Ink and Pregnant(?)!Octopus!Nightmare - Please, for me?

I'm a little confused on this one. So we're just gonna roll with it. And no. He does not have Ink's child.

Also I put 'and' instead of 'x' bc this isn't exactly a ship chapter.

Requested by @ItzPuppyChan

Ink POV:

I work at an aquarium. I'm the person who feeds the aquatic animals. I had a new one today. They said it was an octopus. I walked up to the tank they said it was in. People were around looking at it. I looked into the tank and gasped. That was not an octopus. Well, it kind of was? It was a half-skeleton half-octopus thing. They looked really scared. They were cowering in their artificial cave. I climbed onto the top of the tank and opened the trapdoor on top. The octopus looked up at me right away. I waved to them. They still seemed scared. I tossed in some food for them. They immediately swam up and grabbed it. Eating it quickly. Gasps were heard from the crowd. I chuckled. They then went back to hiding in the cave. I hopped off the tank and watched them. They looked at me, seemingly trying to plead me to get the people away.

But there was nothing I could do. I gave him a sympathetic look and continued my route. I liked that creature. They were just scared. I'm going to come visit them after my second round of feeding after hours. Only for certain creatures though.

...

I hopped on top of the tank again and opened the hatch. I dropped some more food in and the tank. They came up and ate it. Then they poked their head out of the hatch.

"Whoa!" I said. I went to shut the hatch. The octopus stopped it and gave me a pleading look again. "Look. Can you understand me?" I asked. They nodded. "Can you talk?" They shook their head. "Can I be your friend?" They nodded. I smiled. They returned it.

...

I started spending all my extra time with the octopus. He couldn't talk but was quite nice. Then I soon realized he wasn't eating. He just stopped. I couldn't get him to come up anymore. Then I realized something. He may be a type of octopus that can only reproduce once. In their entire life. Those types die by their eggs just so that they can protect them. I closed the hatch and hopped off the tank to look at him. Nightmare was they name they gave him, but I don't really think it fits. Sure enough, he was curled around an egg. I knocked on the glass and he looked up at me. I waved. Nightmare waved back but stayed where he was. I sighed. Nightmare carefully uncurled himself from around his egg and swam over to me. He must've noticed my sad look, because he got my attention and blew a bubble ring at me. I chuckled. He knows I like his underwater tricks. He then swam up to the hatch and I climbed back up as well. I opened it and Nightmare peeked his head out.

"I know why you're not eating." I said. He shrugged. "But nothing can hurt your egg in there." Nightmare shook his head. He then swam back down and wrote something in the sand.

"This is my only chance for a child. I'm not taking any chances." He wrote. I sighed again as Nightmare came back up. He made a cute little noise to help cheer me up. I smiled a little and patted his goopy head.

"Can you please eat? For me?" Nightmare shook his head.

Then I got an idea that may help Nightmare eat. But I need scuba gear first.

Nightmare POV:

It's been a few days of not eating and I was getting pretty hungry. Any food that fell looked quite tempting. But no. I had to stay near my egg. They'd take it if they left. I only moved away after hours when Ink was there. I tried to cheer the poor guy up. He seemed upset about me not eating. I curled my tentacles around my egg. My baby. Then I heard someone enter the tank. I covered my egg with my tentacles and got ready to attack the intruder. When they came down, I realized it was just Ink. Why was he down here? He walked up to me and offered me food. I was about to take it when I stopped. This was a ploy! It had to be! He'll get me distracted then take egg! I screeched at him underwater and shoved him away with a tentacle. He swam back up and left. I saw him hop out off the tank.

Then I felt bad. I'd made the worker feel worse. But I needed to protect my egg. I looked at it proudly. I just wish it wasn't here.

...

More days went by and I kept trying to make Ink happy again. Like he was when we first met. But he just wouldn't cheer up. He would barely even smile at me anymore.

But that was a week ago. When I last talked to him. I've gotten so weak since then. So hungry. But I can't give up. I was laying on the sand in the bottom of the tank. My egg was once more hidden beneath my tentacles. I closed my eyes. I may be going soon. But at least my baby can live.

Then I smelt something near my face. It was food. I reached out and bit it. It tasted amazing. I opened my eyes and saw Ink again. He was feeding me. I was too weak to deny it. And it tasted amazing.

A few minutes later I felt a bit better. I smiled at the worker. He smiled back the best he could with the scuba gear. I hugged him. Then I looked at my egg again. It was the same as always. I picked it up gently and held it out to Ink. I wrapped a tentacle around him so he couldn't leave with it though. He held it gently too and admired it. I watched with happiness.

Ink had to feed me like that a few more times, much to my humiliation. But what else could I do?

Then the day came when my egg hatched. I went out and got the food, much to Ink's surprise. I ate part of it and brought the rest back to my child. They looked a lot like me. Ink walked into the cave and saw me with my kid. He gasped and smiled.

From then on, he was my child's adopted father. The kid never minded. And I didn't either. The staff did find it odd, but when he told them the story, they just found it cute.

———————————————————————

I hope this is what you wanted bc I have no idea what I just wrote-

1119 words