DS Crink - I Don't Need Help! (Part 2)

Requested by @Inkmare12
Original Requestor - @I__am__sleepy

Ink POV:

I feel bad now. Cross has been so nice even though I left him all those years ago. I was currently sitting on their couch with Cross beside me. My leg was still healing, all my failed attempts at getting the bear trap off really hurt it. Suddenly Nightmare came in and dropped my phone in my lap.

"My brother's freaking out." Was all he said before running back off, calling for Error.

I looked at my phone and unlocked it. I had about twenty missed calls from Dream and even more texts. Cross looked over.

"Dream really cares for you, huh?" He commented.

"I guess. What am I supposed to tell him?"

"I've been kidnapped." Cross joked.

"Pfft- he'd probably come murder you then. And me probably for getting kidnapped." Cross laughed at that. I looked down at my leg, still wrapped up in bandages now that we made it back to the makeshift base. Which is really just a shack with essentials. "Thanks again."

"Ink you don't need to keep apologizing. It's okay." Cross leaned on my shoulder and rested there. I smiled.

I do regret leaving him behind now. I never realized how nice he was. I rested my head on his and began dozing off.

...

A few weeks later my leg was doing better. I was walking back through the forest again with Cross.

"So, what's your obsession with memes?" I asked. Cross laughed a bit nervously.

"Well Nightmare first showed them to me and I got hooked. Blame him."

"Alright I will."

I heard some bushes swaying beside us. I pulled my knife out and pointed it at them.

Then strings came flying out of the bush. Blue. I tried to cut them, but Blue just tied my wrists together as he emerged from the bush. He tied Cross up.

"Well, well, well. I not only found Dream's right hand man, but he was walking with the enemy! Oh! Lucky day!" Blue laughed childishly. "I get to expose you." Blue came right up to my face. "And then, Dream will like me more and I'll be the right hand man! And you'll both die." I glared at Blue.

"How do you plan to prove it to him, hotshot? You've got no proof."

"I was filming you guys for the last three miles. And. I got you both laughing. You don't laugh with prisoners, Ink."

"Look, can't we just let me go and-" Cross began, but Blue wrapped strings around his skull to form a gag to stop him from talking.

He pulled us both up and did the same to me. This jerk. We never liked each other but I thought we were on good enough terms to have each other's backs. I should've lied and said I was taking Cross by surprise and was about to apprehend him.

Blue threw us in cells in opposite sides of the dungeon. I need to lie my way out of here to Dream.

...

My cell door flung open, revealing a very angry Dream.

"What the fuck were you doing? You have once chance to explain, Ink." He demanded.

"Okay, Boss. I got my leg stuck in an old bear trap and Cross helped me out and the meme squad let me stay with them to heal. I was walking with Cross and I was planning to apprehend him, but Blue jumped out and wouldn't let me explain."

I looked at Dream seriously. I hoped he would believe me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, walking out of the room.

"You don't get to leave for any missions for the next month. And you are on thin ice, Ink." I nodded.

Too bad this is all a lie.

Cross POV:

Did...did he mean that? He sounded like he did. I actually thought he was sorry. Why is always lying to me?

Am I just that annoying to him? That worthless?

I started crying and sat on the floor of the cell, very sad.

...

It was the dead of night about a week later when I heard my cell door opening. I opened my eyes and couldn't see.

"Come on Cross, we gotta go."

Ink?!

I kicked him away as my eyes adjusted.

"Get away! Stop lying to me!" I shouted

"Cross I needed to get out of there to get to you."

"No! You're gonna leave me again!" Ink sighed and grabbed my jacket. "I can't go through that again. You broke my heart." Ink looked shocked for a second, then angry.

"Well let me fix it!" He pulled me into an aggressive kiss. I gripped his shoulders and kissed back. Ink pulled away. "Better?"

"A little."

"Well let's get out of here so I can take you on a date."

I laughed. Ink and I ran out of the dungeon with Ink saying he had orders to move me. We ran all the way back to the shack once more.

Nightmare was not happy, accusing Ink of getting me captured. We had to explain everything to him. Which he reluctantly accepted.

Ink did take me on that date. It was beautiful. He promised me he'll never abandon me again.

I believed him this time.

———————————————————————

875 words

I feel like Cross is a teenager with mood-swings in this- oops.