Bitty!Cross x Bitty ??? - Reunited

Cross POV:

I was in a little glass box on the back of a shelf. I was curled up in the corner angrily. Everyone I've ever sort of known, got adopted. But me. Apparently I'm not good enough. There was one. One bitty that I'd been friends with. I can't remember what he looks like now though. It was 3 years ago. We'd both been on this shelf, 'showcased' as the clerks call it, and neither of us were that happy. It started with me making faces at him. He eventually caved and made some back at me.
We became friends as neither of us got adopted for months. The clerks would always put us in the same boxes, so we never had to worry about not seeing each other. Well...until someone came in one day. They came right over and looked at my friend. And then they took him. They adopted him and left me. I watched the whole thing.
It burned itself into my mind.
Whenever another bitty tries to talk to me now, I refuse it. That broke my heart. He was my best friend.

I'm so mad that I forgot his name. I'm so mad that I forgot my only friend's name. I grabbed the blanket off my tiny little bed and wrapped it around me. Darkness might help my sadness.

I heard the bells on the door to the Center jingle, indicating someone walked in. I just curled up a little more.
I heard people walking around and decided to look up at them a bit. There were two skeletons. From what I could tell, one was an Ink au, the other one a Dream au. The Dream was showing the Ink around. They were both looking at bitties. I watched Ink. He looked at all the little skeletons. Then he made eye contact with me. I turned away. I looked back after a bit and he was looking at other bitties with Dream. I watched them. Soon Ink came back over and looked at me again. One of the clerks came over and before I knew it I was being picked up and placed in Ink's hand. I looked up and met his mis-matched eyes. One was a gold star and the other was a blue question mark.

"Hi little guy." He said. "How would you like to be adopted by me?" I just stared.

"If you think you'll be lonely or scared," Dream chimed in. "I have a bitty of my own you can be friends with."

I slowly nodded. Ink smiled and walked us towards the counter. Dream joined us with some things I guessed were for his bitty. We arrived at the counter and Ink placed me on it.

"Ah! Adopting Crossy here, I see?" The clerk said happily. I crossed my arms. I am not 'Crossy'. Soon Ink filled out all the papers. "Would you like to hold him or do you want a box?"

"I'll hold him." Ink said. He put his hand on the counter and I climbed on. He brought me up to his shoulder and I sat down on it. I held onto his scarf as he began walking back.

Ink waited for Dream to get his things and we wandered through the store.

"Soo...what do you like?" Ink asked as we waited.

"I like chocolate." I replied. "And chocolate milk. I don't like cows though." Ink chuckled. Dream walked back over with a little back of things.

"Hello Dreamy." Ink kissed Dream's cheek. 'Oh. So these two are together.' I assumed. Ink wrapped an arm around Dream's shoulders as they walked out.

Dream teleported us back to their house. I clung to Ink's scarf as he did. Ink placed me on the counter and  went to their pantry and grabbed me part of a chocolate bar. He broke a piece off and handed it to me. I took it and began eating it happily.

"Inky!" Dream called. "Can he meet Nighty now?" I turned to the positive guardian. That name sounded familiar. Ink moved me over to the coffee table in the living room in front of the couch. He gave me another piece of chocolate while we waited.

Soon Dream returned with his bitty. He placed the bitty on the counter in front of me and we looked at each other.

"Hi. I'm Cross." I said. He frowned at that and turned away. "Did I upset you? I'm sorry."