Chapter 72

After all the chaos, Xiaobai finally recognized his relatives.

Then there was the cries of a group of big men in the exile camp. The men who were still working hard just now heard Zhou Wuyi's cry and immediately put down their tools and ran over, watching around Xiaobai.

Except for a few older brothers, most of these former Shanzhai brothers were taken into exile camps before they got married, and they had no wives, children, or family members.

The cottage is their home, the brothers in the cottage are their relatives, and Xiaobai was the youngest child in the stockade at that time, or the grandson of their eldest, and naturally the grandson of everyone. It was normal for everyone to be excited.

Grandpa Zhou was even more incredible. He hugged and cried directly, which made Huo Chengyi beside him jealous.

Zhou Wuyi was also very emotional after he reacted. He stood beside him and wiped his tears from his heart. After ten years in the exile camp, he saw his relatives for the first time. Can he not be excited.

The crowd cried and cried for a long time before they stopped.

The soldiers in charge felt their head hurt to death, it was enough for a group of men to cry like this.

However, Grandpa Zhou and others were all old fried dough sticks that had already stepped on the ground, so they were not afraid of the soldiers getting headaches.

Apart from the festivals, the prisoners in the exile camps are not easy to eat meat on weekdays. People who do physical work all day long are good at big fat meat.

Huo Chengyi's meat buns are full of ingredients, and the meat is still fried with fermented soy sauce. How can people here be willing to use oil to fry meat and steamed buns? Everyone likes his bun immediately.

Knowing that he is Xiaobai Xianggong, he is even more pleasing to the eye, and he has established a friendly revolutionary friendship on the steamed buns without saying a word.

"Good, good, strong body, steady footing, good looks, good eyesight, good choice..."

Grandpa Zhou was also very satisfied after looking at Huo Chengyi.

The brothers around him even gnawed buns and nodded their heads in agreement. He must be a 'talent' who can cook buns so well.

"Grandpa, I chose Xianggong myself, I chose it myself."

Xiaobai has always been proud of his man, and corrected his performance proudly.

Huo Chengyi also smiled with his chest out, supporting his daughter-in-law.

How could Grandpa Zhou and others not be able to see how proud their grandson was, and they praised him very much for the sake of face. The Zhou family tradition, right or wrong, can't dismantle their own family.

The crowd was happy.

The soldiers who manage the soldiers next to them are also very human. When the rest time comes, they do not urge everyone to work, and they continue to work with the rest of them.

In the military camp, let alone the prisoners in the exile camp, it is difficult for them to meet their relatives while they are in the army. At this moment, it is not impossible to give this kind of accommodation.

Besides, there is still Guo Xiaojian, why should everyone give him some face, the teenager's legs are for everyone...

"Work hard, everyone should behave well, strive for more meritorious deeds, and the general will ask everyone to return early when the time comes. Home, everyone works hard, hurry up and build the city wall!" The

management soldiers yelled at everyone to start work.

However, although the management soldiers were accommodating, the exile camp had to catch up with the project, so after eating the steamed buns and talking, after a while, Grandpa Zhou and others were still very sensible and ended visiting relatives to help.

Xiaobai is very reluctant, he has not said enough to his grandfather, uncles and uncles.

But the barracks have the rules of the barracks, and those in the exile camp are even more guilty. Fortunately, they have to stay at the border for a while, and there is still a chance to see people again.

In addition to Xiao Bai, Grandpa Zhou's uncle was also very reluctant.

I can't bear to see my little nephew who I haven't seen in ten years, and even more so, my daughter-in-law who finally came to see him once. Since Guo Qing left the barracks, he hasn't come back to see him, which is really unconscionable.

"When will you come next time?"

Uncle Zhou, a man in his thirties, still made an aggrieved expression.

He didn't laugh at Huo Chengyi at all. He finally found out where his family's Xiaobai's grievances when he begged for help came from, and it was clearly a family heirloom from the Zhou family.

It's just that Guo Qing stared at Zhou Wuyi with some hesitation, and it took a long time for his usual gentle smile to appear on his face.

"Work hard, come out and go home early."

A simple sentence actually has a lot of meaning, it all depends on how one interprets it.

Uncle Zhou naturally thought that his lover was waiting for him to let him go home early, so he happily faced Guo Qing in front of everyone and joined the team building the city wall with full of eloquence.

Guo Qing, on the other hand, stared at his back and touched his immobile legs. There was a bit of loneliness in his gentle smile that ordinary people couldn't detect.

Huo Chengyi noticed that after taking a few glances at the sweating crowd in the distance, he pulled Xiaobai away while pushing the cart away, while talking to Guo Qing, laughing and joking.

"Brother Guo, it turns out that you are the daughter-in-law of my uncle Xiaobai. No wonder you were willing to help us yesterday. We have to call you uncle. Why didn't you say that before, we are relatives..."

"Yes Ah yes, uncle..." Xiao Bai also called out with a smile.

This Chen Hu was too direct, Guo Qing's face was flushed, but he quickly returned to his usual gentleness, smiling and shaking his head.

"There's nothing to say, don't you know now, don't call it that, it's not appropriate now, my father doesn't know..." In

ancient times, there are even younger brothers here. It is not uncommon for two men to be together, but it is also Few parents would agree.

It's not unreasonable for Guo Qing to instruct him like this. Xiaobai nodded understandingly, and then smiled again, "Then I'll call you later..."

Guo Qing didn't speak, and looked at Xiaobai with a gentle smile.

Huo Chengyi glanced at him, put away the laughter on his face, pushed the cart seriously, and pondered in his heart.

On the first day, I met my relatives who had been separated for ten years. In the evening, Xiaobai was so excited that he was so excited that he talked in bed for a long time.

Huo Chengyi has always been very indulgent towards his wife, he kept his eyelids and talked with others for half the night before going to bed.

They went to the exile camp at noon every day for the next few days.

Because they only came during the noon break, they did not disturb and delay the official business of the camp, and they turned a blind eye to the management of the soldiers in Guo Qing's face.

But after two days of eating the small stove they opened for Grandpa Zhou and others, a few soldiers began to look forward to their coming.

The food in the barracks is a big pot of rice. This kind of food tastes good when the chef is good at cooking. When the chef is not good, it can only fill the stomach.

It is also a loss that most of the soldiers are from poor families, and it is the greatest luxury to be able to eat enough, and they do not ask for how good the taste is.

But Huo Chengyi went to the barracks every day to bring small stoves to Grandpa Zhou's family. In addition to filial piety, he specially tempted them.

For this reason, the two of them still push their mobile carts to the place every day.

Anything like braised pork with bean paste, stir-fried pork with fermented bean sauce, fried vegetables, roasted pheasant with fermented bean curd, fried rice with soy sauce, etc. Huo Chengyi will do whatever dishes are delicious and fragrant.

It directly led to the smell of the 'Di Zi' exile camp at noon every day, which made everyone staring at the cabbage stew of the Huo Tau Army and lost their appetite.

A group of soldiers gathered around the exile camp at noon, sniffling and drooling.

Fragrant, it's so fragrant. They clearly saw that the two who came to visit relatives were fried with vegetables, how could it smell more fragrant than their meat!

But everyone smells it, sees it, but can't eat it.

Only the few soldiers in the exile camp were lucky enough to follow him, and Huo Chengyi sent them a few small bottles of fermented bean curd and tempeh back home after rubbing them.

The euphemistically called thanks for 'taking care of his grandfather, uncle and uncle'. A little hometown food is not expensive, but just a heartfelt, and he coaxed a few soldiers into the air.

Then a few soldiers turned around and took things to show off to their brothers proudly.

"Look, this is what you smell every day at noon. This is the secret food made by the Huo brothers. No amount of money can buy it outside. It will kill you..."

Make others look down on it. They were exiled to the camp, saying that they couldn't get any oil or water, and this time they were envious.

The world is full of foodies, and a group of soldiers are so envious that their eyes are red.

So on the second day when several soldiers in the exile camp showed off, Huo Chengyi was stopped by a group of people halfway when he returned from the small stove for Grandpa Zhou at noon.

Dozens of mighty people, holding a knife in one hand and a purse in the other, coerced and lured with a vicious and pitiful expression.

Enough for everyone to eat in one bite.

But how could Huo Chengyi be afraid of this coercion and temptation, he spread his hands, helpless.

It means that all the food has been eaten, and I didn't bring much hometown food to visit relatives. The last few bottles were given to the soldiers in the exile camp as a favor.

So a group of soldiers could only return in disappointment.

When the next few soldiers in the exile battalion showed off again, the envy and hatred of the soldiers finally couldn't bear it anymore.

In the middle of the night, a group of people walked into their tent, put a few taels of silver on their bedside, and ate the good things they had hidden in a very inauthentic way.

When a few soldiers in the exile camp woke up in the morning and saw the empty cans that had been licked clean, they were so angry that they threw their fists into a fight on the spot.

They worked tirelessly as soldiers to guard the frontier, defend their homeland and defend the country. Is it easy to eat something good in this place where the sand is full of yellow sand, and it is shameless to be a brother to steal it!

Brothers who were born to death in the past have now turned against each other for a little food.

Is this a moral downfall? Or the annihilation of humanity?

No, this is just a little obsession with foodies.

The general who heard the report was so angry that he directly overturned the table, it was too embarrassing...

And Huo Chengyi, who started this brother-in-law battle for food, was very indignant and snickered with his daughter-in-law in the bed at night.

Then brew for a few more days, until the carpenter on hand has prepared what he wants.

Huo Chengyi finally started to take action to close the net.

Take advantage of the lunch break in the exile camp at noon, and chat casually with the soldiers who are familiar with each other.

"Hey, brother, I don't think you can do it like this. The snow is not small this year. In just a few days, the snow has piled up on the calf. Not to mention the difficulty of carrying things and walking, the soil on the ground is frozen. There is no way to continue building the city wall..."

"That's not it, so after the two days, the general said that everyone should stop work first, and the terrain here in Beigou is the worst for building walls, otherwise how can the black three be allowed to stop? Gangna bandits harassed."

"Stop work? But if you stop work and don't build it, they will come again this year? I heard that those people are not easy to deal with..."

"Then what can be done, the wall can't be repaired and can only be tolerated first. Forbearance, it will be fine next year, but this year I will have to suffer the surrounding people again." The

soldier sighed.

"Hey, that's true, but can't the people above come up with other solutions? In fact, I think we can build an ice wall first..."

"Although the ice melts in spring, the people from Kurosangoka only come in winter. If you build an ice wall, it will be done in less than half a month..."

"And it is very convenient and simple to repair the ice wall, just fill the wooden box with water and leave it overnight. A neatly shaped ice brick, put it up and pour it with water, the ice wall is definitely no worse than a stone in winter in this weather..."

Huo Chengyi, who was feeling the same fire, raised his eyes to the sky and opened a new world for Xiaobing.