Chapter 73

The ice wall theory is not new to modern ears, but it is a novelty here.

Everyone knows that ice is hard, but no one has ever thought of building walls with ice.

The main purpose of the barracks rushing to build the city wall this time is to prevent the harassment of bandits in Heishangang. The city wall cannot be built in a short period of time, but you can think of other ways to save the country.

When he heard the news from old man Guo, Huo Chengyi's mind suddenly changed.

There is never a shortage of opportunities to make money in this world. It only depends on whether an individual can discover and operate successfully.

If the 'ice wall' idea is finally adopted by the barracks, then he will not only be able to meet the barracks manager to discuss the business of soy products, but also make a fortune!

Of course, there is a lot of risk involved.

Therefore, in order to increase the success rate of the transaction, Huo Chengyi did enough preparations in the early stage.

Even the soldier who 'chattered' at the end carefully selected a soldier brother who was very happy, and the idea of ​​the ice wall was not afraid that it would not reach the head coach's ears.

The result was similar to what Huo Chengyi had expected. After listening to what Huo Chengyi said, the soldier's eyes lit up immediately, and he asked him about the specific details of the ice wall.

Others don't know how troublesome the harassment of Heishangang bandits is every year, but the soldiers of the border guard have a deep understanding.

Otherwise, there would not be a few bandits who would have to report to Beijing to build another city wall on this wild border. If the ice wall is useful, this headache can be solved, and reporting it is a great achievement!

Whoever is in the army doesn't want to be promoted through meritorious service. If they don't get promoted and get some silver, they can live a good life after retiring and returning home.

The soldier made meritorious deeds and took the opportunity to write and draw on the ground with a branch to explain in detail.

After speaking, he smiled very modestly, expressing that he wanted to play on a whim, brother Bing, don't take it seriously.

Don't take it seriously. After listening to his detailed explanation, the soldier felt that the ice wall method was absolutely feasible.

Haha with him face to face, but turned around and ran to report to receive the reward.

The commander of this barracks is an old general with a lot of knowledge and experience. There is no need to persuade the soldiers about the ice wall. After listening to the report, he clapped the table with joy.

"Okay, this is a good method! In winter, the ice is as hard as iron. If an ice wall is built, this year, the Xiaoxiao in Heishangang will dare to be mad! Come on, give this brother a credit, and take care of this matter immediately! "The

old general is a vigorous and resolute person, and if things are feasible, he immediately decides to call for action.

The little soldier blushed with excitement when he got the credit, and quickly thanked him, and then quickly explained the details of the construction of the ice wall.

In fact, there is not much technical difficulty. Water and weather are all ready-made natural conditions. The only thing that is bad now is the mold for making ice bricks.

This is a good solution, just ask a carpenter to make some wooden boxes of the same size.

When the time comes, fill it with water, put it outside the house to freeze for a few hours, and a block of ice will be completed.

There are not so many carpenter barracks, and migrant workers can only be summoned from villages within a radius of 100 miles.

But the soldiers who went to work soon discovered one thing. They didn't even find a carpenter in the area of ​​hundreds of miles!

"What, do you want to hire a carpenter to do the work? Not now, Mr. Jun, my man took the job seven or eight days ago, and he hasn't come back yet..."

"You are late, Mr. Jun, my son has gone out to work. , I don't know when I will be back..."

"Sorry, Jun, my husband's son is not at home now..."

If the carpenter from two families is not there, it would be better to say, but ten or eight, all the villages will have carpenter masters, even even The apprentices have all gone out to work, which is too coincidental!

The soldiers who split up and ran to several villages to meet such a coincidental result were all stunned.

In the end, one of the more careful soldiers found out at the time and inquired about the situation with the villagers.

"I heard from the villagers that about seven or eight days ago, someone went to the village to hire a carpenter master to work, and they paid a lot of money, so everyone ran away. Now, in a village with a radius of 100 miles, now let's not talk about the craftsman, even the apprentices who do the odd jobs. I can't find it..."

"Who asked for such a carpenter? If we can't recruit anyone, how can we go back to work?" The

soldiers were immediately anxious when they heard it. .

"There's no way, everyone is gone, go back and report the truth."

If the carpenter was at home, they could still be forcibly recruited in the name of the government, but if everyone was gone, they couldn't just bring a few people back.

Now this kind of situation is punished and can only go back empty-handed to explain.

Frontier military camp commander's tent.

Hearing that several soldiers were sent out to report back, General Qi was also stunned. He never thought that such a small thing would turn out to be such a big thing.

Without carpenters, it means that there are no ice brick molds. Without neat ice bricks, it is impossible to build the defensive ice wall they want. If they cannot defend against the border people this year, they will continue to suffer. This is not an ordinary situation.

Old General Qi and the middle-aged man in Chinese clothes sitting on his right side pondered.

On the left, a young man in an extravagant robe and jade crown slapped the table impulsively and roared,

"Who is so courageous to dare to oppose the imperial court? I'm impatient to live! What is that person's name? Why don't you guys catch him back? ?!"

Facing the young man's roar, several soldiers bowed their heads and said nothing, their expressions a little disdainful and dissatisfied.

Even if the court arrests people, there must be a legitimate reason. Others hire carpenters to work and they don't expect them to hire carpenters. How can they be against the court?

I really don't know that His Majesty will be fine when he is full, and sending such a scumbag brain to the military camp for training is purely a scourge!

Several soldiers bowed their heads to discuss, dissatisfied in their hearts, but they did not dare to express their dissatisfaction.

Although it is a straw bag, but who made the reincarnation in front of him well, is the son of the emperor, the identity of the prince is not something that a soldier like them can offend, otherwise Guo Xiaojiang is an example.

However, the soldiers did not dare to offend, and the old general and the man in Chinese clothing next to him were not so afraid.

Listening to the shouting of the youth, the old general's face collapsed and his face was cold.

"The military camp has the rules of the military camp, and the court must have solid evidence to punish the crime. Your Highness will punish the common people for their crimes. What will the people think of the court government in the future? The common people are the foundation of the country. Your Highness's return to Beijing should be accompanied by a note."

Zhao State is a territory that was captured on horseback. The royal family has a tradition of sending princes to the military camp for training and learning. At the end of the training, the generals guarding the border will report the situation.

To put it plainly in modern terms, it is an assessment. If you perform well, go back to His Majesty and look at him as a backup candidate for the crown prince. If you go back badly, you will basically miss the throne.

Therefore, the old general had a cold face, and the young highness who was still arrogant just now gave up, and shut up with an ugly face.

But looking at that fierce expression, it is estimated that he is tearing apart the old general who threatened him.

Even if such an emotionally exposed straw bag has passed this training test, he is afraid that he will not be able to sit in the future.

The old general shook his head, too lazy to bother with this idiot anymore, his eyes fell on the middle-aged man in Chinese clothes on the right, his attitude relaxed, and he handed over to ask.

"Seventh Lord, what do you think? This old man thinks this is too coincidental."

Although he did not agree with the young man's attitude of directly arresting and interrogating people just now, the carpenter's incident is really too coincidental, and it always makes people feel that something is wrong. . "It's really strange. Even the carpenter apprentices have been hired to work at high prices. Have you all found out who the

carpenter was hired?"

ask.

Naturally, this trivial matter has to be inquired and thoughtful. You can't just jump with a poke like a frog, and the soldier at the front speaks out.

"I have found out clearly. The villagers all said that the old man Guo from Lixian County recruited him. They said that a non-local businessman was eager to work as a carpenter, and the wages were very high. I went with me... The non-local businessman's name is Huo Chengyi, who lives at Guo's house at the moment, and the carpenters and workers are all there, so it's not hard to find."

"Huo Chengyi?"

Zhao Yinqi frowned slightly, feeling that the name was a bit familiar.

The guard standing behind him suddenly remembered something and leaned over to remind him in a low voice.

"My lord, this is the name of the country boy we met in Tongniu County who doesn't appreciate your affection. I don't know if it's the same person..."

Zhao Yinqi remembered this in an instant, and was immediately interested in continuing to ask. .

"Where is the non-local businessman who has inquired about it?" "I have never inquired about it, but the other party seems to be visiting relatives in the camp. He also has his little husband, and the husband and wife are together." Zhao

Yinqi listened more and more.

Like, expressions are more interesting.

When he met in Tongniu County, did the country boy also bring his husband? It's not impossible for the two young people to go out together. When I saw that the boy was very fond of his husband.

A flash of light flashed in his mind, he Minru noticed something was wrong, turned his head to look at the soldier who reported the ice wall's idea, and said eagerly.

"Did you think of the ice wall idea yourself, or was someone else told you? What's that person's name?"

Zhao Yinqi is in a high position and is majestic.

Where did Xiao Bing dare to lie and hide, he immediately knelt down and explained it honestly.

"It was someone else who told Xiaoxiao, Huo Chengyi who Bingtou said. When we were chatting, he came up with a whim. Xiaoxiao thought it was feasible to build an ice wall, so he came to report it."

Huo Chengyi was the one who came out of the ice wall and took Fangyuan away. It was him who was the carpenter of Baili. If Zhao Yinqi went around in such a big circle and couldn't see that all of this was deliberately designed by someone today, he would have lived in vain for decades.

The first generation of country boys even dared to figure out the imperial court and played them around. I don't know if they were really brave or if they were just born calves who were not afraid of tigers.

Zhao Yinqi touched his beard and couldn't help laughing, and then waved his hand.

"This king wants to see what kind of tricks he has made. Come and invite people to me."