Killermare - Scars

Killer POV:

I finished my mission and had already cleaned up. Now I just needed to report to Nightmare! I strode out of my room and walked down to his office. I knocked and then opened the door. I found the King asleep on the desk. He looked very peaceful. He was resting his head on his arms. I walked behind him, about to wake him up, when I noticed one of his tentacles swaying lightly. I gently stroked it. I felt little bumps as I ran my hand along the tentacle. I grabbed it and inspected it. There was a lot less goop than normal on the tentacle. I felt for one of the bumps and looked at it. It was a scar.

I didn't think any of the hits the tentacles took left scars.

I found some more and glanced at Nightmare. He was still out cold. I crouched down and kissed the scars. His goop doesn't taste bad, so I'm not worried. I did the same for the other tentacles.

I then scooted Nightmare'a chair back a bit and sat behind him. I began petting his tentacles as they curled around me and tracing their scars. I felt Nightmare shift after a bit, but I shrugged it off. His tentacles seemed to like the attention they were being given.

"Killer." Nightmare's voice came from in front of me as he sat up. I froze, still holding a tentacle. I felt the extra layer of goop cover his tentacles again and the scars were once more hidden. "You may continue. Sorry about the scars." He said quietly.

"Why're you apologizing?" I asked, gaining Nightmare's attention. "Scars aren't something to be ashamed of."

"Mine are. All of them are ugly."

"No." I stood up and walked in front of the desk, facing Nightmare. Then I took my shirt off, revealing my scars as well.

"Well your's are pretty."

"Show me your's."

"...No." I frowned. I walked back up to Nightmare and hugged him.

"Please? I won't judge you." Nightmare sighed.

"Okay..."

I let go as he unsummoned his tentacles and took his sweatshirt and shirt off. He had a lot of scars. I grabbed his hand and teleported us to our room. I sat on the bed and patted beside me for Nightmare to as well. He did. I made him lay down and began tracing over his scars.

"Ya know, Nights? These scars make you look even more beautiful. They aren't ugly. Nothing about you is ugly."

"Killer stop. I hate them. Especially the ones from...before."

When Nightmare says that, he's referring to before he was corrupted, or more accurately, when Passive was alive.

"Well guess what, Mr. Pessimist, these scars are beautiful. And they show just how much you've been through to get to where you are. You've earned being here. And I couldn't be more proud."

"You sound like a mother."

"So I sound like you?"

"Shut up."

"But seriously Night. Don't beat up on yourself. You are amazingly beautiful and so strong for going through all of that. I love you so much. Nothing about you is ugly. And anyone who says so is jealous."

Nightmare laughed.

"Thank you Kills. Where would I be without you?"

"Probably depressed."

"Pfft- yeah. Thank you. I love you too."

We cuddled for the rest of the day, talking about the scars.

I'm pretty sure Nightmare felt better by the end of the day.

———————————————————————

576 words

Short but sweet