easier if I show you." I told him.

"No touching. I have a phobia. Just tell me." He said.

"Oh." That explains a lot. "Well...ice skating is hard to explain. You've just got to go with it and find a way to skate that you like." I tried. That's how I learned.

Error tried standing up and almost fell forward. He stood straight up and tried to move. I gave him a few pointers on how to move forward and stop and turn. He was struggling to move.

"Here. I can help you if you grab my hand. I promise I won't move it until you feel comfortable." I tried. Error looked at me for a moment.

He brought his hand up but hesitated. I stood there patiently. I looked down at the icy lake. I felt a weight in my hand and looked up to see Error trying not to crash. Soon he calmed down and I gently wrapped my fingers around his hand. He barely glitched.

"Ready?" I asked. Our eyes met and I noticed a yellow blush creep onto his cheeks.

"Y-yeah." He said.

I skated backward a little and pulled Error along with me. I turned sideways so we were side by side. I explained how I skated while using myself as an example. Error started to understand as we took a lap around the big lake. Soon I let go of his hand and we skated around each other. Error seemed to be really enjoying himself. That made me happy. I managed to make the God of Destruction have fun. I skated back up beside him, keeping a safe distance.

"Having fun?" I asked the glitchy skeleton.

"Surprisingly, yeah. This is really fun." He replied.

I smiled happily. Error was really nice when we're not fighting him. I grabbed Error's hand again and spun him to face me. His face erupted in the same yellow blush as before.

Error POV:

'What is he doing?!' I thought. As we slid across the ice, Dream just looked into my eyes. I felt myself blushing like crazy. Why aren't I glitching out.

Three he kissed me. I felt myself glitch, but not crash. I kissed back to the best of my ability. Dream pulled away after a moment, his face now covered in a golden blush too.

"I'm sorry!" He said quickly and pulled back but but holding onto my arms.

"I-It's-uh-I didn't mind?" I stuttered out. Dream stopped us both and we just stared at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing.

Dream hugged me after. I hugged him back as we stood on the ice, still not glitching. I liked this.

We skated around for hours while talking. Mostly me complaining about Ink. I was actually surprised when he started complaining about Ink too.

I loved just skating around with the positive guardian. I never wanted it to end.

————————————————————————

989 words

I lost motivation for anything near the end. 😅