Killermare - A Little Date

Nightmare POV:

I sat at my desk. I felt bad for Killer. I feel as though I've been neglecting my poor boyfriend. I've been working more due to us destroying aus more because I require more negativity. I want to do something special for him...but what...? Oh I know! I could take him out on a date to a restaurant and then spoil him after. He'd love that. But which au? There are many places Killer likes.
I soon decided on a a restaurant in a surface au that I took him to that he loved. I need to call to make a reservation though. I grabbed my phone and did that. Tomorrow at 5:30 is what I got. The host seemed quite nervous as I was making the reservation. Probably because he asked for my name first and recognized it. Once that was done, I now needed to find Killer.

I walked up to his room and knocked.

"Whom?" He asked.

"What is wrong with your speech?" I asked.

"Oh hi, Night!" He opened the door a second later and smiled at me.

"Hello Kills. I have a surprise for you." I kissed his forehead and walked in.

"Ooo! What've you got?"

"Well...I feel like I haven't been giving you enough attention lately. Sooo..." I sat on his bed and looked at his excited look. "I've planned a date for us tomorrow. We'll have dinner and then go do whatever you want—except killing people I don't want blood and dust all over my good clothes—so anything but that."

Killer's smile grew. He ran over and jumped on me, knocking us both back onto the bed, laughing. I held Killer close.

"Okay, you drippy murderer," I said, sitting us back up. He laughed at the nickname. "It's at 5:30 tomorrow. Can you be ready by then?"

"Yep!" Killer replied. "Thank you."

"It's nothing. You deserve some love, I've been too busy lately." I kissed his temple.

"Okay, Mister Romantic. Get back to work before you use up all the time we have tomorrow." Killer said. I rolled my eyes before getting up and walking out.

...

The next night, I was getting ready for the date. I wore a simple yet fancy tunic, similar to the one I wore when I was younger. I liked how I looked. I walked out and over to Killer's room. I walked in and found him in his normal clothes, looking in a mirror. I hugged him from behind.

"No dressing up for me~?" I asked.

"Pfft- I was gonna. Then I realized I had nothing I could easily move in if the stars come." Killer replied.

"I would've protected you. I'd never let them hurt you."

"I know. But just in case." I chuckled.

"Okay." I kissed his skull. "Let's just go."

I arrived with Killer in the au. We walked around, no one stood in our way. If they had, we wouldn't have fought them. We don't usually kill people on our dates. Soon we arrived at the restaurant. I opened the door and let Killer walk in first just for both of us to be greeted by the stars.

"Brother, you-"

"I wasn't trying to destroy this place Dream." I hissed. I shoved Killer behind me to protect him. "I just wanted a nice dinner." I then teleported away with Killer.

I dropped him from my tentacle as we arrived in another au. Well there goes my plans for the night. Maybe we can make this au work...
I glanced at Killer. He still seemed up for the night.

"Still up for-?"

"Of course!" He cut me off. "Now let's go!" He pulled me up and we began walking through this au.

Killer POV:

One interference from the stars won't stop this! I dragged Nightmare through the au to look for something to do. Soon we found a nice little area with a pond and sat beside it. I could tell Nightmare was still a little upset. I rested in his shoulder lovingly.

"It's still a nice night. The stars don't understand that we have our own time without destruction." I tried. I felt Nightmare chuckle.

"Thanks Kills."

Soon we started skipping stones. Nightmare didn't know how so I started teaching him. Soon he began getting the hang of it.

Then an arrow hit him straight in the shoulder.

Nightmare fell onto one knee and winced. I summoned my knife but Nightmare grabbed me with a tentacle again and teleported us away again. Now we were back in the castle. I landed on the ground and checked the time. It was already 10 pm. I sighed. I looked down at Nightmare. He had pulled the arrow out of his shoulder and was sulking away. I ran up to him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. Nightmare covered his face and looked away.

"I wanted to have a little date with you but....I guess I can't." He then teleported away.

A little date?

I got an idea. I ran off to my room to go set it up.

I quickly set up a big blanket on the floor and put two plates down, two cups, a stuffed animal in the middle—oddly enough the fanciest thing I had that wasn't a weapon—, and I dimmed the lights. Then I got some food. Luckily some places were still open. It was fast food but, who cares? It's food. I then called Nightmare and told him to get his goopy self over here. I put his food on his plate and mine on my own.

Nightmare walked in, back in his normal clothes. He seemed quite stunned. I sat him down on his side and sat on my own.

"You seemed upset we couldn't have a date...so I made my own for us." I explained. "Sorry it's small..."

"No." Nightmare said. "It's perfect." He took one of the fries he had. "Maybe a bit unhealthy."

"Since when have I ever been healthy? We're already dead!"

"But. Ecto-bodies."

"Pfft. Mines fine."

Nightmare rolled his eyes. We ate together while talking about random things. Nightmare's eye seemed much brighter than when he left. I loved it.

After we finished, Nightmare came over to me and we just sat on my floor. We talked for hours until the sun began to rise. Nightmare then cleaned up everything and took the plates. I offered to help, but he said no. He then came back over, kissed my forehead, and then walked out. Leaving me blushing.

I smiled. I want to do that again sometime.

———————————————————————

1103 words