Killermare - You Matter to Me.

Requested by @KillerLikesNightmare

Just in case- TW: Cutting and depression

Killer POV:

Lovely. I screwed up the mission. We lost the au to the Stars and now everyone's mad at me.

"Thanks a lot, Killer." Cross said, his voice filled with malice. I just kept my usual smile.

"We would've had it! If you weren't there to screw up everything like you always do! You're such a disappointment. Can't even help Horror fight Blue. The weak link." Dust hissed. I still smiled.

So what if they're upset? I'm used to it. I looked at Horror, he wouldn't meet my gaze, it was clear he was upset though. We walked to the meeting room, the others leaving me behind. We all knew Boss was going to shout at us. And they were going to blame me. I guess it was my fault after all. I couldn't help Horror beat Blue. I walked in and saw Nightmare sitting at his chair, seething. It was clear he was mad. I took my seat beside Dust, who probably wished he could stab me.

"How the hell did you fail." Nightmare suddenly said.

"It's Killer's fault." Dust said.

"I didn't ask who's fault it was. I asked how did you fail." Boss said, glaring at Dust.

"Blue took the upper hand he was given and won against Horror, then proceeded to take us all down." Cross explained.

"Who was against Blue as well?" Boss asked.

"Killer." Cross and Dust said together. Nightmare opened his mouth to say something, but Dust beat him to it.

"Killer can't do anything right. He's constantly stumbling against the Stars, he can't heal, can't aim, can't cook,- What use is he?! Throw him out."

My smile faltered for a split second then I realized and fixed it. Boss listened to Dust's rant and closed his eyes.

"That was unnecessary, Dust." Boss finally said. Dust scoffed and crossed his arms angrily. "Killer will stay. I did originally take you guys in to work for me. If this was still like that, I'd fire him. But that's not how it is anymore. Killer. Will. Stay." He ordered. He sighed. "Horror, begin dinner. Cross will help you tonight. Dust, Killer, you both have free time until dinner. You're all dismissed."

I hesitated a moment before getting up, leaving after the others. I glanced back at Boss, who was just sitting there with his eyes closed, clearly annoyed, probably at me.

I walked straight to my room and that's when I let my mask slip. I broke down in tears on my bed.

Why can't I do anything right?! Why can't I fight?! And why does Boss even want me around? I'm useless! Just like Dust said. I want to throw myself out.

Thanks to that, I have depression. Sometimes I don't come out for meals. I doubt they miss me or even notice I'm gone. If I don't come out for any though, someone always puts dinner outside my door. I assume it's Horror, by his own free will or by order from Boss I don't know.

I rolled over on my bed. I bet they'd be happier if I was gone. No more failures, no more saving me, and no more annoyance. Yeah...yeah they'd like that.

I summoned one of my knives and took off my jacket. Then I rolled up my sleeves, revealing my scarred arms. Not by fights, by me. I was punishing myself. Not like it did much. I sat up and moved to the edge of my bed. Then I took the knife in my right hand and brought it to my left wrist.

So close. So close to the end. And then they'll be happy.

Just like I do to others.

Just cut it.

I put the knife to my wrist and dragged it across my wrist, quite deep, drawing blood. A lot of blood.

Time for the other wrist.

Nightmare POV:

I was walking back to my office. I don't get it. Killer has so much potential, but he refuses to use it.

I stopped as I felt a big wave of negativity. It was Killer. His usual static monotone emotions changed to depressed ones. And these were the emotions of someone deep in depression. I immediately turned around and decided to go check on him.

I felt it getting worse, which caused me to end up running. I arrived at his door and knocked, not receiving a response.

"Killer I know you're in there." I said to the door. Still nothing. I tried to open the door, but he locked it. "Killer! Open the door!" I shouted. I felt his mood get worse, and I started panicking. I quickly teleported in, finally remembering I could.

I took one look and gasped. Killer was cutting his wrists...

I ran over and took the knife from him.

"We are having none of that." I said as I sat beside him.

I pulled the smaller skeleton onto my lap and took his wrists, beginning to heal them. Killer suddenly started sobbing lightly.

"Shh...it's okay. I'm not mad at you." I cooed to him.

"Why...? Why do you care?" He sobbed. "I'm a failure. I can't do anything right..."

"No, no." I nuzzled his skull. "That's not true."

"Why're you healing me? I'm not worth it..."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not! Everyone hates me!" Killer squirmed a little, making me wrap my tentacles around him too.

"I don't!" I said. That made him freeze. "Killer, you matter to me. A lot actually. Why do you think I haven't thrown you out? If I didn't like you, I wouldn't keep you around. I love you." I kissed Killer's skull.

He started crying harder. I pulled my hand away from his wrists as they were now fully healed. I kept whispering sweet things to him.

I needed to keep an eye on him for a while though. Just in case he tries anything like it again. I stood up with Killer in my arms, holding him bridal style. He's calmed down a lot by now.

"Why do you love me?" Killer asked quietly.

"You're so beautiful and nice. And you have potential. You just aren't using it. I know you can do better and I'll help you because...well...I care for you." I said to him. He smiled slightly.

We arrived at my room and I placed Killer on my bed.

"Just sleep for a bit, okay?" I then noticed he'd passed out. I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

I climbed into the bed and sat behind him. Then I spooned him. I felt Killer lean back into me.

"I love you." I whispered to the smaller.

"Hmph."

"Good enough.

———————————————————————

1123 words