Drinkberry - A Day Out

Blue POV:

I fell onto the couch after we came back after a battle. Dream was going to take a shower and Ink is going to do...whatever he does. That battle was definitely not worth it. And now we're all tired. Maybe I can find Ink. I'm bored. I hopped off the couch and made my way upstairs. Ink has like two major places where he is, our room or his art room. I decided to check the art room since Dream is taking a shower. And there he was, doodling in a sketchbook.

"Hi Blue." He greeted "Need something?"

"I wanna sit with you." I said.

Ink chuckled. He sat up and I sat down in his lap. Ink wrapped his arms around me and kept doodling, resting his head on mine.

"What're you drawing?" I asked.

"Stuff." Ink replied.

"You two cuddling without me?" Dream's voice interrupted our conversation.

I reached out an arm to the positive guardian who was pretending to pout. He came over, scooped me up, and sat in Ink's lap with me in his.

"Now I can't draw!" Ink complained. I leaned into Dream who leaned into a pouty Ink.

Dream laughed and teleported us to the bed so we'd be comfy. I ended up in the middle.

"Hey guys?" I asked, gaining the attentions of the two others. "Can we have a day out soon? I want a break."

"Of course." Dream said "Where to?" He asked both me and Ink.

"There's a really pretty flower field in a surface au. It has a park nearby too. A very pretty place." Ink explained.

"Let's go there!" I said, sitting back up.

"Tomorrow." Dream told me, pulling me back down.

He gave me and Ink a little kiss goodnight.

~The Next Morning~

Dream POV:

I woke up before the other two. I decided to get ready. I changed and went down to the kitchen to make breakfast. I made pancakes and finished just as the other two came down. Their moods were the exact opposite of each other. Blue was super excited for today and Ink was tired and sluggish. I made Ink a coffee.

After we finished breakfast, Blue wanted to go right then and there. Ink wanted to wait a bit, so we snuggled on the couch, or, more accurately, laid on top of Blue so he can't run around. We did eventually decide to go.

Ink teleported us to the au and we walked to field. He was right, it was very pretty. There were all sort of flowers. It was connected to the park and many people were picking flowers and playing in them. Ink went and sat under a tree while me and Blue picked flowers. I tied a few blue ones to his scarf.

"I love it!" I said. "Can we do that to Ink? He seems a bit down today."

"Sure." Blue had a point. Ink does seem pretty down today.

I grabbed a few flowers of different colors. We walked back over to the protecter who smiled at us.

"What's on your mind?" I asked his as blue tied the flowers to his sash.

"Nothing." Ink replied. He knows I can feel when he lies, right?

"Ink I can feel you lying. What's wrong?" I sat beside him.

"I don't know...just upset about losing so much yesterday." He replied quietly. "I could've been faster." I smacked his skull. Blue laughed.

"What was that for?!" He asked

"Don't think like that!" I hugged him. "You we're making sure we were ok-Blue what're you doing?"

Blue stood up and began looping flower stems around my crown. The golden ones he had left over.

"It's our little day out right now. Let's figure that out once we're home. Right now let's have fun." He said. He sat himself in Ink's lap. The protector giggled and kissed his skull.

"Thanks Blue."

A gentle breeze came through the field. I scooted closer to my two boyfriends. Blue was right. We did need a day out. A day just to us. I rested my head on Ink's shoulder and began dozing off. Well until Ink sneezed. I flinched since his are like your traditional dad-sneeze.

"Sorry." He apologized "I think the pollen is getting to me." Me and Blue laughed.

"How about we go for a walk instead?" I offered. The two agreed.

We stood up and began walking along the nearby path, talking, joking, flustering each other. It was exactly the break we needed.

————————————————————————

757 words