Meme Squad Poly - I'm not good enough.

Requested by @Emeraldgaze21

Error POV:

I was sitting beside Cross and Nightmare, we were watching a show. Nightmare was resting on Cross's shoulder when Cross grabbed the small skeleton and pulled him onto his lap. Nightmare made an angry noise and playfully smacked Cross. Then Cross started tickling Nightmare, who started laughing immediately. A little grin appeared on my face. It's a good thing those two are together, because they're perfect for each other. My grin fell as I realized that.

I wish I could join it. I've fallen for the two the longer I've spent with them and I still...still can't tell them.

They wouldn't want to be with me. I'm not someone they'd like. They're so perfect. And then there's me.

I'm not good for anything. I'm ugly, stupid, worthless, I'm just a failure. Why do they even have me on the team?!

I tried to return my attention to the screen, but Nightmare and Cross were now playfully bickering with each other. I sighed as I looked at them. Nightmare was laughing hysterically as Cross tickled him now. I'll never be with them. So why do I hold out hope?

I should just give up.

"Hey, I'm gonna head upstairs and probably go to bed." I told the two. Cross stopped as I got up.

"But Error, it's only 6 pm-" He started. I didn't bother to hear the rest and ran to my room.

I shut my door and fell onto my bed.

Why is this happening?! I can't be with them! Why can't I get that through my stupid skull! Even if I were to somehow miraculously get them to like me, I couldn't even be affectionate towards them because of my phobia. It'd be awful. I'd ruin their relationship. Like I ruin everything.

Maybe I can do something that they'd appreciate. To at least get a compliment. That's about as close I'll ever get to anything resembling 'love' with them.

...

I found myself walking the darkened halls of the JR's palace. I had to dodge a few guards, but I just needed to get to Dream's office to see if he was asleep or not. I got there and saw the lights off. He was!

I gently opened the door and closed it the same way. I saw no one in here and walked up to the desk. These papers usually had what Dream was doing and when he'd send out his next search parties for us. I found some of those papers and went back out into the hall. I took a turn and saw Dream's unmistakeable glowing wings wandering down the hall behind him. I ducked behind a pillar and hoped he wouldn't see me...
I shut my eyes as his footsteps got close. I opened them a smidge and peeked out at him. He walked past, taking a sip of his coffee. He looked a quite sleep deprived. Poor guy. I snuck out past him and back to the many flights of stairs. As I was getting to the last floor, all the lights in the hall turned on.

Dream must've found out someone went through his paperwork. I exited the stairwell and began bolting it for the door. They could very clearly see me in the light. I heard a shout as I ran past a hall.

I felt strings wrap around my ankles, oh no-
Not Blue. Anyone but Blue. I'd take Ink over Blue.

I fell face first onto the floor just before the doors. I tried to get the strings off me as I felt the panic rising, from both my phobia, and the fact I am about to die.

"Well, well, well." Blue said mockingly. "If it isn't the timid little glitch." I kicked one last time and broke the restraints, surprising Blue. I took off out the doors, without the papers.

I then immediately got tackled by someone else I shoved them off me and got up. Here was Ink. I tried to glare, but I'm pretty sure I looked more scared. Ink still had his typical, unreadable expression.

He lunged at me again and grabbed my hood as I tried to dodge, I flailed about.

"Stop." Was all Ink said. I looked up and froze, he had a knife raised above my head right now.

Then suddenly he got pulled away, and by extension, me. I fell on my side and felt Ink's grip on my hood vanish. I covered my head in fear. I don't know how long it was. I eventually opened my eyes when I felt light, playful yet careful, smacking on the side of my skull. I saw Nightmare sitting there, he smiled when he realized I opened my eyes.

"You are alive!" He said. I sat up with Nightmare's help and we looked over to see Cross running over.

"Dream's coming! GO!" He shouted.

Nightmare hoisted me up and we began running. Cross caught up and we all ran off together.

Soon we lost the JR, but we were all tired. We stumbled inside. I flopped onto the couch and just broke down crying.

"Hey,.." I heard Cross's voice say sweetly. "What's wrong, Error?"

"Yeah. You can tell us anything." Nightmare joined in.

I spilled everything out to them. All my struggles, insecurities, worries, and my love for them...

I started crying more as I confessed it, knowing they don't return it. I was then reduced to sobbing mess. They're gonna be upset I unloaded to them! They're gonna kick me out. That's okay. I deserve it.

I felt someone hug me and I froze. But it was Cross's touch. I was used to his. He pulled me to him and hugged me.

"Error, you're silly." I heard Night say. "We love you too. We just didn't know how to say it...we thought you didn't like the idea of a poly relationship." Cross let me go and set me back on the couch. Night was on the floor.

"But why? I'm a failure. I'm ugly, selfish, stupid-"

"Shut up!" Night shouted. "You are not! If you were, you wouldn't be here! You're amazing! Who do you think takes care of us after me and Cross get injured being idiots?!" He teared up. "We love you for you, Error."

"Want to join our relationship?" Cross asked. I nodded.

Night giggled and jumped on me.

...

Now we're all sitting together in a pile, watching the same show, bickering with each other, and being idiotic lovers.

What a great time.

———————————————————————

1090 words