Epic x Night - Whats a meme?

Requested by @Flammenmut
This is the au where Mare managed to separate him and Night again

Night POV:

I trudged down the hall. Mare had sent me to go stay with Cross since I was apparently too annoying and needy. All I asked for was another book! I arrived at Cross's room a little bit later.

I heard another voice from Cross's room as I reached up to knock. I knocked and they both stopped.

"Go away! I have a friend over!" Cross called.

"Well Mare sent me here! What am I supposed to do?" I called back. I heard Cross sigh.

"Just let him in, bruh. What's the worst he's gonna do? Listen to us?" The other asked.

"Ugh fine." I heard someone walk up to the door. I thought it was Cross, but it was his friend.

"Hey little bruh. I'm Epic." He said before backing up and letting me come in. Cross still seemed upset.

"I'm Night." I said quietly. I sat on Cross's bed and watched the two.

After a few minutes, Cross still seemed quite agitated. Epic seemed cool. He was including me in their conversation and being quite nice.

"I need to go to the bathroom, dude. I'll be right back." Cross eventually said, walking out.

Epic sat beside me and began scrolling through his phone, looking at pictures. I watched from beside him. He laughed at one of the pictures and let me see it. I read the words, but was confused.

"What's that?" I asked. "Why's it funny?"

"Do you not know what a meme is?" Epic asked.

"What's a meme?" I asked. Epic gave a dramatic gasp and I blinked in surprise.

"How do you not know what a meme is, bruh?! I must show you!" He put an arm around my shoulder and pulled our heads together. "I shall teach you the ways, little bruh."

Oh boy, I am in for it now.

...

Okay. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Epic just showed me how memes work. They're actually quite funny.
Now we were scrolling through memes together.

I rested my head on his shoulder. Cross still wasn't back.

"Are there things other than memes?" I asked. I was getting a bit bored.

"Well yeah. What do you wanna look at, little bruh?" I shrugged. "Wanna go to a different au? Maybe we could talk about random things like I do with Cross." He smiled at me. I returned it.

"Sounds fun. Maybe we can talk about some more of these 'memes'." I suggested.

Epic brought us to Underswap. We went to Muffet's and he ordered some food for me. I happily ate it as I don't usually get sweet treats because Mare hates baking, and Horror doesn't do it that often. Epic kept talking to me about memes and other things him and Cross were into. Most of it was quite interesting.

As we were talking, the door to Muffet's burst open. I turned back and saw...Mare.

"Hi Mare..." I said quietly. He walked up to me, everyone else was silent.

"You are coming home. Now." He grabbed my wrist and yanked me off the chair.

"Bye Epic." I called to my new friend. He waved back as Mare dragged me out and teleported home.

"I did not give you permission to leave. Cross has lost my trust. Did that skeleton do anything to you?" He asked

"Nope. He just taught me what memes were. Can I have a phone, Mare?" Mare sighed.

"Fine. But promise me you won't talk to strangers."

"Okay! And no personal information! I'm not a baby, Mare."

"I never said you were, Night."

I rolled my eyes. Mare walked me back to his office.

"You stay here until I come back."

...

I figured out how to look up memes. I also found Epic online. On Snapchat to be precise. I loved talking with him. We'd usually send memes back and forth to each other. Whenever I was upset or complained about Mare, Epic always knew how to cheer me up. I like him.

Unbeknownst to Mare and Cross, me and Epic meet up every time he comes over.

It usually ends up with us cuddling as long as we can until Mare or Cross notices we're gone.

I like him a lot.

———————————————————————

720 words

The storyline is weird- I'm sorry. The writers block is still hitting me-