Chapter 23 Called big brother Huo

Zhou Weibai was dragged out of the pawnshop by Huo Chengyi before he realized that he had been taken advantage of again.

When he saw that his hand was also being grasped by the other party, he was surrounded by passers-by, and he panicked and struggled. He observed whether the people around him noticed him, and his small face was anxious and shy.

Not to mention his unmarried little brother, even the married girl, the little brother and his husband would not dare to hold hands on the street where people come and go!

Noticing the strange glances from people around him, he struggled harder while shouting in a low voice to Huo Chengyi who was walking in front of him.

"Huo Daniu, you, let it go, someone has seen it..."

If he didn't talk to Huo Daniu so nicely before, but he just helped him a lot, if he is as fierce as before, It feels like a little bit of ungrateful feeling.

But Huo Daniu even pinched his face in front of others just now, and now he is still holding his hand on the street, how would he explain it back to the village!

And Huo Chengyi, who was holding his little hand and was happy in his heart, heard the call, looked back at his blushing expression, and looked at the eyes of the people around him, and his head also came to his senses.

Quickly letting go of the boy's little hand, Huo Chengyi smiled embarrassedly. It was less than a month after his time traveled, and his thinking habits of modern people had not changed. This was a trouble in ancient times, and it was taboo to hold a hand.

However, his hand was loose, but his eyes were fixed on others. No matter how he looked at it, he thought the boy's blushing look was really cute.

He had never seen a boy in modern times so interesting, blushing at every turn, the subtle ancient people were really interesting.

Zhou Weibai's face was getting more and more red because of his straightforward eyes, and he was extremely ashamed, but he was unexpectedly not angry.

Huo Daniu had stared at him with such straightforward eyes before, and even wanted to take advantage of him. At that time, he only thought that this person was really annoying.

But facing Huo Chengyi at the moment, he is not as frightened and disgusted as when Huo Daniu stared at him before. He just feels that now Huo Chengyi's eyes make him feel ashamed and his cheeks are hot.

After the strange shyness subsided a little, he looked around before pulling Huo Chengyi to the corner of the street. While thanking him, he took out a purse from inside his chest and handed it over.

"Huo Daniu, thank you just now, this is the money for selling orchids and peach gum, the orchid sold for 45 taels, and 16 catties of peach gum cost a total of 960 yuan, except for the money you gave me, there are 43 taels in the money bag. Another 800 texts, are you counting right..."

Zhou Weibai looked at Huo Chengyi and was very grateful, if Huo Daniu didn't help him just now, he would have been trapped by the pawnshop shopkeeper.

A few taels of silver is not much for the pawnshop, but it is a large sum of money for the people in the village, and his family will definitely be sad for the next few months.

He just came to town today to sell things. He originally planned to go back and take the silver to the Huo family, but now that it is just right, he is worried about so much silver in his body, for fear of being stolen and kept on his chest. hide.

Said the last boy to thank you again, "Huo Daniu, thank you, if it wasn't for your pawnshop just now, I would definitely not have redeemed things for me..."

"No thanks, we are all from the same village, and I will help others when they meet me, you If you really want to thank me, then call me a big brother to listen, we can be considered friends now, and the name is more suitable."

Huo Chengyi is a thick-skinned person, he took the money bag and put it away, with a hearty smile and an open and honest face. of taking advantage of people.

Zhou Weibai's face blushed almost immediately when he heard his words. He opened his mouth where he could call it out, let alone others. He is a little brother, and Daniel is so ambiguous and misunderstood.

But staring at Huo Chengyi's hearty and expectant smile, the young man who just owes favor is not very easy to refuse, and finally he can only retreat, "Then, then I will call you Brother Huo..."

Zhou Weibai blushed and was very uncomfortable. , although it was just a title, he still felt that no matter what it was called, it didn't seem right.

Huo Chengyi was originally a tease, but he didn't expect that the young man couldn't resist teasing at all, so he changed his name obediently. Hearing the call, and looking at his flushed face, he only felt a kind of unusual satisfaction in his heart.

He really wanted to tease people for a while, but now he was on a street corner, and the people next to him were not very good, so he could only put away his own thoughts.

"Then say that, and I'll call it that in the future. By the way, let's see if there is any problem with your things. I forgot to read it just now. If there is a problem, let's go back to find someone before we go far. Very."

Hearing his reminder, Zhou Weibai also remembered his own business, and quickly took out the jade pendant that he had just redeemed and checked it carefully.

When it was confirmed that there was no problem, the young man let out a long sigh with a bright and relaxed smile on his face.

Seeing his demeanor, Huo Chengyi also put his eyes on the jade pendant.

In his last life, although he died in his twenties, he had learned a lot in his life and knew some good things.

The jade pendant in the young man's hand is crystal clear and of good quality. It is a good piece of jade, but the carved pattern is very special.

Huo Chengyi couldn't help guessing that the pattern on the jade pendant was so obvious, combined with the anxious look of the young man just now.

"Is this a token of love that someone gave you?" Huo Chengyi felt that he was suddenly in a bad mood when he said this.

"No, no..."

Zhou Weibai was choked up by his words and blushed again, and shook his head quickly, his tone extremely shy.

Whether it is or not, how can you ask such a question directly to an unmarried little brother.

He was shy, Huo Chengyi got the opposite answer to his guess, and his bad mood suddenly became bright again, and even the corners of his mouth turned up unconsciously.

Also, if the young man already has someone who is in love with each other, why does Zhou Dahua worry about his little brother's marriage, and keep looking for a matchmaker to see others.

But this jade pendant pattern belongs to a couple. The little guy still cherishes it so much. Whose is not his?

Huo Chengyi was very curious and continued to ask, he was a little confused about the origin of the jade pendant, it was a couple's thing.

"This was given to my mother by my father. Last year, my family's harvest was not good, and my father had to take medicine, so my mother took this jade pendant..."

Zhou Weibai didn't have anything to hide, and carefully placed the jade pendant in his clothes to hide it. OK, please explain patiently.

The people in the village thought that the Zhou family could often pick medicinal materials from the mountains and that they were rich behind the scenes, but it was not.

Most of the Zhou family's money was spent on Zhou's father who was seriously ill, and the Zhou family had no reliable relatives, so the whole family depended on these mothers for their lives.

Zhou Weibai has one more year to go to the official match. Zhou Dahua doesn't want his son to go to the official match, so he can only save money to recruit a brother-in-law to come back. There are also his father and brother who were assigned to serve in the frontier. Zhou Dahua also asks someone to send some money and stuff every year.

So the Zhou family actually lived a very hard life. Last year, the harvest of the fields was not good. Zhou Dahua had no choice but to take the precious jade pendant given to her by Zhou's father.

When the family is better this year, I was lucky to find ginseng and sold it to the Huo family last time, and made a profit of 10 taels. In addition, Huo Chengyi promised to sell the orchid and peach gum, and Zhou Dahua, who had a looser hand, dared to let his son take it. The jade pendant is redeemed.

In the end, Zhou Weibai thanked Huo Chengyi from the bottom of his heart. His mother treasures this jade pendant very much. If the redemption does not go to his mother, he will definitely be very sad.

He hadn't had much in-depth contact with Huo Daniu before. His impression of Huo Daniu was all he knew from the people in the village, and what he saw on weekdays.

But these few contacts, ignoring the previous bad deeds, he felt that Huo Daniu really didn't seem so annoying, and even the big scar on his face was no longer scary. He is still helping him like this now, which is better than many people in the village. .

"Brother Huo, why don't I, I'll treat you to biscuits. Granny Qiao's meat biscuits in the dock are very famous, and her radish soup is delicious..."

Zhou Weibai wanted to thank him and said thank you several times. He felt as if it wasn't enough, but he didn't know how to thank him, so he finally said something like this, Granny Qiao's meat biscuits were his favorite food.

But after saying that, he regretted it a bit.

He didn't feel distressed about the biscuits money, but felt that his unmarried little brother invited a man to dinner alone, it seemed a little too reserved, and he spoke without thinking, no wonder his mother always said he was stupid.

Zhou Weibai quietly glanced at Huo Chengyi and lowered his head, feeling extremely annoyed, the whole person became like a boiled shrimp again, and his blushing head was almost smoking...

But in fact, this can't blame him for being so stupid when he came to Huo Chengyi , but he hadn't gotten along with other men since he was a child, and he suddenly got in touch with a man and talked a little bit at a loss.

If other men in the village today would have thought it was polite because of etiquette.

But who is Huo Chengyi? He has always been careful in his heart, and he is a modern person with an open mind. If he wants to pursue his daughter-in-law, he naturally has to find an opportunity to be alone to enhance his relationship.

Everyone took the initiative to invite me to dinner. If he refused, he was wasting the opportunity, and he would be struck by lightning!

"Okay!" Huo Chengyi nodded decisively without hesitation.

"Then, let's go."

Faced with such a cheeky man who didn't even say a polite word, Zhou Weibai had no chance to go back at all, and in the end he could only bite the bullet and send himself to the pirate ship.