Crossberry - A Place to Stay

Requested by @vextur

Cross POV:

Stupid Underswap. Stupid mission. Stupid everything! Blue has everything he could ever want here. A home, friends,...a brother. I lost all of mine. I stood in the forest outside of Underswap's Snowdin. I know I'm supposed to be causing havoc and making the au negative, but I just can't. Blue hast done anything. Why shouldn't he be happy? He's even part of the Star Sanses. He's got everything. And I have nothing.

I got really upset at that thought. 'Why does Blue get it all? Why can't I?!' I punched a tree out of pure anger and envy.

I regretted it as pain shot through my hand. I shouted angrily and fell into the ground. I stood back up after a moment, still holding my hand. I sent a crack up the back of my hand and up my ring finger a bit. I started crying a little as I walked through the forest.

Blue POV:

I was patrolling along the path when I heard a shout. 'Who's so upset? I have to help them!' I thought. I ran to where I heard the shout. I reached the area, but didn't see anyone. Then I heard soft crying. I followed the sound.

After a bit I found Cross sitting on a log crying. 'What happened to him?' I wondered.

I noticed he was holding his hand. He was muttering too.

"Why did I lose everything?" Oh right, his au. I feel quite bad for him. "Blue has everything. Why can't I?"

The poor guy. He misses his au. Maybe I could...well Paps wouldn't like it. But he needs somewhere to stay. Somewhere without someone manipulating him.

"H-hey Cross?" I asked, peeking out from behind my tree. The guard looked right at me. He summoned his sword, but in his left hand. He was holding his right, did he injure it?

"G-get away! I-I-I don't wanna hurt y-you." He stammered. He had purple tears streaming down his face.

"Well I want to help you!" I told him.

"How?! I'm d-doing completely fine! I sh-should kill you right now!"

"I'll let you stay here." I said quickly. Cross froze.

"You-You're lying!"

"No. I want to help you!"

Cross looked more upset, if possible.

"I don't deserve a place to stay. I'm a killer." He said.

"Not by choice." He looked at me sideways. "You thought going with Nightmare was your only option. It isn't. Come with me. I'll help you." I held my hand out to the former royal guard.

He broke down crying and fell onto the snow. I ran up to him. 'What do I do?!' I thought frantically. I quickly fell onto my knees and hugged him. Cross looked up and it soon changed to him crying in my arms. I held him close to me.

"You're safe now. I'll help you." I told him. He soon calmed down to just sniffling.

I walked us back home, hold his hand. He seemed to have a purple hue spreading across his cheek bones now. It took some convincing before Papyrus let us in, but he inevitably did. He left a few minutes later to do something. I sat Cross on the couch. I was about to go make tacos, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Stay." He said. "I want cuddles." He mumbled it so quietly I almost didn't catch it. A blue blush exploded across my face.

I walked up to him and sat beside him. Cross laid down on my lap. I started petting his skull lovingly.

"Thank you Blue." He muttered.

"No problem Crossy!" I said. He blushed again.

Soon he fell asleep on my lap, holding my hand on his face. I leaned down and kissed his skull. He started fidgeting in his sleep having a nightmare. I laid down as well and he hugged onto me for dear life like a teddy bear.

"Don't leave me." He said in his sleep.

"I won't. You're safe now." I whispered to him. He calmed down as I continued whispering to him.

You're safe now Cross. I'll always make sure you stay that way.

————————————————————————

700 words