Nightcross - Just the Two of Us

Requested by @CrystalMoon_2011

Night POV:

Ever since Mare found a way to separate us, he's become super protective of me. He'd never leave me alone in a room with any of his team. And he doesn't let me out of his sight. He seems to trust Cross with me though. Not enough to leave me alone with him though, apparently.

I sat on the floor in Mare's office. I had to come in here since he was going in here. I don't like it here. Too boring. And I already finished the book he gave me.

"Mare, Im bored. I require entertainment." I complained.

"Well read the book."

"I already did!" I kicked his desk lightly. I'm not about to break my foot because I'm bored.

I heard Mare sigh. He picked up his phone and walked out of the room, shutting the door.
He soon walked back in and sat back down. Then Cross came and opened the door. I looked up at him.

"Cross, take Night out. Take him to a fair or something." I gasped and sat up.

"I actually get to go somewhere? Without you?!" I asked.

"Ouch. But yes." Mare replied.

"Sorry." I said, standing up quickly. I ran up to Cross and grabbed his hand, beginning to lead him out.

"Oh and Cross," Mare began, we both looked back at him. "If you do anything—and I mean anything—to Night. I will kill you." He warned.

"U-Understood Boss!" Cross said.

"Come on!" I whined. This may be the only day out I get and I don't want to waste a second. I pulled across away as Mare said something else, but we were already to far away to hear him. "Mare said a fair. Do you know what au one is in right now?" I asked Cross.

"Uhhh...I'm not sure. Let me check." He pulled out his phone and began looking it up. I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently. "There's one in Dancetale right now."

"Then away we go."

"Okay, okay."

Cross grabbed my hand and teleported us to Dancetale. We walked over to where there fair was set up near Snowdin. I walked a bit ahead of Cross. He got us some tickets at the entrance. They allowed us to go on rides and play some games. We decided to do some rides first. Cross wanted to go on a rollercoaster. It looked scary, but I can handle it. I think.

I could not handle it. I threw up after and Cross just stayed beside me. Once I recovered I thanked him and smiled a little. I noticed him blush a bit.

We went on some more calm rides after that before going to try and play some games. I won a couple little stuffed animals. A little dolphin and bird. Then I spotted one I really wanted.

Cross POV:

I noticed Night looking at something. I followed his gaze and saw him eyeing—or whatever because we don't have eyes—a large owl plushie. It was on a tough game though, at least for him. I could do it okay. I saw him get a bit upset.

"You good Night?" I asked.

"I want that owl, but I need a large prize and these two smalls to trade in. But I can't win a large on that game." He said, looking at the ground. He held the two stuffed animals he had now close. I hated seeing him like this. His adorable little face should never be upset.

"I'll win the large prize for you." I offered. Night lit up.

"Thank you." He said, that was probably the most genuine I've ever heard him sound. I smiled at him.

I went up to the person running it and offered to play. They nodded.

I ended up with a perfect score. They gave me the large prize and I handed it to Night. He walked up to the person and traded in his three prizes for the 'jumbo prize' owl. They handed it to him and he walked back over.

"Thank you Cross." Night said again. I felt my face heat up.

"N-no problem, Night!" I stuttered. He giggled. God, it sounded so cute. Night almost never giggles, so that was so sweet. "Want to get some food?"

"Sure! But hang on,..." I was confused as he went behind me. I tried to turn around, but Night stopped me. I felt the straps of my clothing making the X shape across my chest tighten a bit. He then came back around without the plush. And I connected the dots. "There. Now it's like it's our child." He laughed. I blushed more.

"Let's just go get food." I said, pulling my scarf up a bit.

Night held my hand as we waited in line. He said it was to not lose me. Then we sat in the shade beneath a tree to eat. Once we were done, Night got his owl plush from my back and held it as we went for a walk through Dancetale after. We sat on a cliff and looked down at Snowdin as the sun set. Once it was down, all the lights were really pretty. Night kept looking up. I wondered what he was looking at.

"Night? What're you looking at."

"Constellations." He replied. "Like that one. Ursa Major. The bear." He pointed into the sky. He took my hand and pointed it out. "Another one I like is Orion the Hunter but he's not visible right now. Reminds me of Dream. But I can't see Dream anymore."

"One day Boss will let you see him."

"I hope."

I wrapped an arm around the small skeleton. He didn't stop it, despite not liking being touched much. It wasn't a phobia like Error's, but he's just cautious about who's touching him. I heard him yawn. I stood up and picked up Night. He held the plush in between us. I kissed his skull. Night snuggled into my hood happily. He pulled himself back and looked at me.

"I like you." He said. I was about to ask him what he meant, but then he kissed me. I kissed back, much to the smaller's delight. He pulled away and smiled. Then he went back to snuggling into my hood.

I teleported us home. I walked in to find Boss waiting for us.

"I know you kissed him." He said.

"He kissed me." I defended. Boss glared. Night woke up and turned to his darker counterpart.

"I did. And I love him. Now let's go bed." He rested back down on my shoulder and clutching the owl plush. Boss backed off and let us go. That was unusual for him, but eh.

I brought Night to my room and put him in the bed. I got in beside him and spooned him from behind. Night seemed happy. And soon he was out like a light. I took off his crown for him and soon peppered the back of his skull with kisses. Night seemed to enjoy it in his sleep.

"I love you, little Moon." I know he didn't hear it, but I hope somehow he did. I noticed him smiling in his sleep.
I'll protect him. Now I know why Boss is so protective.
No one hurts this little cutie.

————————————————————————

1223 words