Killerink - You're Like Me.

Requested by @Tired_Simp_

Ink POV:

We managed to catch Killer. I was a bit surprised. And since Killer is Nightmare's right hand man, we could use him as a bargaining chip. Dream still doesn't like that idea. He just wants to get information from Killer. Boring. Blue's shift of watching Killer was almost over, and I had to take over after. I didn't want to. That was boring. Ask him some questions, make sure he doesn't escape, blah blah blah. Dream doesn't want to do anything to him either. He doesn't want to use him as a bargaining chip and he doesn't want to hurt him. What is he planning? Make Killer join our side? That's stupid.
I opened the door to the basement and met Blue at the bottom of the stairs. We talked for a moment and I hopped off the last stair and walked over to Killer.
He was sitting on the ground, one leg chained to the wall, still smiling his insane smile. I sat down just out of his reach. The chain had a magic blocking metal built into it, so Killer couldn't hurt me. I looked at him. And into his lightless eyes.

"So." I started. Killer didn't move. "Is Nightmare planning something?"

He still didn't move. I almost thought he was dead. My eyes drifted down to his soul. A target floating outside his chest. How did it become like that? It has to have something to do with...him. We sat in an odd silence.

"Ever feel bad for killing?" I eventually asked.

"No." The simple reply made me jump. He barely moved, just said one word.

"Ever feel happy?"

"No."

"Do you ever feel?"

".........no." I laughed. That caused him to turn to look at me. Maybe he wasn't? It's hard to tell since he has no eye lights. "What's so funny?"

"You..." I paused to breath. "You're just like me."

"How? You have emotions."

"Not true ones. Mine are artificial! From my vials. Without them I'm a sad shell of a person. Like you."

We went back to silence.

"Can I try your vials?"

"They won't work for you." I explained. "You're problem is your soul. Mine is that I don't have a soul."

"Oh."

Silence. Again.

"Want me to try and fix your soul?"

"Don't hurt it."

I scooted into the emotionless skeleton's reach. I gently took his soul into my hands.

...

Killer POV:

It didn't work. Ink got frustrated and stomped on the ground. He puffed his cheeks out angrily. That looked adorable in a way. I felt my face heat up the slightest bit.
Did I just feel something? For the Protector? Ink continued wandering around suggesting ideas before sitting back in front of me. His eyes weren't changing anymore. They were now just white slits.

"You good?" I decided to ask. He stared at me before shaking his head slightly. He was like a statue. "Gonna take your..." I glanced at his sash of...Vials! "Vials?"

"Okay." He stood up and walked to the corner to take them.

He came back a couple minutes later, apologizing for what just happened. I didn't care. He sat beside me and we just talked. It was nice. He wasn't constantly asking me questions about Nightmare like Dream and wasn't just staring like Blue.

He was treating me like an actual person-er-Monster.

~A Few Days Later~

It was no secret Ink had been taking as many shifts as possible. He was down here every other time. I liked him. He Mae be able to feel things. Happiness, love, a bit of anger, sadness. And I helped him with his vials. Not taking too much of one or straight up neglecting to take one.

I rested my head on his shoulder as we sat down in the scarcely lit basement.

"Boss isn't coming for me, is he?" I asked.

"I don't know. Doesn't seem like it." Ink replied.

"That's okay. I have you. You're a better friend than the others anyway."

"Really? Would you ever consider joining us?"

"No. But I wouldn't mind being here and staying out of fights."

"Can I tell Dream?"

"When your shift ends. Right now I'm comfy."

Ink squealed like a child and hugged me.

"Thank you!" I melted into his hug and rested on his chest.

I felt safe.

That's something I don't think I've ever felt.

————————————————————————

734 words