Drink - You Won't Forget Me, Right?

Dream POV:

I walked up to Ink. He seemed upset when he walked in the door.

"Inky, are you okay?" I asked as I walked up to him. He turned to me. He looked with a hint of anger in his eyes.

"Why'd you call me Inky?" He asked.

"Because your my husband?" I replied, confused. He glared.

"I thought I already told you this. I don't know who you are and I don't love you."

Wh-What?

"When did this happen?"

"Doesn't matter. Look, stop pretending you're my husband. I don't have one."

I felt like I was about to burst into tears. Why didn't he tell me? What's happening?

"What about Palette?" I asked, my voice was almost breaking.

"Keep him. I don't want that...thing. I don't know where it came from, I'm not taking it."

What happened to Ink? He's never like this. He loves Palette. He was just drawing with him this morning. How do I explain this to him?

Ink finished grabbing his things and glared at me one more time.

"If you claim to be my husband again, I will never talk to you again."

"Do you even remember my name?"

Ink stayed silent for a moment.

"Nope." And with that he teleported out. Gone.

He forgot me. How? How did he... He wasn't even gone the whole day. He was fine this morning. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

Did I do something wrong?

...

I jolted awake in bed. I was hyperventilating. I didn't realize I was crying until a tear dripped onto my hand. I reached a hand up to my face and wiped away the hot tears. I looked to my side, hoping Ink was still there.

And he was.

He was out cold. And he was still here. He didn't leave.

I felt more tears spill out of my eyes. I collapsed onto him and hugged him. I felt Ink flinch, but I didn't care. I just wanted to hug him. Everything was still so fresh in my mind. So I just wanted him to hold me for a bit.

Ink POV:

I was startled awake to Dream falling on me. I felt him snuggle into my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. I heard him hiccuping from what sounded like crying.

"Hey Dream, what happened?" I asked. I moved one of my hands to stroke his head.

"I-I had a bad dream." He replied quietly.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Not yet. Please just hold me."

"Okay."

I sat up and held the guardian to my chest still. He calmed down for a bit then started crying again. I rocked us back and forth a bit, hoping that would help.

"You won't forget me, right?" Dream suddenly asked.

"Of course not." I replied. "Was that what your nightmare was about?" He nodded. "Well don't worry. I won't. I have my many ways of remembering you. And Palette for that matter."I felt Dream chuckled a bit.

"Thanks Inky."

I kissed Dream's head. I moved my hand stroking his head down to his hand.

"Of course. I love you. And I always will."

We sat there for awhile. Dream still reeling from the nightmare. He doesn't usually get nightmares. Either something went wrong tonight or, what I think is the more likely situation, Nightmare himself caused it. I don't dream, so he couldn't get to me. But did he get to Palette?

"Dream. Do you think Nightmare gave you rn he bad dream?" I asked.

"Yeah. He tends to take things you fear happening, make them into a reality within the dream, and multiply it."

"Do you think he gave one to Palette too?"

"I usually protect his dreams before he goes to bed for that reason. He should be safe. Guess I missed myself today." Dream explained.

"Good—not you missing yourself, protecting Palette." I hugged him tighter. Dream laughed "Want something to eat real quick so we can get back to sleep?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. A brownie? I think we still have some left."

"Sure."

I got up and walked down to the kitchen. I open the fridge, cut out a brownie from the tray, put it on a napkin, and went back to Dream. On the way back, I opened Palette's room to check on him. He was still sound asleep, no nightmares in sight. I smiled and shut the door, continuing back to my room. I handed Dream the brownie. He ripped it in half and gave me the other half.

"I'm not super hungry and you forgot to get yourself one, dummy. You'd have asked me for part of it."

I laughed and took it. Afterwards, we snuggled some more until Dream fell back asleep. I held him close. I may be unable to protect you in your dreams, but I can do my best here.

————————————————————————

822 words

This is frickin bad-