Chapter 71

As the saying goes, when dealing with the public, it is good to have a relationship.

Unexpectedly, the old man Guo is ordinary, the two sons are still promising, and the relationship between the barracks is still a set.

The matter of visiting relatives was settled, Huo Chengyi felt that it was too worthwhile to spend ten taels to hire the old man's ox cart, otherwise they would spend the money themselves as usual, but the time to meet people was definitely not so fast.

The two stayed at Guo's house that night.

The next day, old man Guo went out again early in the morning. Naturally, he wanted to make money to help Huo Chengyi find carpenters. This kind of referral fee was the most profitable, and he didn't want to bother him for no reason.

This time, the old man didn't chase his old scalper anymore, but rode the war horse brought back from retirement by his boss.

Although the horse is quite old, its speed is faster than that of an ox. It snows in the past few days.

Huo Chengyi and the others delayed until almost noon before going to the military camp.

Since they were going to see people, of course they had to bring something, except for the ones prepared by Zhou Dahua in the village in advance, the two of them got up before dawn and made meat buns for two stoves.

Yes, the two stoves were all made with the kind of big steamer that other people use to steam things for wedding banquets. Together, they made seven or eight hundred, which almost exhausted Huo Chengyi to death. Cooking is definitely a skillful job!

This is also no way, he only knew that his daughter-in-law has a grandfather and uncle, and halfway he gave him Xiaobai proud promise to show his cooking skills to honor his grandfather.

The food in the barracks was normal, and the food of an exile like Grandpa Zhou was even worse.

In the end, who knew that there were so many 'relatives' in Xiaobai's family, and there were dozens of uncles and uncles combined!

But can you go back after you have said it, yes, you have to bite the bullet for your daughter-in-law.

The border military camp is not far from Li County, and it takes half an hour to walk there.

Under the guidance of Guo Qing, the two pushed the ox cart full of things and did not go to the center of the military camp, but went directly to the place where they worked in the exile camp.

Huo Chengyi didn't know what position Guo Qing was in the army before, but after they entered the barracks, many people greeted them with smiles along the way, it can be seen that he used to be very popular in the army.

It was noon when we arrived at the exile camp, and everyone was eating.

Although the prisoners in the camps were all criminals, the prisoners in several camps were organized according to the degree of crime.

The exile camp where Grandpa Zhou and his grandfather were staying was actually not a wicked person. They were all people who were forced to go down a devious path by life.

Therefore, compared to Huo Chengyi's imagination, the scene in which officers and soldiers beat prisoners with whips for work, the atmosphere in the 'Di Zi' exile camp was very harmonious.

In addition to the different food, the soldiers in charge and the prisoners working in the battalion teamed up, sitting on the big rocks with bowls and laughing while eating.

Seeing someone coming from their side, the soldiers immediately put down their bowls and ran over, greeting Guo Qing a little excitedly.

"Guo Xiaojian, why do you have time to come back to the camp to see us today? It just so happened that the radish meat that the Huotou Army made for us today is a big piece of meat. Wait for the young general, and I'll go and serve it for you. "..." The

soldier's expression and tone were a little surprised.

Huo Chengyi looked at the young man sitting on the scooter with interest. He didn't know what the 'little general' represented here, but the word 'general' should not be underestimated.

Guo Qing still looked gentle, shaking his head and smiling at the excited soldier.

"No need, I came here after eating at home, and brought two friends to visit relatives. Where are Zhou Wuyi and the others now?" Following

his words, Xiao Bai stared at the soldiers expectantly. The rest of the group did not see his grandfather. The figures of the uncles.

As a result, the soldier couldn't help but feel helpless when he heard it.

"What else can those bandits do? Work, I heard that when the eldest daughter of Zhou brought him something a few days ago, she brought him a letter from the family, and it said that his little brother Sun couldn't marry and wanted an official match. After Boss Zhou finished his service, he quickly took his brother back to support the field, lest his grandson be bullied by his husband's family..."

"Guo Xiaojian, you said that the temperament of Boss Zhou's family, it would be fine if he didn't get beaten up, who would dare to bully him? People in their family, guess what, Boss Zhou took his group of brothers to howl in the tent all night, and the cry was so earth-shattering that it made the generals cry..."

"Those are unreasonable . The old fritters were so bold that even the generals could not hold back. Dozens of big men kowtowed and cried and acted as rascals. In the end, the generals were helpless. Seeing that they had done a good job in suppressing the bandits, they agreed to let them go. They have finished repairing the city wall of Beigou and let them go back to their hometown ahead of the new year."

"No, Boss Zhou is very motivated and takes his group of brothers to work all day, except for sleeping without any rest, no matter how we persuade them. If I can't persuade them, it's just that those bandits who came from have good fists and feet, and others would have died of exhaustion. Guo Xiaojian, you came just right, then Zhou Wuyi will listen to you, you can go and talk..." The

soldier said . It was a headache on his face. It would be fine if one or two prisoners died, but it would be hard to explain if there were too many deaths.

In fact, Grandpa Zhou and this group of people are also very easy to manage in their camp on weekdays. They are straight men, they work hard, and they are more powerful than ordinary people. They can help them manage other prisoners if they have nothing to do.

However, the temper of this group of people is also very troublesome, just like in, the prisoners work too hard and the soldiers worry.

Zhao Guo is not at a time when the policy is strict, the country is peaceful and the people are safe, and there are a large number of prisoners who are exhausted and return home, and they must be used by people who care about it.

Huo Chengyi hasn't seen Grandpa Zhou and others, but whether it's from Xiaobai's mouth or hearing it now, he has a pretty good impression in his heart.

Xiaobai's eyes were red when he heard it, and he was even more excited to visit. He didn't expect that his grandfather, uncles and uncles were thinking about him.

"Uncle Zhou and the others have this temperament. These two are Uncle Zhou's brother Sun and his husband. They are here to visit Uncle Zhou and the others. Xiao Zhao, please take us there."

Guo Qing's voice was very familiar, not unpleasant. It should also be familiar to him, Grandpa Zhou and others.

Huo Chengyi understood in an instant, no wonder Guo Qing didn't ask anything after hearing that they were here to visit Grandpa Zhou yesterday.

"So you all belonged to Elder Zhou? Come on well, come with me quickly, that group of lunatics can finally stop..." The

soldiers on the other side heard their expressions change instantly, and as soon as they slapped their thighs, they hurriedly pulled them to meet someone.

It can be seen that the soldiers who manage this camp have a headache.

The Beigou mentioned by the soldiers is just behind the place where they rested and ate, and they can see the figure when they walk around a pile of building materials.

The number of people in this group is quite large, and they are equal to everyone in the place where they ate just now. Dozens of them are all brothers from the original Zhou Waigong cottage.

At noon, all the men were working hard with their sleeves rolled up, and they didn't feel hungry even if they didn't eat

.

Bricks, stones, and blocks come over, oh ah; when you

're done, you can go home, hehehe; when you go home, the

daughter-in-law will bring hot soup, hehehe;" The

unpolite lyrics carry the strong sense of the bottom people. The thick and simple, as if the folk tune of a folk song was sung by these straightforward men with a resonant boldness.

Huo Chengyi smiled dumbly. The rough man may be rude or sturdy, but that heroic exhilaration, That atmospheric temperament is the easiest and most comfortable to get along with.

The soldiers who led the way have long been accustomed to this, and sighed helplessly . Just as they were

about to greet people, the people working there discovered their existence first. , look at them in unison.

Ancient people were rarely short-sighted, and these were all people who practiced kung fu, and their eyes were very sharp. To

see them clearly, without waiting for other people to react, a burly man with a Chinese character face inside He ran over quickly with a look of surprise on his face.

Xiaobai recognized his uncle at a glance, and thought that his uncle recognized him too. He

stepped forward excitedly and shouted, "Uncle..."

and shouted afterward. After that, he was stuck in his throat, because his uncle didn't recognize him at all, and they ran towards Guo Qing behind them.

"Daughter-in-law, come to see me!

Zhou Wuyi's speech was not astonishing and he died endlessly. He ran up like a pug and pressed Guo Qing, who was sitting on the scooter, and kissed him happily. In the

public, Guo Qing's calm and gentle face was a little red. The

soldiers who led the way stood beside him and smiled.

After being a soldier for a long time, there are a lot of people in the barracks. Anyway, there is no difference between a man and a little brother except having a baby. Everyone is not surprised by this kind of thing.

The only shock was that no one thought that Zhou Wuyi, an exile, would finally be able to suppress their young general Guo.

These two don't look like a couple at all! Wounded a large group of admirers of teenagers.

At this moment, Xiaobai's heart was also broken. His uncle didn't even know him anymore, so he hugged his daughter-in-law and chewed it... Xiaobai, who recognized his

kinship and heartfelt resentment, was very unfeeling to interrupt his uncle's love.

"Uncle..."

"Just whatever, who are you?" Uncle Zhou, who was interrupted to hug his daughter-in-law, was very impatient.

I can't blame Uncle Zhou for not recognizing his nephew for a while. He hasn't had any portrait photos for ten years. The changes are big enough that parents can't recognize their own children.

The boy who was full of expectations was poured a basin of cold water, and the aggrieved were about to cry.

"Uncle, it's me, Xiaobai, you don't know me anymore? Last time you wrote to me, you praised me for growing up beautifully!"

That must be made up, just this stupid kid's letter...

Uncle Zhou Confused, "Are you Xiaobai?"

"Mmmm! It's me!"

Xiaobai nodded excitedly.

"Hello, uncle." Huo Chengyi greeted him with a smile.

"Are you...?" Uncle Zhou continued to look bewildered.

"Uncle, he is my husband!" The

excited Xiaobai hurriedly introduced.

After the words fell, Uncle Zhou's expression finally turned to face, and stared at him closely for a long time.

In the end, as if it was finally confirmed, Uncle Zhou showed a happy expression on his face, then took a deep breath, turned his head and shouted.

"Father, uncle, brothers, come here soon, Xiaobai is here to see us, and his husband, our Xiaobai is finally married!"

Zhou Weibai: "..."