DS Crink - I Don't Need Help!

Requested by @I__am__sleepy

Ink POV:

Stupid patrols in old forests. They aren't here and they aren't gonna be. And yet, Boss still thinks his stupid brother is smarter than he is. I sighed. I still have a lot of this patrol left too. This is gonna be boring. Like all the patrols since the trio of idiots figured out where we patrol.

I walked along the worn path, watching birds fly above me. It was calming. It was beginning to get late.

I then stepped in something weird. I looked down right as I heard it move and bite my leg. I screamed. It was a bear trap. One of the ones we'd set up to try to catch the meme squad awhile ago. My breathing sped up as a I leaned on my other leg and crouched down to try and get it off. I could feel my leg throbbing as the bear trap kept clamping down. I tried to pry the trap open, but because I'd started sweating due to the pain, the trap slipped out of my hands and bit my leg again. I shouted out my pain. I kept trying and it kept slipping.

"Ink?"

Well. Crap.

I know that voice.

Cross.

I fell back out of my crouching position and whipped around the most face him.

"Ink, are you okay?" Cross asked.

"Im fine! Now scram!" I shouted. I probably didn't look very threatening right now.

"No you aren't." He walked in front of me.

I pulled a knife out and reared back, ready to throw it at Cross. I stared at him. If I let him help me, he's gonna hurt me. Vengeance for me leaving him behind before.

"Cross! Did you- oh. I guess you did." I whipped around and saw the rest of the meme squad.

"Scram!! I don't need help!" I yelled. "If any of you approach, he's getting a knife to the chest!" I threatened, gesturing to Cross.

The pain was finally getting to me and I teared up. And that made me madder.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed. I looked back up at Cross who was now crouching in front of me.

"Please..."

Cross POV:

"Please..." Ink said quietly.

I sighed and scooted back a bit. I also gestured to Night and Error to back away as well.

"Ink...I'm not going to hurt you. Please let me help." I said.

"No! I don't need your help! I-I'm fine! Leave me alone!" Ink was now crying. And due to the crying, he was hyperventilating. His and with the knife fell to the ground. He tried to pry the bear trap off again himself, but it slipped again and made him cry out in pain as it clamped into his shin again.

I tried to crawl closer, but Ink glared at me.

"Back. Off." He tried to sound threatening, but it was filled with pain. I grabbed one of the jaws of the bear trap, but Ink slapped my hand away. "I said I didn't need your help."

"And I never said I'd listen." I looked up and met Ink's watery eye sockets. "Look, I know you think I want revenge. I know you think I'm gonna hurt you. But I'm not. Yes I'm mad that you left me, but I won't hurt you. Can you trust me?"

Ink shut his eyes, causing another round of tears to fall. He clutched onto the knife he had, but didn't move. I saw his grip on it loosen and he put it away.

"...fine." He finally muttered.

I called the other two back over and felt Ink tense up. I pulled the bear trap's jaws apart and Nightmare yanked Ink back out of its grasp. Ink tried to get up but I shoved him back down. He struggled and I hugged him, more like laying on him, leaving his leg open for Error to wrap it up.

"Just trust me, Ink. It's fine." I felt him hesitantly hug me back.

Once Error was done, I got up and helped Ink up.

"Okay. I can head back from here." Ink said.

"No." I said. Nightmare grabbed Error's hand and ran ahead. "You're staying with us until you're better."

"But-"

"You're not leaving me again, especially when you're the one hurting for it. Also, Dream would know where the strings came from and he upset."

"Good point." I walked slowly as Ink hopped alongside me.

We both watched for bear traps as we walked to the makeshift base.

———————————————————————

754 words