Nightkiller - Coming Home.

I'm pretty sure my motivation for anything just died. So apologize if my writing isn't as good for the next few parts.

Night POV:

"Excited to be home, Brother?" Dream asked as he drove. We'd been on a sort of 'brother bonding' trip, as he called it, for the last week.

"Yep." I said.

I was excited to be home and see Killer and Crescent. I bet Crescent would be super excited. I remember how upset he was when I said I was going away for a week. It was late too as we headed to my home. Probably around 8.

"Think Cres missed you?" Dream asked.

"Of course he did. He's only three. He's was heartbroken when I said I was going to be gone for a week." I explained. Dream chuckled and then sighed.

"You have a precious son."

"So do you. Don't forget that." I elbowed him. Dream laughed.

"I know, I know."

Dream pulled up to my house and I got out. I grabbed my backpack and shut the car door. I waved to Dream before walking up to the door. He drove off as I unlocked it and walked in. It was an average sized house. I shut the door behind me and looked towards the living room.

"Hello?" I called into the house.

I heard a little scamper and a little kid appeared in the doorway to the living room. He saw me and gasped.

"Dada!" He called and ran towards me.

I sat down on my legs and pulled him into a hug when he got close enough. He wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me back.

"Hello my little one." I said sweetly to him. "I missed you."

"Ya! Ya!" He giggled a little.

"Say Cres, where's Papa?" I asked him. Crescent looked back to the living room.

Another skeleton, as though on cue, appeared leaning on the doorframe. There's Killer.

"Papa!" Crescent said happily, not moving away from me though.

I stood back up with Crescent in my arms. Killer walked up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Welcome back, Nights." He said sweetly. I smiled. "Now you, mister." He leaned down to Crescent. "I said you can wait until your father gets home before you go to bed. Now it's bedtime."

"Nooooo!" Crescent complained. "Dada! No!" He hugged into my shirt tighter.

"I'll read you a bedtime story, Cres. And you'll see me in the morning and then we can go to the park or something later." I offered. Crescent smiled.

"Okay!" He agreed.

I leaned over and kissed Killer quickly before going upstairs to read to Crescent. I helped him change into his pajamas and then put him in his bed.

"What story do you want, little one?" I took out two little kids' books and showed him.

"Dat one!" Crescent pointed to the one in my right hand. I nodded.

I turned on his bedside lamp and turned off his normal lights. The little teal 'glow in the dark' stars he had on the walls began to glow. I sat on the edge of his bed and read him the story.

...

As I finished the book, I glanced at Crescent, he was out like a light. I chuckled a bit to myself. I gave him a little kiss on his temple before I shut off the lamp and shut the door gently. I walked over to me and Killer's room. He wasn't in there. I walked back out and glanced down the stairs. The entire downstairs was dark. 'Must be in the bathroom.' I walked back into our room and got ready for bed myself. I grabbed the book I'd been reading and opened it.
Soon Killer emerged from the bathroom and got ready himself. He looked at me and gasped dramatically. I turned to him.

"What is it now, drama Queen?" I asked.

"How could you start without me?"

"Because you're slow."

"Hmph."

I turned on my nightstand lamp as Killer turned off the lights. He then flopped onto his side of the bed. I continued reading, which annoyed him.

"Night."

"Hmm?" I hummed, indicating I was listening, but not moving my eyes.

"I want cuddles. I've been deprived of them for the last week." He complained.

"Fine, cuddle me while I'm reading. And read along since you were so hurt I started reading without you."

"But I want all your attention."

"Gosh, all you do is complain isn't it? You don't even seem happy that I'm back." I fake pouted and turned away, crossing my arms. Killer faltered for a second. Then he started feeling bad.

"Noo! Nighty!" He hugged my waist. "I'm sorryyyy. I am happy your back. I just missed your cuddles." I laughed.

"Will you take my offer of the 'cuddling while I'm reading' now?" I asked. Killer nodded. "Good."

I looked back down at my book and Killer rested his head on my shoulder, not moving his hands away from my waist. Soon Killer fell asleep and fell onto the bed. I shut off the light and joined him. I snuggled into his chest.

I don't think he'll ever know how much I truly love coming home to him and Crescent.

But that's okay. As long they're still there when I return.

————————————————————————

882 words