Afterdeath - There's No One Else I'd Rather Have

Requested by @Sophiemusicmaster14

Geno POV:

Is shot up in bed. I had a nightmare. About my past. Again. God. I was so weak. I couldn't beat the...thing and save anyone.

Why does Reaper have such an obsession with me? Let alone enough to have a kid. I rested my face in my hands and started crying.

Why does he like me?! I can't do anything. I got up out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I wanted to cry louder but didn't want to bother Reaper.

I kind of broke down when I entered the bathroom. The nightmare kind of highlighted everything I knew I did wrong.

I've always felt guilty about all of that. I know I could've won against the kid, but I didn't. Why? I do not know.

Why don't I know? Why didn't I do it?!

"Geno?" I heard Reaper's voice quietly call through the hall. I just curled up more against the bathtub. "Geeeno? Are you in the bathroom, love?" I watched the door open and Reaper peeked in. "Oh, Geno." He walked in and shut the door before sitting beside me. "What's wrong?"

"I...I had a nightmare about my au. I failed. I didn't win. I could've, but I didn't." I sobbed out. "Why are you with me? If I couldn't win that, how could I possibly protect our kid if someone threatened him?"

I felt Reaper hug me. I leaned into him and started sobbing again.

"Geno, you are the most amazing person I know. And the one I can touch. But that's not why I'm with you. I love you. You're an amazing skeleton and there's nobody else I'd rather have. I love you for you. And guess what. If someone ever did threaten our baby, you'd kill then faster than I could blink. What happened wasn't your fault. So please stop blaming yourself, love." Reaper told me sweetly. "Now do you want to go cuddle and watch and relax?" I nodded on his shoulder.

"Can we watch a movie too?"

"Of course."

Reaper picked me up and carried me back to our room. We cuddled and he peppered my skull with kisses. This was Reaper's way of saying, 'I love you, Geno.' I sighed and buried my face in his chest. I wasn't usually the most affectionate person, but I was when upset. Reaper held me close, whispering sweet things to me.

"There's no one else I'd rather have, Geno." Was the one that made me the most happy.

Maybe he's right.

Maybe I'm not a weakling. At least not with Reaper beside me.

———————————————————————

436 words

I hope you like it! Sorry that it's short. I didn't really know how to elongate it. :^