Killerdust - I'm here.

Dust POV:

It's your fault. It was always your fault. Why'd you kill them? You had too? No you didn't. You have no one else to blame.

They won't go away. The voices keep coming. I was sitting on my bed. I had been trying to sleep. Why did this happen now? I need some water. I began ignoring the voices. Which was hard. I stood up and slid my coat on. I wrapped the scarf I had around me too. It had belonged to my brother before I, ya know, killed him. I walked out and down the hall. I pulled the scarf up and hid my mouth and nose. Just get water, head back upstairs, calm down, and sleep. I went down some stairs into another hall. Why was this castle so damn big and confusing?

You could have saved him.

I stopped cold. That one hit me right in the soul. I'd always felt the worst about my brother's death. It's fine. It's in the past now. I walked past the living room to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and began walking back. The stupid voice was getting to me now. Telling me how I could have saved him. I stopped in front of the living room. Everything seems so clear after it's over! I clutched onto the bottle of water tighter.

"Just SHUT UP!" I shouted to the empty hall.

Then the door to the living room opened.

Killer POV:

I couldn't sleep so I was in the living room watching things. I didn't have a set thing to watch.
Then I heard a very loud shout.

I flinched. By flinched I mean fell onto the couch and clutched my skull for dear life. I sat back up after a moment and realized I wasn't about to die. It'd sounded like Dust. Who was he telling to shut up? I'm the only one awake, well besides him, and he didn't even know I was awake. Is he ok? I'd grown kind of fond of Dust over the last few months. I got up and opened the door to see what was going on out there.

As I looked out, Dust was standing there, holding a water bottle in one hand and his other was clenched into a fist. Judging by his upset facial expression, I expertly deducted what was wrong. Well two things that could be wrong. He was either having night terrors again, or voices. Or both.

"You okay?" I asked the murderous skeleton. He looked away. "Dust. You need to answer me. I'm just worried." I told him, rather nicely.

"Why are you even awake right now?" I heard him mutter.

"Couldn't sleep. You?" I prompted, leaning forward a bit.

"Voices and nightmares." He stated. "Just...needed some water."

We stood in silence for a bit.

"Wanna watch some shows with me?" I offered.

"No." I turned to begin going back into the living room. I knew better than to try and make Dust do something. Heck, even Boss won't push him to do anything when he's upset. "But." I turned back to him. "Can I just, stay with you? I need someone near me." His voice faltered a bit on the last sentence.

"Okay." I smiled a bit. Dust walked into the living room after me. I sat on the couch and he followed.

I muted the show and began watching with subtitles, then Dust leaned against me. I blushed a bit. I stayed as still as possible as Dust slowly fell back asleep. He looked so calm when he was asleep. No creepy eye lights or sadistic smile. He was cute.

Soon he started whimpering and thrashing. I tried to comfort him, but he unconsciously smacked my hand away. What do I do?! I just grabbed him and pulled him onto my chest. He froze, still in the nightmare. I began whispering sweet nothings to him. Slowly, very slowly I felt him relax and lean into me. I stopped talking to him. He began crying in his sleep.

"Don't worry. I'm still here for you." I whispered. He relaxed again. "I'll always be here." I told Dust. I hope it'll always be true. At least it is now.

------------------------

709 words