Afterdust - Screw Memories

Requested by @Gangstergay
Human au

Dust POV:

Everything is going wrong. Not like that doesn't happen everyday, but today it seemed a lot worse. I curled up under my blanket and shut my eyes tight.
If you can't see it, it can't trigger the memories. The bloody, regretful, tearstained memories. These stupid clothes. They trigger it. I'm still wearing the clothes stained with the blood of my family. My family. That I murdered.

I felt someone pick me up off my bed. Then we teleported somewhere else, I recognized the flash, and then they placed me on the floor. I kept my eyes shut. I am not doing that again.

Too much pain.

But I saved them right?

...right?

"...Dust!" I opened my eyes and quickly peeked out of my blanket. I was in Geno's house. And Geno called my name. "Are you okay?" He asked gently. I shook my head.

"E-Everytime I see my clothes..." I paused to take a few breaths. "It triggers the memories. The..." Geno patted my head.

"Well...it's sounds to me like you need new clothes. Want to wear some of mine until we buy you some? We can go today if you like."

"Yes!" I accepted.

Geno gave me a dark grey sweatshirt and some black shorts. It didn't make me burst into tears, so I think it's okay.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded.

Geno POV:

I smiled at Dust. I know a bit of how he feels. Losing everyone he loved. Not by my hand though. I took his hand and he smiled too.

We left to the mall and arrived at around noon. So we picked up some lunch and went off to the clothing stores.

"Alright Dust, just choose whatever you like. Just don't make yourself trigger any memories. You don't deserve that." I said to him. He nodded slightly.

"But I...I don't know what I like..." Dust admitted quietly.

"That's okay. Let's find some stuff you do." He smiled at me again.

We went off and looked around through stores. It took Dust a while to find anything he may like, but that's okay.
He eventually found a couple things he liked that didn't trigger any memories. A black sweatshirt, some jeans, and a white shirt with a black cat on it. We went up to the register and I paid, much to Dust's dismay. He insisted he could pay for himself, but I said no.

As we were walking back out of the mall, Dust turned to me.

"Thanks Gen, I...just thanks." He said.

"No problem! As long as your happy, okay?"

"Yeah..." Dust put his arm around my shoulders. "What about you?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you happy?"

"Yep!" That was an honest reply. I was.

"That's good." It seems Dust could tell.

We walked out together and I looked at him. He seems a lot calmer than before. Good for him.

Good for him.

———————————————————————

491 words

This probably wasn't exactly what you wanted, so...sorry 'bout that.