Killerink Part 2 - Defending His Love

Part 2 Requested by @Inkmare12

Killer POV:

Ink left as his shift ended. I waited in the dark. The one light hanging above my head. Then I heard the door open. Dream practically flew down the stairs.

"What?" He asked, confusing me. "Excuse me- is what you said true?!" He rephrased.

"...yeah." I replied. "If Boss isn't coming for me, why continue to work for him? He doesn't care." Dream smiled.

"I can tell you aren't lying, so I'll let you out. You can stay here. You just won't come with us when we go to stop Nightmare!" Dream undid the chain and we walked upstairs.

Ink hugged me as I came out.

"I can show you to your new room! Come on!" Ink dragged me upstairs and showed me to what I assume used to be their guest room.

We decorated it to my liking. I then flopped onto the bed. Ink laid down on top of me. I hugged him. I'm glad I can feel again. Recently, my soul had turned back into a heart instead of a target. Now it was just an upside down heart floating in front of my chest. I did miss the other bad guys a bit, especially Horror and Dust, as they were my best friends. But I know my relationship with at least Dust is gone. He's said multiple times that he hates traitors. He finds it waste of time and says 'If they've betrayed someone once, they'll do it again.' So I don't plan on staying his friend, but maybe I can convince Horror to stay friends. I held Ink close to me. At least he'll stay by my side.

"Hey Killer? I can tell you're thinking 'bout something." Ink said.

"I just kinda miss Horror and Dust." I said. "It's okay though. They didn't come for me. So I don't really think they cared." Ink hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry." He said. "At least you're here now." He smiled at me. I returned it.

"I've made TACOS!!" Blue's shout came from downstairs.

"Ooo!"

"Don't get excited. Blue's tacos are...odd." Ink explained.

"Oh."

We got up and went to go eat them. They were...something. I wasn't feeling that well afterwards. So Ink and I snuggled to make us feel better.

~A Few Months Later~

Ink and the other Stars were out fighting Boss-er—Nightmare. It feels weird to call him that. I got a panicked text from Ink suddenly.

I: Killer! Please get over here! We're getting destroyed by Nightmare and his team!

K: but what about me staying here?

I:Please? I'm not entirely sure if we can hold them off! Just this once? They'd have figured out eventually.

K:fine.

I shut them phone off and teleported there. I rammed straight into Cross. Nightmare then called a fall back order. I almost followed it out of habit. We stared straight at each other.

"Killer?" Nightmare asked, almost in disbelief. "There you are! Come on. We can destroy them right now-"

"No." Nightmare seemed taken aback by my reply.

"What do you mean no?"

"I quit working for you. I now work with them." I stated flatly. Nightmare stared in shock.

"I-" His voice seemed to have a hint of sadness? Probably some ploy to get me to come back. "Why?" His voice seemed to be straining something.

"You didn't come for me. None of you did." I replied coldly.

"We couldn't."

"Why?! The stars too scary?!"

"I couldn't access the au! And these guys can't find the base without alerting the stars!" Nightmare shot back. We glared at each other for a bit. "Fine. Enjoy your stupid goody two shoes life." He turned to rest of his team. "Anyone else want to leave while we're at it?" Horror and Dust shook their heads, Dust glared daggers at me. Cross looked sheepish. Nightmare focused on him. "Well Cross? Have something to admit?" Cross took a deep breath.

"Yes. I have been seeing Dream and I have an established relationship with him. I quit as well." And he walked off over to us. I had forgotten about Cross. Maybe we can be friends.

Nightmare looked at us. He wasn't glaring. He just seemed...defeated.

"Fine. Enjoy your stupid lives. I don't need you!" He shouted. "Come on. We're going home." He said to Horror and Dust. His voice cracked as he said home. He teleported away with them.

I turned back around to see Ink leaning on Blue. He was holding his side. I walked up to him and picked him up.

"Are you hurt? What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Dust got me right in the hip. I'll be okay." He hugged onto me.

"Let's go home." I said. I teleported us back home.

The others followed. I put Ink in his bed and got some bandages. I wrapped up his hip and laid beside him. Ink snuggled into my chest. I held him close, just in case anything happened, I'll be right here next to him.

The door opened and I saw Cross.

"Hey. I just wanted to apologize for...well everything. I hope you're happy with Ink. Truly."

"Same to you. And thank you. I see why Dream likes you." Cross chuckled and walked out. I rested my head atop Ink's. I heard him start to snore lightly. I chuckled. Cutie.

...

Ink POV:

A few months later, not much had happened. Nightmare hadn't attacked anymore aus. No one had. Not even Error. It meant I had more time with Killer so I wasn't that upset. But it was odd how they just...vanished. I sat with Killer on the couch, me in his lap drawing. I was drawing me, him, Cross, and Dream. Killer kissed my head, causing me to giggle.

Then there was a knock on the door. Cross opened it and there was a letter on the mat. He picked it up, sat on the couch, and opened it. Dream came in too.

"Oh. Nightmare apparently wants a truce now." He announced. He pulled out some papers. "He even sent the papers himself. They outline everything."

I smiled to myself. Maybe we can all be happy.

...

The treaty outlined a few things. Nightmare was surprisingly fair in his demands. He just asked that Dream, Killer, and Cross along with the other stars do not try to make amends with him nor Dust, per the insane—yet quite composed—skeleton's own request. We agreed. Now Horror was over here playing a video game with Killer. I was in Killer's lap while he played. It was cute to see him all focused. I would lean up and kiss his cheek to try and mess him up. Killer would then playfully smack me. I giggled and snuggled into his jacket.

What a happy ending. At least for some of us. Eh, who cares. I got happy ending, I'm happy. I kissed Killer's chin again.

"Inky- stooop." Killer whined. I just laughed. Horror began laughing too.

Life is good.

————————————————————————

1170 words