DS Drink - Why Won't You Tell Me?!

Requested by @I__am__sleepy

Ink POV:

I woke up with a jolt, again. Another nightmare. I hid my face in my hands. This has been happening more frequently lately. I fall asleep, have an okay dream, then it escalates into a terrifying nightmare. And of course it's about my past.

It's fine though. I've dealt with them before, I can do it again.

I got up and walked out into the hall, it's still really late. Or early. I'm not sure. I looked at the floor and trudged to the kitchen.
As I walked in, I stopped when I saw Dream sitting there. He sensed me enter and turned to look at me.

"Ink? Why are up this early?" He asked worriedly. He got up and walked up to me.

"Nightmares...I'll be fine though."

I squeaked as he picked me up, walked over to the table, and set me down in a chair.

"Do you wish to talk about it?" Dream asked, cupping my cheek.

"Not really...it's nothing important." I said, looking down to the floor.

"Hmm...alright Inky." He pulled me close and kissed my forehead. I blushed a little.

I got up and left to go back to bed. Dream said goodnight before heading off himself.

...

Dream POV:

I sighed in annoyance. Ink has been having nightmares every night since I saw him in the kitchen. Every. Night. And he won't tell me! I've been trying and trying to get him to tell me but he just won't!
I was sitting at my desk, feeling Ink's emotions. He never had many, but he had a few right now. Mostly regret...What are those stupid nightmares about?! I just want to help!

I glared my wings and stood up, marching off to Ink's room angrily. I burst the door open and looked at him.

"What are your stupid nightmares about?!" I asked, quite harshly. Ink glared.

"Fine! You really wanna know, bird brain!" He said, standing up. "It's about my past! I was stupid! Stupid to go, stupid to leave Cross! And now he hates me! And it's all my fault!" He stomped on the ground. I just watched.

I walked up to him and hugged him. Ink tried to push me away, but I held him close with my wings too.

"You're sleep deprived. Please take a nap. We can more when you wake, without arguing. I'm sorry for shouting, I just wanted to know. I'll even sleep beside you."

"Really?" He asked, now beginning to lean again me.

"Really. I will not leave you, Ink." I kissed his skull.

I picked him up and laid down on his bed, spooning him from behind. Ink snuggled up to me and fell asleep quickly. I gently kissed his skull as he slept, keeping his nightmares away. The way he slept was actually very cute. He usually has a monotone, tired, expression. But now? He looks adorable and sweet. He's hate me if I said that when he wakes up. Eh whatever. He's still adorable. The prettiest little skeleton.

I'll protect him forever now. He's never sleeping alone again.

I drifted off to sleep, still hugging Ink close and protectively.

———————————————————————

531 words

This isn't great, I apologize. I have a headache and I'm bored. And yet decided to write right now. Anyway enjoy-