Chapter 10 Zhou's mother and son

The Zhou family's house is at the end of Huangxi Village, in front of the small bamboo forest near Shanghou Mountain.

In the yard of Zhou's house, Aunt Zhou was chatting with Aunt Ding in the village while rubbing her son's sprained foot and playing medicinal wine.

It's just a small talk, but in fact, I heard Aunt Ding's talk about Huo Daniu's madness today.

This Aunt Ding is a well-known gossip aunt in the village. She is not bad, but she likes to gossip and gossip. She usually gets along with Aunt Zhou just fine. Just after watching the lively events at the door of Huo's house, she came to Zhou's house to chat.

Thinking of what happened at the door of Huo's house just now, Aunt Ding, who likes to watch the fun, still has lingering fears.

"...Sister Dahua, you didn't see what Huo Daniu looks like today. I usually say that this guy is so big blind and a useless waste, but today you guess how ruthless the guy is? It's so long With a knife, he chopped two knives on the leg of the fat man in the casino without blinking his eyes, and the blood was dripping all over the floor, it was really scary!"

"Really? Huo Daniu is like this Bloody?"

Aunt Zhou still doesn't believe it, she still doesn't know what Huo Daniu is, if she is so bloody, she can still be chased by her old ladies and run around?

Zhou Weibai was helped by his mother to wipe off the beaten medicine, and was surprised and curious to hear the news.

"No, that guy is more than ruthless, he even dares to be fierce to the patriarch! It's a pity that you didn't see it with your own eyes today, Sister Dahua, Huo Daniu is like this, if you compare the knives, then the Liao family's elders and several clan elders will be I'm scared to pee, those pants are wet, hahaha..."

When someone listened to their own gossip, Aunt Ding spoke more vigorously, dancing and gesturing, and a little gloating.

"However, although Huo Daniu is quite fierce today, I think he did a good job today. The Liao family is really inauthentic. I didn't think that the daughter of the Liao family is usually weak and well-behaved. It is possible to do shameless things like children. The Huo family's marriage contract has not been dissolved. This is simply a shame for the Huo family's ancestors. Then the Liao family's husband and wife don't feel ashamed. It's too dark for one stroke."

"And those old people in the clan, who usually know how to hold a high reputation, bah, I've encountered a tough stubble today, I'm afraid they won't dare to go out for a few days. Sister Dahua, that fellow is more powerful than you used to scare those old people, you should be careful recently, your family had a lot of grudges with him before..."

Finally, Aunt Ding kindly reminded Zhou. The grievance between Jia and Huo Daniu is not a secret in the village.

"I'm afraid that it's just today that I'm in a hurry. I'm still a soft egg when I look back. Bai is so strong. If he dares to bully my Xiaobai again, this time I will not be soft-hearted, and will directly chop his lifeblood!"

Aunt Zhou thought . She was a bit taboo, but she still had a fierce look on her face. Although she had lived in the village for many years, her temperament had improved a lot, but she grew up in a bandit den when she was a child.

Aunt Ding's hands trembled when she heard her cruel words. Thinking of her background as a big flower, she didn't dare to say this gossip.

He hurriedly shyly smiled, his eyes fell on Zhou Weibai next to him, and the topic changed.

"Hey, why did Xiaobai's foot hurt like this? Sister Dahua, you brought Xiaobai into the mountains again? I didn't say you, Xiaobai is a brother after all, it's not a problem to go hunting with you all day long, go. If something happens in the mountains, let alone someone with a broken leg or a broken foot, it will be even harder to get married if you have a scar on your face..."

When it comes to her son's marriage, it comes to Aunt Zhou's heart. Huo Daniu forgot all the gossip, and followed suit.

"It's okay, I don't plan to marry Xiaobai anyway, we have only one child in our family, I have discussed with the child's father, we'll just hire a son-in-law, didn't I ask you to help me visit other villages last time? How about it? Are there any suitable ones? For those who have read books, I will give you ten taels of betrothal gifts, and those who are illiterate but strong and able to work will give five taels. Don't talk about those who are strong from outside and work hard."

Although Aunt Ding gossips, But it is precisely because of the many people who gossip and know, her family Xiaobai has a bad reputation in Huangxi Village and can't get married. Now she can only go to another village to recruit a brother-in-law to go home.

In fact, it's good to recruit a son-in-law, the child's father is not in good health, and she herself is getting old. There is only such a child in the family, and she is really reluctant to marry.

Aunt Zhou's eyes were sparkling, and she spoke bluntly about the conditions and the dowry, or else she thought she was bargaining for pork.

Zhou Weibai's face was a little red, but he was looking forward to it with his eyes sparkling. "Aunt Ding, don't listen to my mother, I don't need to be literate

, so I have to be able to work! If you find it, let me have a look first?"

It is shy and speechless, but Zhou Weibai is different. Although he is also shy, he has an idea.

He actually has no prejudice against scholars, but if he wants to marry a scholar's husband, he is unwilling.

When he first came to Huangxi Village, the children in the village rejected him and didn't like to play with him, especially the Chen family boy. Because of the marriage contract, he was often bullied by others. Fortunately, he was strong since he was a child, and the children in the village all But it won't be bullied by anyone.

After that, the Chen family boy had a bright future in reading, and the Chen family despised him even more.

I feel that his mother is from a bandit, that he is too strong and rude, and that it is really bad luck for his family to spend eight lifetimes in his marriage, so that the matter of catching Huo Daniu later ruined the marriage.

Although he didn't care about his marriage at that time, he was very angry because his father was so angry that he lay at home for a month.

So in order to prevent him from encountering someone like Chen's boy who would despise his family, Zhou Weibai really didn't want to find a husband who could read.

He is not uncommon to be an official and husband, just find an ordinary man in the village, he can hunt and work, and it is not difficult to become a pro.

It's a pity that his family's reputation in the village is really bad, but the people in the village dislike him for being gentle like other little brothers and girls, and they are afraid of his mother. No one in the village wants to marry his family.

The most hated thing is that the court has been short of population in recent years. The emperor ordered all unmarried girls and younger brothers to get married at the latest by the age of eighteen. If they are not married, they must at least get married.

Otherwise, after the age is over, the government will arrange for an official match, and it is not enough to give money. At that time, it doesn't matter whether the object is blind, or a widow and a widow, there is no right to refuse!

This is simply cheating. He is seventeen years old this year, and there is still a year left. If he can't find his husband again, he will be finished.

"Sister Ding, is there any suitable one? I really can't do it. I'll give you some more betrothal gifts. If I can work, I will also give eight taels of betrothal money

.

She really wants a brother-in-law who can read, but she can lower her requirements at critical moments. It is better to find someone who knows the basics than to give the government a crooked melon and cracked date.

"This... I'll go back and have a look, but Sister Dahua, you also know what's going on with your Xiaobai, I can't promise you, it really doesn't work, Sister Dahua, go to the yamen and let them be accommodating. Give me a better match."

Aunt Ding also knew the situation of the Zhou family, while lamenting that the money of the Zhou family was really hidden, she didn't dare to say more.

Otherwise, when the time comes, the tigress promises that it will not be done, and Zhou Dahua, the tigress, will not be able to make trouble with her when she is angry, and it will be terrifying to think about!

Dreams are full, reality is very skinny.

After listening to Aunt Ding's words, the two mothers and sons, whose eyes were still shining just now, sighed together: Why is it so difficult to find a brother-in-law/xianggong...

The atmosphere in the yard suddenly became dull, and at this moment, the gate of Zhou's house was suddenly blocked. Someone rang, and the late Huo family finally walked to the door of Zhou's house.

The first thing that sounded outside the yard was Hawkingshui's voice, "Is the wife of the Zhou family at home? It's me,

Lizheng Hawkingshui..." This sudden sound almost scared Aunt Ding off the stool.

It's only been a while since the incident at the door of Huo's house. As long as the people who watched the lively scene at the time and heard the word 'Huo' now have a shudder, they won't be able to relax in a few days.

Zhou Dahua is not afraid of not seeing what happened just now, but because of the marriage of the Chen family back then, she didn't even like to see the entire Huo family, including Lizheng Huo Jinshui.

However, considering that Huo Jinshui was in the right place, he personally came to inform the important events in the village, and frowned. Although Zhou Dahua was not very happy, he still put down his things and opened the door.

"Huo Jinshui, why did you come to my house?" As soon as

the yard door opened, Zhou Dahua's chubby body stood at the door, her impatient tone and expression made the words of Hawking Shui at the door choked before she could say anything. inside.

It's not that he is too useless to be afraid of this old lady, it's just that the old ladies of the Zhou family are not easy to mess with. Their words and deeds are like bandits. No, the Zhou family's lady is originally from the bandit's den, so it is normal for him to be afraid!

"The lady of the Zhou family is disturbing, is your Saburo here? I'm here to discuss something with your Saburo..."

However, Hawkingshui is also a villager in the end. He was relieved after being shaken a little, and asked politely.

The Zhou family tigress is too fierce to talk, but Zhou Lang is soft-tempered and reasonable and easy to negotiate, and the most important thing is that this tigress listens to her husband and wants to ask the Zhou family, and Zhou Lang has to decide.

But Zhou Dahua is not stupid. When she saw that Huo Jinshui was not here to inform the village, she must have asked their family for something. She would be willing to help anyone in the village, but not the Huo family. of!

Zhou Dahua's face was cold, and she was about to close the door when she suddenly saw another person beside her.

That man is tall! Who else is Huo Daniu's fellow with a dog-like figure? !

"Huo Daniu, how dare you come to my house!"

Zhou Dahua's expression was never eager to be seen, and it was upgraded to Hedong Lion's Roar.

Hawking's head hurt.

Aunt Ding, who was in the yard, fell directly from the stool this time, and screamed, "Huo Daniu is here? Ouch!", and immediately ran away from the back door of Zhou's house with a sarong in hand.

At the door, Huo Chengyi: "..." Is he that scary!