Vampire Ink x Dream - Legends Are Wrong Sometimes

All humans and humanoids

Dream POV:

I walked through the small town. It was a cozy little place with quite a few people. I spotted a poster of a missing person near me. Poor guy. His name was Blue. He's been gone for a couple of weeks now. I saw another ad next to it that someone was making a search team to look for the missing people. A lot of others have gone missing and their bodies had been recovered. All drained of blood. All except Blue. The young, loveable, little guy with big dreams was known all throughout the town. I decided to join it. I wrote my name down and began walking away. I'd known Blue. He was one of my good friends. I was pretty upset when he went missing. I needed to get home right now though. My brother was probably wondering where I was.

I arrived back home and saw Nightmare waiting in the living room.

"Hello!" I said as I walked over. He waved. "I joined a search team looking for Blue." I told him as I sat down. Night looked a bit worried.

"What if whatever took Blue takes you? Or worse." I hugged him.

"I'll be super careful. Okay? I just really miss him. If I get a chance to get him back, I'll take it." Nightmare still looked a bit worried.

"Okay. If you see anything suspicious though, you better get out of there." He said. "Now let's get some food before your meeting. I'm hungry." I giggled and followed Night into the kitchen.

~The Next Day~

I met up with the others in the agreed spot. We all went over everything like the safety measures and set off. As we entered the forest, I got a bit uneasy. This was a tall forest. So many things could be hiding in here.

"We're going to be walking by the river, as that was where Blue was last seen heading." Just the mention of my friend made me a bit sad.

It was quite cold this morning. I'd forgotten to put on a heavy jacket, so I just wrapped my cape around me. I looked around with the others as we looked for any sign of Blue. Maybe I shouldn't have come. No. I'm not going to give up on my friend.

"What about the legend of the vampire that haunts these woods?" Some lady asked.

"Pfft. No way it's real." Someone else said.

"Could that be why the dead people have no blood? He drank it all? What if he took Blue?!" Okay I knew there was a legend about a vampire, but I didn't think of that.

"I heard he brutally murders the person before he drinks all their blood." I clutched my cape tighter. I was getting a bit scared.

"Maybe he lives in the old abandoned castle somewhere in these woods." Another person said. There's an abandoned castle out here?

We walked around for hours and hours with one lunch break and a few others. No one had seen anything of Blue. I was beginning to lose hope. I began lagging behind the main group. I heard a whimpering nearby. I was about to leave it when I thought 'What if it's Blue?' I walked in the direction I heard it come from. It slowly got louder as I walked farther. I came to a bush. I pried it open and saw a bunny. Oh. It was just a bunny. Killer would love this. I picked up the bunny and placed it outside the bush. It hopped away. I looked around. I then realized I didn't know where I was. 'Which way did I come in?!' I thought worriedly. I forgot which way I walked in. 'Oh no! What if the vampire...comes...' I watched a snowflake land on my nose. A snowflake? Oh no it's snowing. And I'm lost! I began walking in a random direction. More snow began falling and I kept going. I yelled into the woods. No one replied.