Mama Nootmare - Your New Little Brother

Requested by @Rorochan_2004o

3rd Person POV:

Cross sighed. He was trying to get his little siblings to stay put. He wasn't actually related to them, but they've all been through so much together that they consider each other siblings. Error was on the couch, curled up in the corner, holding a couple of his dolls. He was the only one that actually listened to Cross. Cross now had to wrangle Dust and Killer. He wanted them to behave because Nightmare, their guardian, said he was bringing back a surprise. Cross didn't want them ruining it by being rowdy.

Cross grabbed Dust's arm as he tried to run by.

"Cross!" Dust called.

"Come on! Nightmare may be back any second!"

"So what?"

"The surprise! I don't want to wait until tomorrow because of you!" Cross said. Dust rolled his eyes.

"No!" Dust wrenched his hand out of Cross's grip and ran off.

Cross let out an annoyed groan and walked over to the couch. He sat beside Error and was curled up as well.

"It's okay. Nightmare will get them to stop." Error said.

Cross sighed.

"But he won't be happy and will make us wait."

The door clicked and opened a few minutes later. Killer and Dust didn't stop running around. Cross looked at Nightmare and saw he had a baby carrier as he walked up to the couch.

Did he get them another sibling?

"Killer! Dust!" Nightmare called. "Sit down! I have something important to tell all of you."

The two came over and sat beside Cross. The four all looked at Nightmare, quite intrigued to see what's happening.

"Okay. I have adopted another child. You four now have another little sibling." He pulled the blanket in the carrier down farther, revealing a little babybones.

All the little skeletons cooed at the new baby, who woke up and looked around, very curious. Nightmare chuckled at his boys' silliness.

"This is Horror. He suffered a head injury incredibly early in his life. He's only three months old." Nightmare explained.

Nightmare placed the carrier on the ground and picked Horror up out of it, placing the baby skeleton in his lap. The others crowded around Nightmare and looked at Horror. Horror giggled seeing his new siblings.

"He's so cute." Cross said.

"I bet he's gonna get along with us!" Killer said, elbowing Dust, who laughed.

"What do you think, Error?" Cross asked, turning to the quiet skeleton. He was asleep behind Cross. Nightmare curled his tentacles around Error and rested his head on the tentacle, since it's comfier than the floor. Error is okay with Nightmare's touch because he trusts him.

"I think he's tired." Nightmare said.

Horror suddenly started crying. Nightmare sighed.

"I should get you all to bed. Come on." Nightmare said as he stood up. "You can visit more with Horror tomorrow. It's already 8:30."

The kids remaining awake groaned, but followed Nightmare.

He tucked them all in and said goodnight before heading back to his own room, that he set up to have a new kid join the family.

He sat down and got a bottle ready for Horror. Nightmare sat Horror on his lap and fed him, gently rubbing the baby's unbroken half of his skull.

"Welcome to family, Horror."

...

The next morning, Cross was awake before Nightmare. He walked down to the kitchen, and soon after Nightmare came out with Horror.

"Good morning, Cross." Nightmare yawned. Cross watched Nightmare prepare a bottle for Horror. Then he looked at Cross. "Want to feed him? I still have to wake your siblings."

"Sure."

Nightmare sat across in a chair and gave him Horror. The little skeleton smiled. Cross returned it. Nightmare helped Cross hold Horror with one hand then gave him the bottle. He showed Cross how to hold it so Horror could eat.

"There. Now just keep it there until he's done. I'll be back by then though. Thanks Criss-Cross." Nightmare patted Cross's head before leaving.

Cross smiled at Horror. Horror looked up at Cross with his red eye. He seemed happy. Nightmare soon returned with the others and took Horror back. Nightmare then answered questions about how and why he adopted Horror for the next couple of hours. Nightmare let all of them hold the babybones, except Error since he declined due to his phobia.

Nightmare spent the rest of the day with his kids.

He wouldn't have it any other way.

———————————————————————

739 words

Hope you like it! I like writing momma mare stories