Dreamswap Inkmare - You're Dumb And Require Protection

Requested by @CrystalMoon_2011

Nightmare POV:

Well that failed. We'd attempted to prank the JR and our great escape failed, causing me and Cross to get caught. Error managed to get away though, so I wasn't too worried. So now we were getting dragged back to the palace.

"So...what exactly went wrong?" Cross whispered.

"A lot of things." I chuckled. "Mostly we were too slow."

"Shush." One of the guards said. I rolled my eyes.

"Error will get us. We'll be good." I told Cross, who smiled.

"I said shush!" The guard said.

"No. If I'm going end up dead I'm going to get my energy out!" I said loudly, tugging on the hands holding my arms.

"Shut up before we make you!" Another guard was threatening to knock me out with a spear.

"Okay-." I squeaked quietly. Cross stifled back a laugh.

We eventually made it to dungeon. They put me in one near the back and Cross in one as far away as possible. I know why they put me in the back. I yell a lot. I went up to the bars and saw there wasn't currently a guard. 'Switching posts.' I realized. I tried to push the door open, but it was very much locked.

"Let us out!" I yelled to the empty dungeon.

"Night, there's no one in here right now." Cross's voice came from his cell.

"That's the point!" I called back.

We heard the door open and footsteps enter. They came towards my cell and I scooted back. It had to be Dream. And he's already coming to kill me. But it wasn't. The person stopped in front of my cell. It was...Ink.

"Nightmare don't trust a word he says! He's a lier!" Cross called.

"Shut it." Ink said calmly.

"I will not!" Cross called back.

Ink sighed and walked over to Cross. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but Cross was quiet when Ink walked back over.

"What did you do to him?" I asked.

"Just talked some sense into him." Ink replied. "Now. Boss is currently debating what to do with you. But I have a question. How'd you get caught? You three are usually quite good at escapes."

"We were too busy doing stuff and were too slow." I said. "Is Dream going to kill me? Soon?" I asked. Ink's expression softened for a moment.

"He's...Uhm..." He trailed off.

I curled up and hugged my knees. Error better get here soon.

Ink POV:

I felt bad for the negative guardian. I felt bad. That's something that doesn't usually happen.

"Look." I started. Nightmare looked up at me. "I'm going to do something that I definitely shouldn't." I looked toward Cross. "I'm going to get your monochrome friend out." Nightmare perked up. "But. You have to stay here. I'll keep you alive and you stay near me."

"How would you keep me alive?" He asked. I thought for a moment.

"I can hide you. Dream has trouble telling what I'm feeling half the time."

"What are you planning to do with me?" I smiled.

"Just care for you." I replied sweetly. "Deal? You don't have much time. Boss said he'd be done by the end of the day."