Crink - Thunder

Requested by @Tired_Simp_

Cross POV:

I leaned my head on Ink's shoulder. We were watching a movie at his house. I may have to stay the night as there were chances of a thunderstorm. I prefer not to be electrocuted. Ink was doodling and watching the movie since he can't sit still very well. We were sitting under a blanket together, mostly just enjoying each other's presence. I wasn't paying that much attention to the movie either. I was watching what Ink was doodling in the dark. It was a dragon.

Then the unmistakable boom of thunder rolled by.

I felt Ink tense up and then freak out. I froze up as he threw his sketchbook and pencil and took all of the blankets and hid under them. I came back to reality and looked at him.

"Inky? You okay?" I patted where the Protector's head was. He whimpered. "Inky..." I leaned down and uncovered his head. He sat up quickly. "Are you scared of the thunder?" Ink gave me a fake fine look.

"Nope! I'm fine!" I looked at him. His eye lights betrayed him. They were the shapes they are when he's scared. A purple rhombus and a dark blue circle.

"Ink, your eye lights betray you." I said. His fake smile dropped and he turned away. "Are you scared of the thunder?" I asked again.

"Y-yes." Ink mumbled.

Just then, another wave of thunder crashed by.

Ink clung to my waist. I patted his head. I pulled him up so he could rest his head on my shoulder and I could hug him properly. He shoved his face into my hood.

"Cross please..."

"Shhh...It's okay Ink." I pulled him off my shoulder and placed him in my lap in a protective way. He smiled weakly. "Let's just watch our movie. I'll protect you."

Ink took a few deep breaths and his eye lights returned to his normal golden star and light blue square. I took the blanket off of him and wrapped it around myself, confusing Ink. I then took my sweatshirt off, with all the hassle of the stupid fabric making the 'X' shape. Ink laughed at me. I then wrapped him up in the jacket, much to his delight.

As more thunder rolled by, Ink snuggled into my arms for comfort. I won't lie, I really liked it. I felt like I was actually protecting the Protector himself. He definitely didn't seem to be objecting.

Soon it reached midnight and the storm was still going strong. I was getting sleepy. Ink was all hidden in my jacket so I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not. I gently picked him up and walked us up to his room. I placed him in his bed and laid down beside him. I pulled the little Artist to my chest. I heard him giggle and snuggle closer.

"You weren't asleep! You just wanted me to carry you!" I accused. Ink giggled like a little kid.

"Mayyyyybeeee." He said. "Please stay still though. I feel safe."

As if on cue, yet another wave of thunder crashed by.

Ink barely flinched and just hugged me.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too. You scaredy Artist."

"Hey!!"

———————————————————————

541 words

Sorry it's short, I am struggling with ideas currently.