Dream x Night - He Waited All Those Years.

Requested by @CrystalMoon_2011

Night POV:

Today is the day! I am going to tell Dream I like him more than a brother. I found a rose that I really want to give to him. Roses hardly ever grow around here and I can't wait to show him! I'd put the rose up in the tree so that when the villagers come, it wouldn't get hurt. I was happily reading when I heard them.

"Well, ready for your daily beating, negative freak?" The main one said. I held my book close to me and stood up. I tried to inch away, but one of them caught me.

I got punched, kicked, and scratched. Then they slammed me against the tree, causing it to shake. I heard something fall, but I couldn't look.

"Oh looks here!" One of them said. "Freaky here found a rose! He was hiding it from us." She sneered. I stared in fear. 'Please don't hurt it, please don't hurt, please don't hurt it!' I pleaded in my mind. "You have a crush, freak show?"

"N-no..." I said. If I told them it was Dream, they'd make him hate me too.

"Who is it? You're going to tell us." I looked away awaiting a punch.

I will not tell them.

"Tell us or I'll tear your rose apart." The girl threatened. I can't tell them! But my rose...
My relationship with my brother is more important.

I shook my head again and the girl threw the rose onto the ground and stomped on it. I started crying and she picked it back up tore some of petals out.

Soon they left. I sat on the ground and grabbed the rose. The pain meant nothing, I'd felt it all before, but my rose. I'd never even seen one growing out in the forest before, and they didn't care. I hugged my legs to my chest and started crying.

I just wanted to confess to Dream. Now I can't. What if he says no? He's going to. No one likes me anyway. I kept crying and crying. 'They're right, I really am a crybaby. I can't even fight back. I have no friends or anything.'

"Why would Dream ever love someone like me?" I muttered.

"I tried to tell you."

I tensed up. He's back.

"You said you'd leave me alone until I did it. Leave." I ordered him through tears.

Terror. The name I gave the goopy ghost that I stupidly made a deal with.

"Alright. Bye." He faded with a smirk.

I went back to hiding my face. A few minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Dream.

"What happened Brother?" That's all I'll ever be. Brother. Even though we aren't related. I showed him the rose. He gasped. "Did you find this? What happened to it?" He asked.

"Y-yeah." I said, wiping my tears. "I got scared and accidentally stood on it." I lied.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Night." He hugged me. "Was it for someone?" I met his eyes. His perfect golden eye lights.

"You." I whispered.

"Huh?"

"You!" I said louder. "It was for you! I'm never going to be more than a brother to you, but you're more than that to me. I love you." I said before hiding my face again. I sobbed a little. Now he's going to leave me too.

But he didn't.

He hugged me. I looked at him again.

"I love you too, Night. I just didn't know how to say it." Dream said, looking back up to me again. He leaned in and gave me a little kiss. "I have to go again now. I love you. I'll be back before sunset." He told me. He got up and waved.

"Well?"

Terror was back.

"Do it now. The idiots are gone and you are alone. They'll finally die and you'll be powerful." I looked at the apples.

"Okay." I said.

"I'll do it now."

I could've turned him down. But I didn't.

I woke up in a bed. 'I woke up? In A bed?' I sat up. I was in Terror's room, but...not a ghost. 'I'm free?' Terror was nowhere to be seen. I smiled. I can go back to...

I can go back to Dream.

Does he still love me though? It's been 500 years. He has to have moved on. I can still see him though. Thanks to Terror I can teleport now. I stood up and realized I didn't have my crown on, I had a very big sweatshirt on, some shorts, and slippers. 'Terror had a horrible fashion sense.' I looked around the room and found my old clothes. I reverted back to my size when I returned I guess, because they still fit. I did find my crown, and that still fit too. I did take one of Terror's extra sweatshirts and put it on over my clothes. I then teleported back to Dreamtale. If Dream will meet me anywhere, it'll be there, destroyed or not.

I arrived by the destroyed tree. I really caused all this huh? Why did I ever accept Terror's deal. I got blinded by the promise of power and protection.

"Nightmare, what are trying no-" I turned to him. He calls me Nightmare now? Jeez, Terror really didn't let me know anything. Dream was staring at me. He had grown a lot and his outfit had definitely changed.

"Hi Dream. Long time no see."

"A-are you really b-back?" I noticed golden tears in the corner of his eye sockets, threatening to spill. I nodded.

He ran up and hugged me. He picked me up too, now being much taller than me.

"I missed you." I told him.

"Me too. I missed you so much."

"Do you remember what I told you just before I ate it?" I asked. Dream nodded. "Well do you still love me like that?"

Dream smiled. Then he kissed me. This one lasted so much longer than our first one. Dream was definitely leading it. When we broke apart, I panted a little. He did it again and this time shoved his tongue into my mouth. When we eventually broke apart I was panting again and there was a small string of saliva connecting our tongues.

"I've wanted to do that for so many years." Dream said. "I waited all this time for you. Wanna go back to my place? I can introduce you to Ink and Blue." I hugged onto him.

"I'd like that. I just wanna be with you again. I won't leave, I promise." I told him. I kissed his cheek. Dream laughed and teleported us to his place.

I'm glad I came back. I glad I found Dream. I love him.

I'm finally going to be happy.

————————————————————————

1128 words