Chapter 22 Pawnshop help

Everyone knows what the pawnshop is doing. Although he can't hear the situation in the pawnshop at the moment, Huo Chengyi thought about it for a while and then made a guess.

Staring at the young man in the pawnshop becoming more and more popular, pitiful and pleading, he was a little worried, patted the champion on the head, and immediately walked in with the dog.

"Brother Huo is here again, what good things did you bring today?"

The shopkeeper of the pawnshop saw him come in at a glance, and greeted him with joy.

The original owner was a frequent visitor to this pawnshop before, and he brought anything valuable in his hand to the pawnshop. Huo Daniu was an illiterate person, but he made a lot of money for the pawnshop. The shopkeeper saw how unhappy he could be, and the fat sheep came to the door again. yo!

"Huo, Huo Daniel..." Hearing the voice of the shopkeeper, Zhou Weibai also turned around, showing a stunned expression, obviously not expecting to meet him here.

The voice was small and soft, with a nasal voice of grievance that was about to cry. Huo Chengyi felt very soft when he heard it. Before the boy fought with him and was beaten and hurt, he has never been so aggrieved and pitiful. I don't know what happened now. thing.

He nodded to Zhou Weibai as if to comfort him, then looked at the shopkeeper, and went straight up to knock on the counter window.

"Old Zhang, what are you doing? Why are my little brother's eyes so red? Are you bullying them and cheating them again?

" Zhang I, the shopkeeper, has always been an old man without deceit, when you cheat, don't smash my signboard!"

Hearing Huo Chengyi's words, the shopkeeper's eyes widened, and then he quickly explained, not daring to delay at all.

If it was someone else's shopkeeper, he wouldn't talk nonsense, but now the target is Huo Daniu. The village and town are notoriously difficult people. A few days ago, the gambling shop Fatty Jiang went to Huangxi Village to ask for trouble and was carried out by everyone. heard.

This person even dared to move Fatty Jiang from the casino, and he dared to neglect him as a small shopkeeper, so he had to be careful!

"This little brother's house was a thing before, and the bill has expired, and he wants to redeem it now. According to the rules, it needs to be added with silver, a total of twelve taels, but he only has ten taels of silver, and there is a difference of twenty taels in the middle. , this can't be accommodated..." The

shopkeeper was embarrassed, with a helpless expression on his face.

When the shopkeeper finished speaking, Zhou Weibai's eyes turned redder, and he knew that the shopkeeper was right, but he only had so much.

This is because he and his mother managed to save it, and this time they helped Huo Chengyi to sell orchids. He really can't take out the extra two taels now, otherwise his father's medicine would be out of money.

Thinking of this, he looked at the money in his hand, and begged again, "The shopkeeper, I will go back and collect the money, but can you give me some time, don't sell the things before I come back to redeem..."

"This Little brother, our pawnshop has pawnshop rules, I'm a shopkeeper, I can't promise you how long I can keep things, you can do it as soon as possible..."

With so much money in two taels, who knows what this country boy will raise For how long, the interest on the property will increase day by day, and the money will be more at that time.

The shopkeeper had no hope that he would be able to redeem the things back. He had already found the buyers of the things, but he didn't say anything, and gave an ambiguous answer.

Zhou Weibai is not a fool.

Huo Chengyi glanced at the shopkeeper who was full of talk and eyes, and knew that there must be something tricky in it.

He cast a reassuring look at the anxious teenager before continuing, "Don't worry, tell me how long your bill is overdue?"

He wanted to take a look at the letter in the boy's hand, but he didn't know the words here and couldn't understand it at all, so he could only ask.

The interest alone is two taels. He remembered that the Zhou family was not poor. What did he take? How long has it been overdue? At the time of redemption, it was as much as twelve taels.

Don't say that Zhou Weibai is the target of such an obvious tricky thing, even the villagers and friends who are generally acquainted will do me a favor.

However, this kind of help is returned to the gang, but it is not stupid to give money directly. The pawnshop is not a good place. If you say two taels, you can only deceive simple teenagers like Zhou Weibai.

Just when the boy was in a hurry, he had no idea and didn't know what to do. When he made a sound, he was as reassuring as a backbone and found a life-saving straw.

"One day, just one day."

Zhou Weibai's eyes were red, and he didn't know that the pawnshop's interest rate was so high, and one day overdue was two taels of silver.

Huo Chengyi's eyes widened after hearing this, and then he looked at the shopkeeper with a bad look. One day overdue was only two taels of silver, which is not the case for usury.

The shopkeeper's face froze when he met his eyes, he secretly said that he was not good, and hurriedly opened his mouth to defend.

"He was a good piece of jade pendant, and we paid a lot of money at the beginning. Without rules, it is impossible to make a circle. The bills are also counted in the yamen. Huo Daniel, everything... everything has to be reasonable, right?"

The shopkeeper Lao Zhang looked a little nervous, afraid that the bastard in front of him would insist on meddling with his own business.

But he didn't talk nonsense. Anyway, there was no overdue interest written on the bill. It was more or less according to their rules. .

But it was a coincidence that Huo Chengyi was an old fried dough stick, and this kind of threat didn't work for him at all.

"Okay, old Zhang, take the people from the yamen to oppress me? This day's profit of two taels of silver, your pawnshop's rules are bigger than the casino? Doing business is so dishonest, old Zhang, I think you will not be able to do this business in the future. Let's go..."

Zhou Weibai is just a serious little brother, he has never been in contact with places like pawnshops and casinos, so naturally he doesn't understand the inside story.

But he understands, he has the memory of the original owner, he knows the market here clearly, but there is no, the profit of two taels in this day is too much, and the usury of the casino is not so fierce, the old Zhang Ming of this pawnshop is clearly deceiving people!

"Wow, wang, wang!" The champion who has been obediently being a big dog also barked fiercely at the pawnshop Lao Zhang.

It stayed with Huo Chengyi all the year round on missions, and it was fed by Lingquan, and its IQ was comparable to that of humans.

As soon as I heard the master's tone, I knew that when they were arrogant, the grinning appearance and his half-height body really shocked the shopkeeper Lao Zhang.

"Huo, Huo Daniu, what do you want? This is in the town..." The

shopkeeper Lao Zhang had a pale face, seeing that the big man who called him the champion didn't even tie the rope, so if he was bad, he would just pounce on it. , Cold sweat on his forehead, where is this dog, it looks as scary as a wild wolf in the mountains!

The shopkeeper Lao Zhang was frightened to death by the champion's fierce screams. Huo Chengyi was in no hurry to stop it. When his champion had enough prestige, he took the money from the young man and put it on the table, and continued to talk with the shopkeeper.

"Old Zhang, I'm sorry, my champion is not very good-tempered. When you get angry, you get excited, so you should be more responsible. The rules in the industry are that you bully people who don't understand. Let's not talk nonsense. I'm from a village, redemption or not redemption is up to you, if you want to imitate Fatty Jiang, I don't care..."

Huo Chengyi knocked on the table twice, his eyebrows staring, a typical bully threatening.

You have to use this attitude when negotiating with the shopkeeper of this pawnshop, otherwise this is a bunch of guys who bully the soft and fear the tough. The truth is that the shopkeeper is inauthentic and wants to cheat laymen, he is not afraid.

On the other hand, the shopkeeper has to worry about his rogue making trouble and smashing the signboard. It is not that the original owner has never done this kind of bullying and rogue thing, and the matter of Fatty Jiang. I think these people in the town must have heard of it. .

Unsurprisingly, Lao Zhang's previous good face was gone, his expression was ugly, a good deal was ruined, and people even made a threat, so it's no wonder he was happy!

But looking at the sullen look on the face of this guy in front of him, plus a vicious dog staring at him, Lao Zhang finally thought about it, and chose to recognize the current affairs.

"Okay, okay, I've met you today! Bring me the receipt..." The

shopkeeper Lao Zhang had a bad look on his face, his face was so bad that he even changed his name.

Huo Chengyi ignored his face and stood there stupidly, watching him solve things that he had been begging for for a long time but couldn't solve easily. , in exchange for a jade pendant.

"What a fool, I have redeemed the thing, take it."

Putting the jade pendant into the boy's hand, Huo Chengyi was amused by the dazed expression, he stretched out his hand to squeeze the other person's face, and ate some tofu.

After pinching it, he didn't feel that he was taking advantage of others, and he still thought about how good his face felt.

Zhou Weibai foolishly held the jade pendant and stood on the spot without reacting at all.

The shopkeeper Lao Zhang next to him looked at his cheeky appearance, and suddenly realized: How did he say that Huo Daniu is suddenly nosy today, it turned out that he wanted to be courteous to his little brother, shameless!