Fluffydream - Bird in a Cage

This is kinda a Royal au. Dream being the royalty. I used a prompt generator for it lol.

3rd Person POV:

The Kingdom was anxiously waiting for the eldest prince to choose a bride. The eldest prince, Dream, kept turning down every suitor he met. They came from far and wide, trying everything to win the prince's hand in marriage. Nothing worked. He'd turn every suitor down in less than a day.

It was really starting to frustrate the Queen, Nim. She'd tried everything to get him to choose someone, even sending the younger prince to talk to him.
Nim was at her wits end. She needed her son to marry and quickly. So she summoned a well known sorcerer to her throne room.

The sorcerer stumbled in, losing his balance for a moment but catching it and walking in. He walked up to Nim and bowed, even getting down onto one knee.

"Your highness. Sorcerer Dust at your service." He said. He was a man of few words.

The Queen shooed the few knights in the room out and shy all the curtains. She locked the doors and hustled around some more. Dust waited patiently and stared at the floor. He was perfectly still. So still, he could easily be mistaken for a statue. The Queen walked back up to him and stood right in front of him.

"Stand, Sorcerer."

Dust quickly stood up and looked up at her, his usual monotone expression present.

"You tell no one of the mission I am about to give. Do you understand?" Dust nodded. "You know how Dream refuses to choose a suitor? Well I'm going to have you make a potion that makes him fall in love with the next suitor. This next one is a well known beautiful Princess that came from a very wealthy kingdom. It would be perfect for him, if he ever got his head out of the clouds. You sorcerers can make potions correct? Make a love potion." Nim said, all while glaring down at him.

"Your highness, in order for that to work, she must be the first person he sees. Unless you want an issue with a knight or maid." Dust said flatly.

"Ugh..." Nim thought for a moment. "The princess is arriving in two days. Come back in a disguise. I will grant you access. I just want my son to get his head on straight. I will pay you handsomely for this once my son marries."

"I require half up front." Dust nodded and began to walk out.

Nim sat back on her throne and Dust unlocked the door and opened the curtains silently with magic.

"A quarter up front?" The Queen offered. That gave Dust an idea.

"You know what? Sure. I'll take a quarter up front and take your word." He smirked.

He got his money and walked out.
He had a plan now. And it was going to be easy to fulfill.

...

A few days had passed and Dust was dressed as a tailor. He shapeshifted into the royal tailor themself just so that he could get in easier. The guards let him in without batting an eye. Dust avoided the Queen, which was easy since he didn't look like himself. He got into the hall and began walking toward the eldest Prince's room. It wasn't hard to find, since it had a sun on it.
Was about to knock when the younger prince came by.
"He's not in there." Nightmare said, walking to his own room, which was right beside Dream's.

"How do you know?" Dust asked, forgetting to disguise his voice.

Nightmare looked very confused and Dust quickly knocked anyway, turning to the door. Nightmare just went into his own room, Dust heard the door click and he knew that he'd locked it. Good. Now he'll know if the young prince is about to come out again. He didn't get a response when he knocked. So he did again. The prince had to be in here. That's where the guards said he was. He heard a little commotion.