Creak - Roller Skating

Cross x Dream x Ink

Dream POV:

I sat in the backseat of the car as Ink drove. I was clutching onto Cross's hand that he reached back for me.

I was scared, to say the least. They were making me go roller-skating for the first time. Ever. I tried objecting, but Cross promised he wouldn't let me get hurt and Ink agreed. I squeezed Cross's hand as I breathed out. Be turned back to me.

"It'll be okay, Dreamy. I promise." He said. "And if it isn't, you can stop anytime." I breathed a sigh of relief. "But can you at least try for us?"

"Okay. I can do that." I said.

"Yay!" Ink called. "Thanks Dream!" Me and Cross laughed.

Ink soon pulled into the parking lot of the roller rink. We all grabbed our skates and walked inside. Ink paid for the tickets and we were in. I felt myself get nervous as I reached for Ink's hand. The Protector gave it an affectionate squeeze. We sat down on a bench and Ink quickly changed his shoes. It was only then I realized he had roller blades. He must be good. I sat there not moving for a moment and watched Ink take off onto the rink, skating like a pro.

"You doing okay, Dream?" I turned to Cross as he asked.

"Nervous..." I replied.

"Oh. Don't worry. I'll be right here." He hugged me. I smiled a bit.

"Heyyy. Don't leave me out of the affection." Ink said, rolling back over now that he's done a lap. I rolled my eyes and began changing my shoes.

Once I got the skates on, and well after Ink got bored and left for another lap, Cross stood up and offered me a hand, saying it's a bit hard to stand up sometimes. I was incredibly wobbly once I did get up. I cling onto Cross's arm out of fear.

"Don't worry, Dream." He told me. "You'll do great. How about you get used to it while I do a lap real quick?"

"O-okay." I squeaked. Cross kissed my cheek and I blushed and watched him go. He was pretty good at it. Ink caught up to him and they started talking.

I tried to move forward a bit and almost fell. 'Don't angle your feet the same way, Dream.' I thought, remembering some advice Ink was saying as he drove. 'Lean forward...' I started losing my balance and instinctively leaned backwards and fell onto my tailbone, right in front of people. I scooted back and they went by, right as Cross and Ink came out of the rink.

"You okay Dream?" Ink asked. "We saw your awesome fall!"

"Ink!" Cross said.

"What?"

"Awesome?" I asked.

"Yeah. Everyone falls the first time. Your's was awesome!" I chuckled at Ink's excitement. He hoisted me back up and I grabbed onto Cross's arm again. "We'll help you from here!"

Ink began giving me pointers on how to move and Cross caught me every time I slipped. Soon I started getting the hang of it. Of course I couldn't do it alone, but I could go on the rink.

Cross warned me it was more slippery than the carpet, but I could do it with his help.

I fell harshly almost immediately. I slipped out of Cross's grasp and landed hard on the floor. Cross helped me up and kissed my cheek. Ink squeezed in between me and the wall and took my other hand. Cross and Ink eased me away from the wall and I copied the pace of their movements. Soon we were going fast around the loop as our little trio. Cross and Ink loosened their grips on my hands and we just started skating while normally holding hands.

Then suddenly they both let go, still staying beside me. I squeaked in fear.

"Don't freak out Dream, just keep doing what we just did." Ink said sweetly.

"We'll catch you if you fall." Cross chimed in.

Ink POV:

Dream took in a shaky breath and kept skating. He lost his balance once and Cross caught him.

Soon we were all skating around, me being much more amazing, obviously~. But in all seriousness, I am quite happy Dream stayed skating with us the whole time. He was so worried before but now he's fine. I even picked him up at one point. Then I got yelled at by a worker, but whatever.

When we were done, I hugged the ever-loving life out of Dream on the bench. I had to carry him out though since he accidentally rubbed his ankles raw on the skates. He wasn't wearing knee-high socks, so the back of the skate rubbed his ankle raw.

Cross and I babied Dream for the rest of the night.

He loved it.

———————————————————————

807 words

Non-request