Fluffymare - Adorable Waiter

Requested by @Cl0udpuff_87

Nightmare POV:

I have nothing for my idiots to do today. That's actually a first. I can usually send them on useless missions, but today I don't have anything. I don't even have any paperwork today. What is with today...?

I walked out of my office and made my way downstairs to check on the idiots. They're usually doing something stupid anyway. I walked to the living room, they're favorite place. They were all there.

"Hey!" I called, startling them. "What do you failures want to do today?"

"Wow." Killer said. "The big boss doesn't have any missions today?"

"No. Now you better watch your words before you go flying into the wall." I said.

"There's a café in an au called Fluffytale I heard was supposed to be good." Cross chimed in.

"That is the dumbest-"

"We'll go there." I said, cutting Killer off. He looked at me, very confused.

I went back up to my office to grab my wallet, then I came back down.

"Well this gonna be boring. Good choice Cross." Killer sneered.

"He agreed! I didn't expect him to!" Cross defended.

"Kills, calm down. Maybe it'll be fun." Dust chimed in.

"What are you idiots arriving about now?" I asked, knowing completely what they were arguing about.

"Nothing." Killer replied for everyone. I rolled my eye.

"Alright, let's get going."

...

We walked up to the cafe.

"If any of you embarrass me, you will not sleep for a month." I warned. They nodded.

We entered and sat down. Killer began talking with Dust and Horror while Cross played on his phone. I looked over to the Waiter. He was making another drink for someone. I noticed he had a cat on his shoulders. A cat that seemed suspiciously similar to Dream. It jumped down as the waiter walked out with the drink and brought it to a table with a monster sitting there. Then he began walking over. I turned away to seem like I wasn't staring.

"Hello gentlemen! What can I get you?" He asked.

I ordered a black coffee and zoned out as the others ordered. The waiter had a name tag. Ccino. Why is it spelled like that? He walked off, surprising me. Excuse you, I was staring at you- no. That sounds wrong. But still. I watched him as he went back. He was alluring in a way.

...

I ended up going back day after day, usually alone. Ccino started recognizing me. He was quite nice. I usually came in right before he closed and we'd sit and talk until well after he closed.

There was just something about the stupid waiter that made him so...adorable. Everything he did. The way he walked, how he made things, his stupidly adorable laugh... why am I falling in love...? Never mind. I know why.

He's just...perfect. He's never seemed scared of me but seems to know who I am.

"Nightmare!" I flinched back to reality hearing Ccino shout my name.

"Oh sorry."

"It's fine." He said with a smile. He stretched his arms across the small table and grabbed my hand. Then he giggled. I blushed and looked away. "Night? You okay?"

Ccino POV:

Nightmare doesn't usually do that. I felt his hand wrap around one of mine. I smiled.

"Ccino,..." Nightmare trailed off. I looked at him.

"I..." Nightmare mumbled the rest.

"You need to speak up, Night." I said.

"I think I'm in love with you..." He said quietly.

I felt my face heat up. Nightmare continued to look away, but I could tell he was blushing.

"Me too." I said, Nightmare turned back to me. "Something. Something about you and you're love of black coffee is just so...funny. I love that about you and you're silliness."

"Silliness?"

"Yep. You're always doing silly things with your team and to get me to see it. Don't think I didn't see that!" Nightmare blushed and looked away again.

"You...jerk." I gasped dramatically.

"That's not how you should refer to someone you love!"

"That's how I show love, idiot!" He said snarkily.

"Hmph."

"Look. I'll try not to insult you, Waiter. Is that better?"

"Yeah." I pulled Nightmare's hand up to me and kissed it. He smiled softly.

"I love you."

"I love you too, you goopy octopus." Nightmare gasped.

"Hey!! We've been over this! I'm not an octopus!"

"Sureeeee."

———————————————————————

733 words

Hope you like it. :)